Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Here's some videos I took while playing through Uncharted https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVtL2EgEYrY https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrxiPLcearg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

The Pokemon Blue LP is insanely good.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

The Pokemon Blue LP is insanely good.
I love the weird broken music.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

reference pose/jesus stance will never not be funny

Captain Fuck Face
May 6, 2007

:] i like to read post :]
one time I was playing Final Fantasy Adventure on gameboy and i entered the first town and for some reason an near end game boss appeared, i think it rolled around the screen in a ball or something, and it freaked me the gently caress out. never was able to replicate it

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

cool

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ocarina of time is full of fun ones. like reloading without a sword after ganon knocks it out of your hands, and then you can use items on your horse, but if you hookshot onto something at certain angles it will bury your horse deep in the ground, or possibly eject it into the void

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lmao when the Raichu evolves twenty times. This is a neat read

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

ocarina of time is full of fun ones. like reloading without a sword after ganon knocks it out of your hands, and then you can use items on your horse, but if you hookshot onto something at certain angles it will bury your horse deep in the ground, or possibly eject it into the void

You can use this to just fly around iirc

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the Shawn glitch

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

".4 is quite honestly, the game fucker. If you encounter and catch .4, it will make your game go on its knees and have the game suck its glitch dick. " do people still type like this in the forums? The days of old GBS seem so far gone...

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

im having intense de ja vu reading that and i couldve sworn ive read it before

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wow, it's crazy to learn now that the Gameboy Color had the wrong kind of RAM.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I like the glitches that give you new combat strategies like in FF6 for the SNES casting Vanish made your evasion against physical attacks increase but it tanked your magic evasion so insta-death spells always triggered in invisible enemies, so you could 1-shot bosses by comboing those spells.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

Wow, it's crazy to learn now that the Gameboy Color had the wrong kind of RAM.

if you had the clear purple gbc, you woulda seen it

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

I like the glitches that give you new combat strategies like in FF6 for the SNES casting Vanish made your evasion against physical attacks increase but it tanked your magic evasion so insta-death spells always triggered in invisible enemies, so you could 1-shot bosses by comboing those spells.
They "fixed" that in the GBA port and it sucked

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

FF6 had lots of bugs iirc. I believe Evasion just flat out doesn't work because it was never coded properly

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Also the fact that reflected magic can't be reflected again so against some enemies with reflect you could just cast it on a PC and have the other PCs attack the reflected char so the spells bounced back at the enemy.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

FF6 had lots of bugs iirc. I believe Evasion just flat out doesn't work because it was never coded properly
Yeah it uses MBlock for all attacks, magical and physical. They fixed that too in the GBA port

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I wonder if anybody has ever explained why Metroid Prime's physics get so specifically goofy. Like all the sequence breaking tricks in that game make no real sense. If you hold R and look down at your feet and then let go while jumping, you'll go further and higher than normal. Also if you hit L at any time before you hit a jump you will get the same thing. It's strange

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also the fact that reflected magic can't be reflected again so against some enemies with reflect you could just cast it on a PC and have the other PCs attack the reflected char so the spells bounced back at the enemy.

I don't think that's a bug, that's the design of many FF games. I mean in IX there's a spell dedicated to improving that strategy

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Best FFVI exploits: Cyan going ham with his counters, Gau going ham with wind knife, Vanish+Death.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

metroid prime just puts an invisible floor under you if you end up in the void somehow, the devs put that in to make noclipping around and testing easier, but of course speedrunners use it for more nefarious purposes

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur

In Training posted:

I don't think that's a bug, that's the design of many FF games. I mean in IX there's a spell dedicated to improving that strategy

it's like disgaea when you walk with a character towards your healer so he's close enough to be in reach, heal them, then cancel the movement and go somewhere else instead fully healed. Feels dirty.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I wonder what happened in the original thread that made him close it to make sure everybody calmed down lol

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
in ultima 7 the vibrate spell makes npcs drop every item they have including npc-only items

batlin has an infinite ammo 0 cost death spell wielded

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Doctor Goat posted:

in ultima 7 the vibrate spell makes npcs drop every item they have including npc-only items

batlin has an infinite ammo 0 cost death spell wielded

thats sick

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Average Bear posted:

Does level select from the Genesis sonic games count? That was cool discovering it.

only when you accidentally tilt the cartridge in sonic 3d blast and that sends the game to it as an anti-crash measure

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
That Pokémon glitch link is some good poo poo

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Stairmaster posted:

only when you accidentally tilt the cartridge in sonic 3d blast and that sends the game to it as an anti-crash measure

That;s the one I was thinking of

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i really love when games equip enemies with items you can get and it makes me wish skyrim had lots of unique items because itd give me an incentive to actually care about loot. new vegas has stuff like la longue carbine that's on stuff you don't naturally want to kill and that's cool

but, on the subject of bethesda, here's some ownage:

- in skyrim you used to be able to sell NPCs their own inventory, from their inventory, because they didnt test out the UI properly

- in oblivion if you put a poison apple on someone they automatically try to eat it, and it puts a status effect on them to make them dead as hell, forever. every time a new guard spawns it's actually an old guard healed and put back, so if you put apples on all the guards dead guys will just keep showing up at guard posts

edit: lol it works on bandits too and the only thing immune to it is either npcs that don't eat or npcs that have infinite food

- in new vegas theres a way to max your level before leaving goodsprings, then leave goodsprings and remake your character and keep all the perks + stats + skills

and a classic, the daggerfall patch log:
http://tes.ag.ru/dagger/files/patched.txt

Doctor Goat fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Oct 30, 2015

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Doctor Goat posted:

- in oblivion if you put a poison apple on someone they automatically try to eat it, and it puts a status effect on them to make them dead as hell, forever. every time a new guard spawns it's actually an old guard healed and put back, so if you put apples on all the guards dead guys will just keep showing up at guard posts

lmao this is amazing

Dec 26, 2012

MiF posted:

the gothic games had a button dedicated to looking behind you while continuing to run, for some reason. if you did this while jumping in 3, you'd just kind of keep flying up and forward until you stopped looking back. really makes you think.

lol i had no idea about this one. i have it installed, gonna try this

Pikachu
Feb 6, 2010

DANGER DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE
back in the arma 3 alpha the mortars had a bit of a kick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0X4xr4jbq0

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

All the pokemon cloning glitches are really cool. I cloned so many latios in pokemon emerald, I checked my game like a year ago and had like 30 of them.

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

Fallout 3 and NV on the PS3 barely functioned at their best, but the constant Havok physics bugs were amazing. NPCs would randomly stretch hundreds of feet in the air, turn into balls, and bounce away.

Theres some really hosed up stuff with the Fallout games on PS3 where the game gets glitcher as your save file gets larger. It makes no sense at all, the framerate gets even shittier and stuff clips through the map constantly.

They also glitch out like crazy if you reload your save constantly but I don't think that's limited to ps3, lol

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pikachu posted:

back in the arma 3 alpha the mortars had a bit of a kick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0X4xr4jbq0

Hold up I've got a good one I made

http://youtu.be/nRs4fq1mRNw

If a helicopter is scripted to go somewhere it'll try to do it no matter what's wrong with it.

frank.club fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Oct 30, 2015

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

A cool drat horse posted:

All the pokemon cloning glitches are really cool. I cloned so many latios in pokemon emerald, I checked my game like a year ago and had like 30 of them.

my friends just could not beat the elite 4. I was the only one who had completed the challenge and captured a Mewtwo with the Master Ball. by my mastery of the thrice-illustrious gaming power of reading N64 Magazine I knew how to perform the arcane art of cloning pokémon, so I cloned my overpowered Mewtwo to my friends to allow them to beat the elite four. the clones of this horrendous science experiment gone wrong single-handedly destroyed them all.

it was not long after that when I learned the dark art of item duplication and faced the otherwordly enemy of all save games: missingno. years later i learned of mew and the truck, and used my other pokémon game to capture it and transfer it to my main game, completing the pokédex.

pokémon red and blue are loving epic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

frank.club posted:

Hold up I've got a good one I made

http://youtu.be/nRs4fq1mRNw

If a helicopter is scripted to go somewhere it'll try to do it no matter what's wrong with it.

lmao

• Locked thread