Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

NC-17 posted:

Jerome Solomon‏@JeromeSolomon
There is no doubt Ryan Mallett will not be a Texans by day's end. But Mallett is the least of the Texans' problem.

Anybody got a roster spot for Ryan Mallett?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Texans tickets now as low as $12 on StubHub, so that's a bright side

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Chris James 2 posted:

Houston Chronicle reporter Dale Robertson:

‏@sportywineguy
Everybody else wants Brian Hoyer gone, too. Texans now accepting QB resumes. Never seen a more convoluted mess. And I've seen a lot.

Maybe they want Geno?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Too bad NRG Stadium is terribly situated and it's a nightmare even by sporting event standards to get out of there after the game

Lard on Fork
Feb 22, 2006
I mean I will holler at it
If you were to assemble an All-AFC South team, I'd guess that team still might not even be the best team in the league. The QB position alone would hold it back.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Intruder posted:

So is Bill O'Brien the last Belichick assistant who'll be given a chance at HC? Surely there's been enough failure by now that teams have learned better

Rick Smith deserves the ax/blame way before Bill'O

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

@McClain_on_NFL
Mallett released

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Ozu posted:

@McClain_on_NFL
Mallett released

Cowboys?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Ozu posted:

@McClain_on_NFL
Mallett released

:byewhore:

bondster
May 6, 2007

Bring back TJ Yates.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Mallet's gone

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Brb, writing my thinkpiece article about talent discrepency affecting how teams treat players re: Mallett and Greg Hardy.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

bondster posted:

Bring back TJ Yates.

@taniaganguli · 26s26 seconds ago
The #Texans have released Ryan Mallett and are working to bring back T.J. Yates as their backup quarterback.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

bondster posted:

Bring back TJ Yates. Case Keenum.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Kalli posted:

Brb, writing my thinkpiece article about talent discrepency affecting how teams treat players re: Mallett and Greg Hardy.

Mine's going to be about reverse racism.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Chris James 2 posted:

@taniaganguli · 26s26 seconds ago
The #Texans have released Ryan Mallett and are working to bring back T.J. Yates as their backup quarterback.

Get Jake Locker out of retirement! :haw:

bondster
May 6, 2007

Supposedly the reason Rick Smith vetoed BoB's decision to cut mallet was because he wanted BoB to wait until they had a backup signed.

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast

The Kraken posted:

Were the Lions really running a zone blocking scheme with mammoth guards Larry Warford and Lanken Tomlinson? If so, loving lol, I'm so sorry Lions fans.

Yup. This is something that was talked about earlier in the year a little more. It's why Joe Lombardi should have been fired a loooooong time ago. How you have that much of a disconnect between the talent evaluators/decision makers and the coaching staff is beyond me.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

DOOP posted:

Rick Smith deserves the ax/blame way before Bill'O

Objectively I agree, but on the other hand he is a Belichick coordinator who thought Brady backups were the path to victory so it's hard not to just :laffo:

That Which Squeaks
Aug 28, 2006

"Good. Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you."
-Bill Belichick

bondster posted:

Supposedly the reason Rick Smith vetoed BoB's decision to cut mallet was because he wanted BoB to wait until they had a backup signed.

and already saving face, good job guys.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Chris James 2 posted:

Texans tickets now as low as $12 on StubHub, so that's a bright side
Huh. I might just go to some random Texans game just for the gently caress of it :v:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Kalli posted:

Ironic since I bet Jerry brings him in.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

sean10mm posted:

Objectively I agree, but on the other hand he is a Belichick coordinator who thought Brady backups were the path to victory so it's hard not to just :laffo:

Yeah, BOB is supposed to be a QB guru or something and he handpicked these two guys.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Put Watt at QB.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Please sign Tim Tebow, at least make things exciting :v:

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

So is Mallet's career over?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Chris Burke ✔ @ChrisBurke_SI
Ryan Mallett is going to sleep in so late tomorrow.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

NC-17 posted:

Yeah, BOB is supposed to be a QB guru or something and he handpicked these two guys.

He handpicked them because there weren't any other reasonable options. It was the wrong option, but what should he have done? Outbid the Browns and Bills for Josh McCown?

A COMPUTER GUY
Aug 23, 2007

I can't spare this man - he fights.

fsif posted:

I doubt it, he'll probably continue on the same perpetual journeyman path for lovely qb-needy teams

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

fsif posted:

If you can't at least not get fired form THAT mess, you're basically radioactive and will "never work in this town again."

Hoyer is probably done too.

Intruder posted:

:laffo:

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

NC-17 posted:

Disclaimer: The following is meant in jest.

Well, the Patriots did lose 2 Super Bowls during his tenure with them, and won before and after he was there. Coincidence?

/disclaimer

No BoB is cool and I'd be happy to have him back as OC if Josh gets another shot as HC. He is even my personal favorite to become the next HC should Belichick die tomorrow.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Texans 32nd in NFL power rankings

quote:

At one point in the second quarter Sunday, Miami had 35 points while Houston had zero yards of offense. Read that line again. That might be the most amazing stat I've ever seen. No, that is the most amazing stat I've ever seen.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

A COMPUTER GUY posted:

I doubt it, he'll probably continue on the same perpetual journeyman path for lovely qb-needy teams
The same path Ryan Leaf took

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Kalli posted:

He handpicked them because there weren't any other reasonable options. It was the wrong option, but what should he have done? Outbid the Browns and Bills for Josh McCown?

Keep Fitzpatrick?

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

fsif posted:

Keep Fitzpatrick?

Compared to Hoyer and Mallet he looks like Aaron loving Rodgers so yeah.

That's not even hindsight just sight.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

fsif posted:

Keep Fitzpatrick?

I remember him being benched for Mallett for awhile due to ineffectiveness last year and then I think he got injured right before the season ending.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
:rip: Mallet

:rip: Texans

I'm glad Hard Knocks did the Texans this year.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Ralph Wilson Sex Depot has a challenger...

fsif posted:

@jeffphowe
Ryan Mallett has been released by the Texans. Wouldn't be surprised to see the Bills circle back after showing interest last offseason.

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast

Intruder posted:

Hahahhahaha that's incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Ozu posted:

Ralph Wilson Sex Depot has a challenger...

@jeffphowe
Ryan Mallett has been released by the Texans. Wouldn't be surprised to see the Bills circle back after showing interest last offseason.

Brady backups gravy train, toot toot! Go get em Rex!

• Locked thread