Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the debate?
Donald Trump
Ben Carson
Marco Rubio
Jeb! Bush
Carly Fiorina
Ted Cruz
Mike Huckabee
Chris Christie
Rand Paul
John Kasich
Bobby Jindal
Rick Santorum
Lindsey Graham
George Pataki
View Results

• Locked thread
paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
clinton v trump, i think, would be a wash in terms of numbers because honestly i think anyone with even a modicum of engagement would already have made up their minds about the two going into the debates. theyre both so high profile, everyone already has an opinion, and is there anything the donald could say that would make someone who doesnt already hate hillary start hating her? is clinton going to point out that trump hates latinos like rats and have that come as a surprise to someone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Boosted_C5 posted:

HAHAHAHA

The Weekly Standard: "Jeb’s Dead: Adiós Amigo"

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/jeb-s-dead-adi-s-amigo_1055011.html

yeah fuckin rip

climboutonalimb
Sep 4, 2004

I get knocked down but I get up again You are never going to keep me down

Pinterest Mom posted:

92% of all people who lost their jobs under Obama are women

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/romney-92-percent-job-losses-during-obama-years-has-been-women

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Boosted_C5 posted:

HAHAHAHA

The Weekly Standard: "Jeb’s Dead: Adiós Amigo"

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/jeb-s-dead-adi-s-amigo_1055011.html

The New Republic: "Jeb Bush Went At Marco Rubio, And Proved Why He Ought To Drop Out.
http://www.newrepublic.com/article/123264/jeb-bush-went-marco-rubio-and-proved-why-he-ought-drop-out

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

paranoid randroid posted:

clinton v trump, i think, would be a wash in terms of numbers because honestly i think anyone with even a modicum of engagement would already have made up their minds about the two going into the debates. theyre both so high profile, everyone already has an opinion, and is there anything the donald could say that would make someone who doesnt already hate hillary start hating her? is clinton going to point out that trump hates latinos like rats and have that come as a surprise to someone?

i think shed beat him but it wouldnt be as much as one would hope

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
haha chris matthews laughing in the face of some dumb hispanic republican pr flak for being republican

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Montasque posted:

Drudge poll:

lol jeb lol

Losing to Huckabee. Good lord.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

did he already find the cure for diabetes?

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
Watching Trump continually piss on JEB's corpse was getting boring anyway.

Time to trash Rubio. Shouldn't be any harder for Trump.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

TEAYCHES posted:

i think shed beat him but it wouldnt be as much as one would hope

shed beat him in that way where news network guys sit around going "aw gently caress we HAVE to choose a winnner...... clinton."

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Platystemon posted:

Ten minutes of “Everything bad is ultimately rooted in the existence of government.”

Thirty seconds of “Being a CEO is really hard. Stop picking on me.”

I could be held CRIMINALLY LIABLE for not counting all of my money every 90 days.

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

Boosted_C5 posted:

As JEB! is a George McFly level doofus, I believe it will be harder for Trump to trash Rubio than Bush.

How could it possibly get any easier?

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

Base Camp Blanket posted:

As JEB! is a George McFly level doofus, I believe it will be harder for Trump to trash Rubio than Bush.

How could it possibly get any easier?

ever smothered a baby

Trump probably has

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
smothered a baby in the yoogest, most luxurious satin pillowcase

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

smothered a baby in the yoogest, most luxurious satin pillowcase

it died well and would poll well for him

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
look, i do business with babies, i love babies. im the only candidate on this stage who can negotiate with babies.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I'm not saying killing babies is GOOD, but let's be real, everyone does it, and I could name names, but I won't, because I'm nice. I'm just gonna say if I was a baby and had to pick how I'd die, a Trump pillowcase would probably be top of the list.

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I'm not saying killing babies is GOOD, but let's be real, everyone does it, and I could name names, but I won't, because I'm nice. I'm just gonna say if I was a baby and had to pick how I'd die, a Trump pillowcase would probably be top of the list.

:captainpop:

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
Rubio is the only candidate I'm not confident Hillary could beat in the general. So there's that angle to consider while we're all (rightly) cheering on Jeb's downfall.

But I think Jeb would have flamed out eventually even if Trump weren't in the race. It just might not have been so soon.

Foo
May 16, 2003
Professional Sponge

Boosted_C5 posted:

Boosted, what did you think of Rubio's performance?

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

Foo posted:

Boosted, what did you think of Rubio's performance?

Same as the first 2 debates, CLEARLY the best candidate for the establishment wing. Only difference was this time aside from presenting himself as the clear choice for the establishment, he also murdered a man on national television, albeit one that was already crippled and spitting up blood after being beaten to a pulp by Trump.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Cnut the Great posted:

Rubio is the only candidate I'm not confident Hillary could beat in the general. So there's that angle to consider while we're all (rightly) cheering on Jeb's downfall.

Same, but with Trump.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Boosted_C5 posted:

Same as the first 2 debates, CLEARLY the best candidate for the establishment wing. Only difference was this time aside from presenting himself as the clear choice for the establishment, he also murdered a man on national television, albeit one that was already crippled and spitting up blood after being beaten to a pulp by Trump.

I actually agree with all of this.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Trump's right about bankruptcy but they're gonna bring it up every debate lmao.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Cnut the Great posted:

But I think Jeb would have flamed out eventually even if Donald "The U.S. has become a dumping ground" Trump weren't in the race. It just might not have been so soon.

Rubio thinks he's his party's Obama, and he is young and adorable and fairly charming, but he A) has the establishment's weakest 'ugh I GUESS you're the only not lunatic we have' support, B) has literally no record and his party spent the last 8 years sneering about how community organizer and young senator don't even count for experience so selling 'dude who did literally nothing, has no bills of any note to his name, and literally today had a little poutfest that he's expected to do his job at all in the senate just to make it perfectly clear that he only joined the senate for a stepping stone' is going to be very hard, and C) he's never actually campaigned before in the real sense and would be going against the cartoon steamroller of a Clinton machine backed campaign.

There'd be some bad optics for sure, young 'dynamic Republican' against old wife of a president from 20 years ago, that's a striking image, but I genuinely don't think he has the talent to exploit that, let alone the support base.

I hope it's Rubio, he's dumb as a box of hammers and crazy in a lot of more subtle ways than others but I like the dude, and he's cute as gently caress, I want to see him do this because he's pulled a Cruz and instantly burned all his bridges to run for president right away but unlike Cruz I'd actually feel a little bad for the guy if he didn't at least have a good showing because at the very least he's the least crazy guy on these stages and that should probably be rewarded.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i think we can all agree that ted cruz is a simpering little toad

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

The Kingfish posted:

Same, but with Trump.

Yeah I don't get what people see in Rubio. Even when I put myself in the shoes of a conservative I just don't get his appeal at all.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

on NPR today a guest was analyzing republican candidates by the complexity of their speaking on one axis, and the positivity vs negativity of their ideas on another axis, and they said ted cruz was most like beowulf

at that point i did the needful thing

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

i really wanna know how that machinegun bacon tasted

I hope they greased the gun from head to toe beforehand

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
I mean I understand Carson's appeal is basically that his supporters are confident that he'll get 99% of the black vote because he's black and black people overwhelmingly voted for Obama because he was black sooo

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Basically what I'm saying is a Rubio like two elections from now could actually be very scary, but a Rubio shooting his load desperately early isn't scary at all.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

TEAYCHES posted:

on NPR today a guest was analyzing republican candidates by the complexity of their speaking on one axis, and the positivity vs negativity of their ideas on another axis, and they said ted cruz was most like beowulf

loving what

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
HE PUTS ME IN MIND OF A SAXON HUSCARL, IN THE LONGHOUSE TELLING TALES OF VALOR AND BLOOD, OP

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

TEAYCHES posted:

vomited?

masturbated?

both at the same time?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
A Good Debate with Good Moderators. Good Night.

https://twitter.com/JohnJHarwood/status/624630939952545792

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

they mustve been thinking of the version with angelina jolie

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Joementum posted:

I actually agree with all of this.

Same. Thank you, Boosted_C5, for your lucid evaluation of the Republican debate.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
cruz sighed as he drew his seax

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Hey Boosted were you my pal Chris Christie a few years ago or was that someone else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Joementum posted:

A Good Debate with Good Moderators. Good Night.

https://twitter.com/JohnJHarwood/status/624630939952545792

uhhhh, hey baby

• Locked thread