Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the debate?
Donald Trump
Ben Carson
Marco Rubio
Jeb! Bush
Carly Fiorina
Ted Cruz
Mike Huckabee
Chris Christie
Rand Paul
John Kasich
Bobby Jindal
Rick Santorum
Lindsey Graham
George Pataki
View Results

• Locked thread
FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

Atoramos posted:

Regulating it to two hours means watching them chomp for attention like hungry hungry hippos.

I wonder who will win the Webb Award for complaining about time the most and also killing a guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

I thought the CNBC moderators were great. Blew CNN out of the water. They seemed to do a good job getting everyone involved and they didn't take any poo poo from the candidates. The moment when they called out Cruz for dodging a substantive question to rant about the lack of substantive questions and refused to give him extra time was excellent. I would love to see Bernie and Hillary face the same questioners. Does anybody know if CNBC doing a democratic debate at any point?

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

Pompous Rhombus posted:

I've heard of fakeposting but this is ridiculous. Mods?!

You really prefer Anderson Cooper interrupting candidates every 10 seconds? I loved the part of the CNN debate where they asked for one sentence answers to, "What is the greatest threat to America?" and then went to commercial with zero elaboration from anyone. Certainly not a topic worthy of 30 second responses, that would be way too much. CNN also did a much worse job at giving even time with half the number of candidates on stage. It was a joke of a debate.

FuriousxGeorge has issued a correction as of 05:55 on Oct 29, 2015

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

zen death robot posted:

The CNBC moderators asked terrible questions and got stepped on all night for it. It was a trainwreck.

What questions did you take issue with?

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

TEAYCHES posted:

what are your top three favorite apps. how do you feel about fantasy football. what is your biggest weakness and how are you overcoming it?

I must have missed the app question. You're a gullible rube if you fell for Republicans spinning a question about the massive unregulated daily fantasy gambling industry that is currently under federal scrutiny as "a question about fantasy football", and the reason that weakness question is asked in job interviews is it can be very revealing of a candidate's character. It was also like one of the first questions, which is fair territory for a softball.

FuriousxGeorge has issued a correction as of 06:03 on Oct 29, 2015

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

Rocks posted:

Also Christie was the one that handled that question well by saying WTF, Jeb hosed up just by talking about Gronk and Gampy Sr.

Yeah, and Christie was the most full of poo poo about it. He knows it's unregulated sports betting, not fantasy football. He comes from a state with a huge regulated gambling industry. The fact that goons fell for his rant about it is hilarious. The biggest name on stage is infamous for his involvement with the gambling industry in that same state, but clearly a question about unregulated gambling is totally silly because Chris Christie got shouty!

FuriousxGeorge has issued a correction as of 06:07 on Oct 29, 2015

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

TEAYCHES posted:

maybe they could have phrased it more seriously instead of throwing a cheap poorly thought out question to two people without any serious follow up questions!

Oh yeah, Christie definitely would not have gone off on the same exact rant if the phrasing was different. For sure, candidates definitely respond directly and thoughtfully to the intricate questions asked instead of just answering with whatever vague talking points they have practiced if the subject comes up in any form.

Rubes. Seriously.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

TEAYCHES posted:

they only asked two people with a question phrased as a joke and then had no follow up questions

cnbc is garbage

The question was not phrased as a joke. I'm sorry Jeb! and Christie have put you under their spell. Maybe they do have a shot to win this after all.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

TEAYCHES posted:

you are a human being retard just fyi please dont troll rsf

That's hurtful, but let's make peace, like two great leaders have before us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

The Bush attempt to attack Rubio after Rubio had already handled the question well with applause from the audience reminded me of Chafee trying for Clinton after she handled the e-mail question. Guys, if the audience is already clearly with them, don't try some limp attempt to double down on the criticism.

• Locked thread