Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lambeth
Aug 31, 2009
As you may have heard, there's speculation that there may signs of alien life around the star KIC 8462852. While this is very exciting, I think a more important question is who would these aliens vote for (provided they could vote)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

they're seeing us in AD535 right now so i say Emperor Justinian

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

They'd vote for a third term for our Reptilian overlord Barack Hussein Obama.

lambeth
Aug 31, 2009

Aliquid posted:

That's actually probably the best choice they could pick, excepting the Nika riots and the plague.

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

once he reconquers Italy the aliens will respect him

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
They're probably pretty confused about why Theodora don't just off him and rule openly.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
They'd pick Kusinich as a write-in candidate

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Someone in the far, far, far future because that sun is 1,500 light years away

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx
they cast their votes for strategos, hoping to enter into the grand tradition of athenian democracy, only to find that athens is no longer there after it was bombed by the EU as part of the latest bailout deal

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Adolf Hitler

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Uh guys we have officially renamed the star to the WTF star short for What the flux?

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Ron Paul cause hes from their home planet.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

Al Borland posted:

Ron Paul cause hes from their home planet.

Please, it's obviously Newt Gingrich, he just wants to return home.

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!
When confronted with the American electoral process, I assume they'd spray pheromones from their anal gland at us, flicker incomprehensible colors across their skin, and withdraw their tentacles into the protection of their shell.

Which I think might be a vote for Trump? :confused:

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Fintilgin posted:

When confronted with the American electoral process, I assume they'd spray pheromones from their anal gland at us, flicker incomprehensible colors across their skin, and withdraw their tentacles into the protection of their shell.

Which I think might be a vote for Trump? :confused:

first part sounds like Santorum to me

District Selectman
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
They'd probably vote for some dolphin and then enslave us as D'Jork-mphian (their lord and saviour, obv) intended

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
They'd probably fix the prosthetics they put on Ted Cruz before sending him down here to form a fifth column

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
Donald Trump would build a wall in space against the threat of literal illegal aliens, so probably not him.

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Creator of the Code Napoleon
Conqueror of the Ziggy Piggy
Kang.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
aliens will know that the only way to maek america great again is a vote for trump

thus they will vote for hillary

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Aliens cannot vote; only citizens have the priviledge of the franchise.

Are we talking about an illegal expansion of the franchise in order to win an election? Because if we are, then I'm sure its something that the Obama administration, in their insularity, has considered.

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET
Jill Stein

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
I think it depends on which aliens.

Like, are we talking Mass Effect Krogan? They're probably going to vote for Lindsey Graham.

Ferengi? I'd eat my hat if they didn't vote for Rand Paul.

Some idiotic Star Wars alien? Ted Cruz (they DO seem to like to vote for the guy most likely to overthrow their entire system of government, those crazy Star Wars aliens.)

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Are we restricted to living human candidates only? If so then Trump or Cruz might be able to cause the kind of chaos needed to weaken our defenses and make everything ripe for takeover, otherwise they'd probably do best reanimating Reagan and voting him in then using various initiatives under their new puppet to take control surreptitiously.

lambeth
Aug 31, 2009

My Imaginary GF posted:

Aliens cannot vote; only citizens have the priviledge of the franchise.

Are we talking about an illegal expansion of the franchise in order to win an election? Because if we are, then I'm sure its something that the Obama administration, in their insularity, has considered.

I did specify that this was if they could vote. It's just a hypothetical question, my friend. :)

Personally, I'm hoping they would vote for Vermin Supreme, thinking that since he looks like a wizard, he must be very powerful.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

lambeth posted:

I did specify that this was if they could vote. It's just a hypothetical question, my friend. :)

Personally, I'm hoping they would vote for Vermin Supreme, thinking that since he looks like a wizard, he must be very powerful.

You say 'if' without specifying the mechanism by which you grant them the franchise. I am against an illegal expansion of the franchise to criminals.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
The aliens would vote for full communism, because if they have mastered the science of interstellar travel then surely they must have mastered the science of Marxism-Leninism.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 240 days!

The Nastier Nate posted:

Donald Trump would build a wall in space against the threat of literal illegal aliens, so probably not him.

I would vote for Donald Trump if he promised a Dyson Sphere. Then again, if what we've found really is aliens, it will because they went with the non-wall version of one.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Proposition Joe posted:

The aliens would vote for full communism, because if they have mastered the science of interstellar travel then surely they must have mastered the science of Marxism-Leninism.

And promptly lost the science of interstellar travel because Comrade Zognoid embezzled the funds for Hyperspace Triangulator procurement to buy concrete for his lunar dacha.

Aliquid posted:

No modern candidate can match Imperator Justinian's strong anti-Vandal policies.

Constant Hamprince has issued a correction as of 23:10 on Nov 17, 2015

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

when they come, they'll be so great, in so many ways, everything we once thought good will make us ashamed.

it's them we'll be voting for, not vice versa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
hillary

• Locked thread