Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Blaine Gabbert

Bl

Blaine Gabbert

I'm dying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

waah posted:

Alright I am finally wound down enough to go to bed. I'll leave you with this.

Just give it to the CFL champion, have them play

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

effectual posted:

Holy poo poo he just lays into them so hard. Lmao

I somehow forgot about SCLotCotW and just saw this one last night. It was the best.

If my dumb, gay team can somehow make the playoffs this year, I will be happy. Maybe during their bye this week, they will fix a lot of things and turn it all around! :shepface:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

DancingMachine posted:

Seahawks please make a move to add Kap as backup QB. He can do everything Wilson can AND see over his offensive line!

Holy crap I had never seen the full version before (why would anyone have).

TBF, Wilson is able to see over the o line when they're all sitting on their asses.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Chichevache posted:

TBF, Wilson is able to see over the o line when they're all sitting on their asses.

:thurman:

DancingMachine posted:

Seahawks please make a move to add Kap as backup QB. He can do everything Wilson can AND see over his offensive line!

Wilson is still better at spinning gold out of straw. A Rumpelstiltskin type, if you will.

He is short.

Edmund Sparkler fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Nov 3, 2015

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Five time FCW Champion...of my heart.
How loving bad do you have to be to lose your job as QB to someone who flamed out for the Jaguars. Jesus Christ Kaepernick, you might want to consider a new profession.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Beautiful Ninja posted:

How loving bad do you have to be to lose your job as QB to someone who flamed out for the Jaguars. Jesus Christ Kaepernick, you might want to consider a new profession.

*football traveling 684mph bursts into frame but soars right over beautiful ninja's head*

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

So the Raiders need pass defence and pass rush, right?

I hope we get some of that.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
My god, Brees ties the NFL record with 7 TDs, the Saints pull out a ridiculous catch-your-breath win and all I can do is masturbate to the continuing wreckage that is the 49ers.

Starting Blaine Gabbert is just cupping the balls at this point.

It's unhealthy when you hate a franchise more than you love your own, isn't it?

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Five time FCW Champion...of my heart.

GD_American posted:

My god, Brees ties the NFL record with 7 TDs, the Saints pull out a ridiculous catch-your-breath win and all I can do is masturbate to the continuing wreckage that is the 49ers.

Starting Blaine Gabbert is just cupping the balls at this point.

It's unhealthy when you hate a franchise more than you love your own, isn't it?

It's perfectly healthy. Watching the Dolphins be bad is just as good as the Jets winning for me.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Considering we could probably comfortably pass a poll to rename TFF "gently caress The Pats", I'd say it's healthy, in context.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Maybe it's because the 49ers are nothing but pure endorphins at this point and when I watch the Saints it feels like 427 consecutive drive-lengthening Brandon Browner penalties.

The Saints used to have a cornerback who literally gave up more yards per target than "Hole in Zone", and I'd actually kind of take him over Browner at this point

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
And yet Browner was an asset on the Patriots and Seahawks. Maybe the Saints are using him wrong?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Rob Ryan, a bad defensive coordinator you say?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

GD_American posted:

Maybe it's because the 49ers are nothing but pure endorphins at this point and when I watch the Saints it feels like 427 consecutive drive-lengthening Brandon Browner penalties.

The Saints used to have a cornerback who literally gave up more yards per target than "Hole in Zone", and I'd actually kind of take him over Browner at this point

You know what the 2013 Seahawks and the 2014 Pats had in common? They both won Super Bowls, and they both had Browner. Clearly this is your year.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

I'm honestly pretty excited to see Gabbert play because, as much as I would rather see my team win, I also have an affinity for watching unimaginably bad football and the Gabbert 49ers have a chance at establishing a new gold standard.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Ozu posted:

Rob Ryan, a bad defensive coordinator you say?

hey man, any good defensive coordinator can have 49 points dropped on them on a bad day

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

sweet thursday posted:

I'm a mild mannered guy. I volunteer with refugees. But my friend hit me in the dick as I guess .. a joke? tonight and I went off on him. I had a couple beer in me but I went absolutely off on him.

Turns out getting hit in the penis is one of my hot button issues. Who knew

This is a pretty good analogy for Niners fan/Jed York interactions.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

There's going to be 7 games in London per year in the near future. It's going to end up like Thursday Night Football where every team has to play it once per year.

@JasonLaCanfora
NFL now announces minimum of 3 games/yr to be played at Twickenham Stadium in London on top of 2 at Wembley and 2 at Tottenham...

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

I do love that the NFL are approaching the UK the same way every US company does.

"UK? You mean London."

I want a game in Scotland so I can actually go to it, dammit :cripes:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Ozu posted:

There's going to be 7 games in London per year in the near future. It's going to end up like Thursday Night Football where every team has to play it once per year.

@JasonLaCanfora
NFL now announces minimum of 3 games/yr to be played at Twickenham Stadium in London on top of 2 at Wembley and 2 at Tottenham...

I originally didn't like this at all but 9:30 AM football has turned me around.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

I do love that the NFL are approaching the UK the same way every US company does.

"UK? You mean London."

I want a game in Scotland so I can actually go to it, dammit :cripes:

Lol Scottish Raider fans at a game. That's just asking for it. "The good news is that there appears to be some survivors."

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Volkerball posted:

Lol Scottish Raider fans at a game. That's just asking for it. "The good bad news is that there appears to be some survivors."

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Pats are proddy cunts imo.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

@ProFootballTalk: Oh wow: The Titans have fired Ken Whisenhunt.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Volkerball posted:

Lol Scottish Raider fans at a game. That's just asking for it. "The good news is that there appears to be some survivors."

Well, that's just inaccurate!

We both know there'd be no survivors. We're really good at fighting each other.

Choice quote: "An activist group that monitors sectarian activity in Glasgow has reported that on Old Firm weekends, violent attacks increase ninefold over normal levels."

Now I think on it, the Old Firm would take to American Football like ducks to water because of New York. Two teams from the same city, one in green and white, the other in blue, red and white.

Ehud posted:

Ding dong the Whiz is dead.

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Nov 3, 2015

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Ehud posted:

He's a bad coach.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Ehud posted:

Congratulations!

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Grats Metapod

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ehud posted:

Huh didn't see that coming. Well I saw it coming but not immediately.

Congrats Titans fans.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Kalli posted:

49ers @ Lions December 27th.

Game of the year of the millennium.

This is from a while back, but it's stuck in my head that this might be some of the saddest football ever witnessed, and that I'll be in town to check it out. Never actually been to an NFL game.

Lions fans: is it worth it to buy cheap tickets now, or should I try a scalper day-of? How easy is it to move up to empty seats? How much bourbon can I sneak in?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Make it happen!

@PFF_Steve
Chip trades himself to the Titans for a late round pick

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Steelers left guard Ramon Foster called in to The Fan's morning show of his own volition to double down on his comments Sunday that Vontaze Burfict targeted Le'Veon Bell, saying essentially that Burfict ran away from the play celebrating what was an 8 yard gain on 1st down.

Like, what is there to celebrate giving up an 8 yard play on an early down, when everyone in the entire stadium knew immediately that Bell was injured and calling for a medic? He went on to threaten that the Steelers will be looking for Burfict when they play again in a few weeks.

When asked how that was any different than Mike Mitchell celebrating after knocking the wind out of receiver Marvin Jones, as well as telling AJ Green that he was next, Foster said that it's not any different, except Mitchell didn't end Jones' season

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Well, that's just inaccurate!

We both know there'd be no survivors. We're really good at fighting each other.

Choice quote: "An activist group that monitors sectarian activity in Glasgow has reported that on Old Firm weekends, violent attacks increase ninefold over normal levels."

Ding dong the Whiz is dead.

Well if so many idiots didn't think Celtic were the greatest team on earth, no one would have to stab them.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I was thinking they'd let Whis go til the end of the year, just to get another high pick to stack the roster for the next guy.

Now they're gonna play their way into a couple wins.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Ehud posted:

Holy poo poo, I assumed the Titans ownership was too apathetic to do anything at all. Good job, guys!

Still need to fire their GM though.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

It's week 9 suckas.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Ehud posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GwjfUFyY6M

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

TFF database is unavailable so we're stuck here. Hey look at this...

Broncos offered Browns a first-round pick for Joe Thomas
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/11/03/report-broncos-offered-browns-a-first-round-pick-for-joe-thomas/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
They should really offer at least a first and a third, because with Joe Thomas the Broncos pick is probably 31 or 32. At worst 30.

• Locked thread