Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Agean90 posted:

played the games demo. the graphics look like rear end so im not paying 30 bux for it, but it looks cool as hell. I was a con artist who went around fast talking my way into and out of pretty much everything while being a complete fucker.

If you max out Charisma you can con the street preacher into thinking you're the messiah, this opens up new dialogue options as you go through the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Unguided posted:

If you max out Charisma you can con the street preacher into thinking you're the messiah, this opens up new dialogue options as you go through the game.

Ballin

Played through the demo again, this time as a mercenary who was supposed to Titus Pullo his way through life.

Starting to understand the criticism about combat being poorly balanced. I can understand what the devs are going for, but my dude with a sword, shield, and heavy armor should probably be able to cut through some chump in light armor with a dagger and his gay rear end friend a hell of a lot faster than he is.

Combat being hard is one thing, but a character built around combat shouldn't be struggling this much

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

SM64Guy posted:

i like how he talks about the happy trees and how he (the happy tree) lives there

I like the sound effects he makes.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

He just drew a bunch of X marks on a windmill and said it reminded him of his teacher grading him at school. lmfao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

He doesn't even laugh or seem to smirk when he says this stuff so he's just calmly talking about being beat with a huge stick and failing his classes... So epic.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Plus the camera cutting to the close up of him whacking the brush against the easel... Epic.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Wormskull posted:

He just drew a bunch of X marks on a windmill and said it reminded him of his teacher grading him at school. lmfao

Wormskull posted:

He doesn't even laugh or seem to smirk when he says this stuff so he's just calmly talking about being beat with a huge stick and failing his classes... So epic.

That's awesome, I'm gonna watch when I get home.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

That's awesome, I'm gonna watch when I get home.

http://www.twitch.tv/bobross

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Agean90 posted:

played the games demo. the graphics look like rear end so im not paying 30 bux for it, but it looks cool as hell.

Can we get a ban here?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Folks if your not watching Bob Ross your blowing it right now.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

*reluctantly closes Overwatch stream*

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

There's something really epic about how he says "birthdate" instead of "birthday".

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I like that he says Futher instead of Farther or Further, and many other things about this epic man.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I played some of the demo and enjoyed it. I'll probably buy it now. I hope being baller at lore lets you eventually replicate magic. That'd be badass.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Wormskull posted:

I like that he says Futher instead of Farther or Further, and many other things about this epic man.

Everytime he calls something Almighty.

The almighty mountain. The almighty tree.

Powerful.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

Larry Parrish posted:

I played some of the demo and enjoyed it. I'll probably buy it now. I hope being baller at lore lets you eventually replicate magic. That'd be badass.

didn't realize this had a demo, I'll definitely give it a try now

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
BTW apparently when you move between main towns, any of the major quest lines you didn't do get resolved and you can't go back and do them later. Minor stuff is still available though. So don't leave the first town until you talk to everyone and try everything. I did some science poo poo at a machine and it made me get teleported to the next town though so don't be a dumbass like me and get moved through dialogue because you weren't paying attention

Dec 26, 2012

Agean90 posted:

Ballin

Played through the demo again, this time as a mercenary who was supposed to Titus Pullo his way through life.

Starting to understand the criticism about combat being poorly balanced. I can understand what the devs are going for, but my dude with a sword, shield, and heavy armor should probably be able to cut through some chump in light armor with a dagger and his gay rear end friend a hell of a lot faster than he is.

Combat being hard is one thing, but a character built around combat shouldn't be struggling this much

how "built around combat" were you, like what attributes/skills/equipment did you have. what kinds of attacks were you using

also not buying a game like this because of graphics is incredibly lame

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The graphics are really good for a Torque3D game, which I was not aware they even licensed anymore.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Larry Parrish posted:

There's not really any magic, at least on the part of humans. Except maybe like psionics? I'm not really clear on this but I think all the crap the Magi did was science.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Larry Parrish posted:

The graphics are really good for a Torque3D game, which I was not aware they even licensed anymore.

It's Free and Open Source.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Agean90 posted:

Ballin

It's intentional for combat chars to have a tough time especially early on. Your guy is not that strong and the people you fight are experienced fighters. Also there's almost always more of them. Use items like nets and get good.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ragg posted:

There's not really any magic, at least on the part of humans. Except maybe like psionics? I'm not really clear on this but I think all the crap the Magi did was science.

I like how it's really hard to tell if stuff was actually like, Arcanum style science and magic or just magic or just science or what. They did a good job with how vague everything is. I took the Loremaster background and it's funny how much your character flip flops between knowing it's all a scam & its just regular stuff they don't know how to make any more and believing that it's really powered by rituals and belief.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Larry Parrish posted:

I like how it's really hard to tell if stuff was actually like, Arcanum style science and magic or just magic or just science or what. They did a good job with how vague everything is. I took the Loremaster background and it's funny how much your character flip flops between knowing it's all a scam & its just regular stuff they don't know how to make any more and believing that it's really powered by rituals and belief.

I think its pretty obviously WH40K-style rituals replacing knowing how things actually work. Like in one instance its talking about how ion was replaced by aeon and gas was replaced by chaos. And originally it was just a straightforward chemical reaction going on or w/e.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
The words were altered to make it more understandable to laymen or some crap, i mean.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
And the demon talks about ions as well

Dec 26, 2012

Ragg posted:

I think its pretty obviously WH40K-style rituals replacing knowing how things actually work. Like in one instance its talking about how ion was replaced by aeon and gas was replaced by chaos. And originally it was just a straightforward chemical reaction going on or w/e.

yeah, if you have high enough lore it explains the "rituals" you're going through a bit better and it's clear this is mostly the deal

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I love that easy skill checks you can pass no problem are greened up, ones that you can maybe pass but are hard are white, and there's a few invisible ones too. I passed an invisible charisma check with the guy outside the manor in the first city and he gave me a bunch of free combat skills. Sweet.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You can use Lore skill to terrify peasants into giving you money to dispose of 'leaking' magical artifacts. This game is epic.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I got an achievement for owning a bunch of artifacts without knowing what they do, which makes me extremely embarrassed considering I'm supposed to be a loremaster.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Shoooot... Turns to the camera with a grin. Let's get crazy in here.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Larry Parrish posted:

I love that easy skill checks you can pass no problem are greened up, ones that you can maybe pass but are hard are white, and there's a few invisible ones too. I passed an invisible charisma check with the guy outside the manor in the first city and he gave me a bunch of free combat skills. Sweet.

Theres a bunch of dudes who will give you training with high cha. Basically they tell you their lives story then train you

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

01011001 posted:

also not buying a game like this because of graphics is incredibly lame

ill buy it when it goes on sale

wide stance
Jan 28, 2011

If there's more than one way to do a job, and one of those ways will result in disaster, then he will do it that way.
I killed the tower demon with my worthless 30hp thief. Put on some nice armor, popped a neuro potion, then threw a million bombs.

Game is really good tho.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

wide stance posted:

I killed the tower demon with my worthless 30hp thief. Put on some nice armor, popped a neuro potion, then threw a million bombs.

Game is really good tho.

Welcome ba... Never mind.

Dec 26, 2012

Wormskull posted:

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Wormskull posted:

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Wormskull posted:

rip

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I've gotten further than I ever have before in this game and I learned how to use a pre-war optical computer and had a dirty back alley doctor replace my eyeball with a cybernetic one. It's cool how apparently the pre-war world was on par with today, but a lot of stuff is different so you can't just correctly guess what everything is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dec 26, 2012

one of these days, ill try and make a character who can actually end the game by killing the thing

• Locked thread