Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Ramsus posted:

wait, there isn't an entire hip hop and gangsta thug lifestyle glorification of minority gang membership that is completely main stream?

also how many real criminal biker gangs made up of white people exist to the number of minority gang members? goddamn you dumb

Actual gangsta rap is not mainstream and I can't remember the last time I heard mainstream media complaining about white biker gangs. It's easier to demonize black people as being "thugs" instead.

:edit:

Tell me about your micropenis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muttonchips
Jun 5, 2014

by Shine

ArbitraryC posted:

I mean I dunno about you but I think being part of a violent gang makes you on some level culpable for violence the gang commits even if you weren't personally involved.

I think that is significantly different than your block party example unless everyone attending the block party was part of a gang and dressing the part at the time of the incident.
There were tons of people there with ZERO ties to criminal activity who got arrested for seemingly no reason. This meeting wasn't to broker some drug deal, it was literally a meeting for all the bike clubs. Even the non-criminal clubs. Biker clubs do charity runs and toy drives and just ride together. Last I checked, that wasn't against the law.

I know you people love being edgy and making fun of people, but people's lives got seriously ruined over this. Then again, they're probably going to win millions of dollars after they sue them so maybe they'll come out on top after all. You can't just ignore the constitution when it's convenient.

If they rounded up all the members of the Bandidos and threw them in jail, I would have zero issues. Problem is- they arrested everyone there. You can't do that in this country. That's not how it works.

Muttonchips fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Oct 30, 2015

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.

Philthy posted:

this is just like sons of anarchy

Not enough strutting

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine

etalian posted:

In prison they can have even more crawling around on their hands and knees while being really scared

um actually bandidos are also a prison gang with aryan brotherhood affiliations i think theyll live better in prison than you do in your life

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

FIRST TIME posted:

Actual gangsta rap is not mainstream and I can't remember the last time I heard mainstream media complaining about white biker gangs. It's easier to demonize black people as being "thugs" instead.

The last time you heard people complaining about biker gangs was the '70s. And they're clearly the goto rebel icon for middle-aged white men for decades now that Harley Davidson has made a fortune off them even though real OMCs can't afford Harley's anymore.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Muttonchips posted:

There were tons of people there with ZERO ties to criminal activity who got arrested for seemingly no reason. This meeting wasn't to broker some drug deal, it was literally a meeting for all the bike clubs. Even the non-criminal clubs. Biker clubs do charity runs and toy drives and just ride together. Last I checked, that wasn't against the law.

I know you people love being edgy and making fun of people, but people's lives got seriously ruined over this. Then again, they're probably going to win millions of dollars after they sue them so maybe they'll come out on top after all. You can't just ignore the constitution when it's convenient.

If they rounded up all the members of the Bandidos and threw them in jail, I would have zero issues. Problem is- they arrested everyone there. You can't do that in this country. That's not how it works.

I'm sorry but that's basically how it's worked for black people in LA for decades so whatever dawg.

Obstacle2
Dec 21, 2004
feels good man

Muttonchips posted:

lol you want to hang around a bunch of criminals and act hard then cry foul when you get arrested because of it what a joke

if they were non-criminals why were they associating with all these dudes packing guns? they are at the very least complicit in criminal activity

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:

King of Bees posted:

Free them all!!!

also holy smokes we should really ban guns in America

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

Justin Credible posted:

I'm the old man in the back right corner casually drinking beer and continuing to eat while rapid gunfire explodes barely 100 feet from me.
well no one not involved in the fight was injured iirc

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:
^^^^I saw the vid, bud, and camera zooms in and cuts out old guys reaction he might have just shat his pantalones and ran out the door

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Muttonchips posted:

The majority of the people in the video appear to be doing nothing wrong. Literally thrown in jail with a million dollars in bail for taking cover and running away. I ask you- where is the justice? Are all of you ok with this? Put your jokes aside for a minute and answer me from one member of the forum to another.

I'm no lawyer or cop or biker, but here's what I see in the video. I see a small number of individuals armed and looking to start trouble. Meanwhile, the MAJORITY of the people there are clearly unarmed, pose NO threat whatsoever, and are scared for their lives and taking cover. The only crime they're guilty of wearing the wrong rockers.

Yes. They found guns. However, it was clearly a small number of individuals (remember there was a HUGE mass of people as this was a meeting for local clubs) looking to start trouble. How many toilets do you think there are? 10? 20? 30? Certainly not enough to back up the claims made by the police.

So- after this shooting broke out, what did the cops do? Did they interview witnesses run prints and try to find those responsible? Nope. They took the easy way out and conveniently stomped all over the constitution in the process. They locked everyone (the innocents included), and had the audacity to slap them with a million dollars in bail. Last I checked, it is NOT against the law to join a biker club.

Let's think this through for a minute. Imagine there is a block party in an urban neighborhood and a shooting breaks out. The cops round up everyone, including witnesses and throw them ALL in jail. Can you imagine the outrage in social media the following day? Literally the exact thing happened to these bikers, and instead of taking up arms the majority of the populace applauded the event. Great job! Yes! Take away those civil rights and go ahead and ignore the constitution! Great job!

Chinatown posted:

i hope everyone dies

The Bible
May 8, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Toadvine posted:

HOnestly I expected bikers to be tougher and not run from a gunfight

Nah, like most gangs, they're pretty tough fuckers when they outnumber you 5 to 1, but in an even match like this, they're as pussy as the rest of us.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Luvcow posted:

lol if these people were anything but white guys on bikes they'd never be allowed to exist

FIRST TIME posted:

white biker gangs

Young Freud posted:

goto rebel icon for middle-aged white men
Cossacks are pretty white-Anglo-redneck but the Bandidos are more on the Hispanic side. Whenever I see a Bandido he's more often that not likely to be Mexican.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Justin Godscock posted:

lol loving lol

Most bikers are just wanna-be tough guys and chronic dope fiends who get in way over their heads.
Ya I think this is right. My guess is the Cossacks grew too fast and got too big for their own good. A bunch of SS-tattoo-wearing yokels from East Texas. They underestimated the cops' willingness to fire into them in numbers and the Bandidos' willingness to gently caress people up.

What wasn't reported so much is that violence was escalating months before the Waco gunfight. Bandidos would spot a lone Cossack in a redneck town and beat the poo poo out of him with metal objects. And that was just the stuff that got into the news. Most of it was never reported.

A Bandido sniper blew a Hell's Angel's brains out in Austin in the mid-2000s because he was trying to set up an 81 branch in the city. Dude was walking out of a restaurant with his wife and BAM. Police never caught the guy. They're like the mafia.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
BTW. I get not having much sympathy for a bunch of feuding bikers at a Waco breastaurant. But the weird, monomaniac obsession some people had with race and "The cops treated them with kids' gloves BLACK LIVES MATTER" was just plain stupid and looks even stupider in retrospect now. The police fired into a crowd and most of the people who got killed were from police bullets <-- fact.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Toadvine posted:

HOnestly I expected bikers to be tougher and not run from a gunfight

They tend to run into fist fights and escalate them to stabbings, but even they have enough sense not to gently caress around when you're getting shot at

Muttonchips posted:

The reality of the situation was this: They had to sort out who was who in that shitpile and they had to do it before the actual shooters just rode off (literally) into the unset.

So the only way to that was just to book everyone, and sort it out in the process. It's lovely but I kind of get it here. Lock the whole thing down. I doubt they expected or wanted 99% of the charges to stick.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Oct 30, 2015

Obstacle2
Dec 21, 2004
feels good man

Omi-Polari posted:

BTW. I get not having much sympathy for a bunch of feuding bikers at a Waco breastaurant. But the weird, monomaniac obsession some people had with race and "The cops treated them with kids' gloves BLACK LIVES MATTER" was just plain stupid and looks even stupider in retrospect now. The police fired into a crowd and most of the people who got killed were from police bullets <-- fact.

sorry if you dont see the difference between this incident and a child being tossed around a classroom
i'll give you a hint: one involved the exchange of gunfire

if these gangs were black the body count would have been much higher

Obstacle2 fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Oct 30, 2015

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Obstacle2 posted:

sorry if you dont see the difference between this incident and a child being tossed around a classroom
i'll give you a hint: one involved the exchange of gunfire

And nobody would be crying about them all going to jail.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Obstacle2 posted:

Bullshit. The cops were in a difficult situation and the culprits were bikers, and I get not having much sympathy - there was gunfire coming from the crowd - but how anyone can say a police response involving "overwhelming suppressive fire," nine dead and the largest mass arrest in modern American history is a reflection of white privilege on the part of the bikers has their head up their rear end.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Omi-Polari posted:

Bullshit. The cops were in a difficult situation and the culprits were bikers, and I get not having much sympathy - there was gunfire coming from the crowd - but how anyone can say a police response involving "overwhelming suppressive fire," nine dead and the largest mass arrest in modern American history is a reflection of white privilege on the part of the bikers has their head up their rear end.

None of what you typed has anything to do with the post you quoted and claimed was bullshit.

To be clear, if the bikers had been black it would have been a massive bloodbath

Lmbo at "overwhelming suppressive fire" that literally means not shooting to kill

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
what a bunch of wacos.

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
McVeigh was right.

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

Ramsus posted:

lol yeah that's why there are no gangs made up of minorities

you must be euro trash or canadian

theres an all black outlaw mc in wilmington thats mostly vietnam vets and joe bidens son has scapegoated the gently caress outta them. took their clubhouse and poo poo.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Muttonchips posted:

The majority of the people in the video appear to be doing nothing wrong. Literally thrown in jail with a million dollars in bail for taking cover and running away. I ask you- where is the justice? Are all of you ok with this? Put your jokes aside for a minute and answer me from one member of the forum to another.

I'm no lawyer or cop or biker, but here's what I see in the video. I see a small number of individuals armed and looking to start trouble. Meanwhile, the MAJORITY of the people there are clearly unarmed, pose NO threat whatsoever, and are scared for their lives and taking cover. The only crime they're guilty of wearing the wrong rockers.

Yes. They found guns. However, it was clearly a small number of individuals (remember there was a HUGE mass of people as this was a meeting for local clubs) looking to start trouble. How many toilets do you think there are? 10? 20? 30? Certainly not enough to back up the claims made by the police.

So- after this shooting broke out, what did the cops do? Did they interview witnesses run prints and try to find those responsible? Nope. They took the easy way out and conveniently stomped all over the constitution in the process. They locked everyone (the innocents included), and had the audacity to slap them with a million dollars in bail. Last I checked, it is NOT against the law to join a biker club.

Let's think this through for a minute. Imagine there is a block party in an urban neighborhood and a shooting breaks out. The cops round up everyone, including witnesses and throw them ALL in jail. Can you imagine the outrage in social media the following day? Literally the exact thing happened to these bikers, and instead of taking up arms the majority of the populace applauded the event. Great job! Yes! Take away those civil rights and go ahead and ignore the constitution! Great job!

Omi-Polari posted:

The police fired into a crowd and most of the people who got killed were from police bullets <-- fact.

Booblord Zagats posted:

Anything that removes motorcyclists from the roads is a-ok with me

Booblord Zagats fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Oct 30, 2015

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

Muttonchips posted:

Yeah.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
It's disgusting the extent to which Obama went just to frame these patriots that were getting ready to mass protest the administration.

DenizenKane
Nov 6, 2013

Please. Go on.
Lol at the people complaining that the bikers are being unduly targeted. They're part of an OUTLAW motorcycle club, which is explicitly a criminal association. If they don't want to be targeted by the police, they shouldn't openly associate with a criminal gang or identify as being part of one. ffs you people are stupid

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

one of them owned a taurus .410 on purpose, gulag these fucks

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

jfood posted:

The Hi Points were way more shameful, but yeah, they had terrible and dumb guns

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

DenizenKane posted:

Lol at the people complaining that the bikers are being unduly targeted. They're part of an OUTLAW motorcycle club, which is explicitly a criminal association. If they don't want to be targeted by the police, they shouldn't openly associate with a criminal gang or identify as being part of one. ffs you people are stupid

Guilt by association. Way more efficient than due process which is only for the correct state approved organizations. Brilliant

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

jfood posted:

A real outlaw would use a LeMat. Just sayin.

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
Also last I checked they're called outlaws because they reject regular biker clubs, not because they're literally outlawed by the government. They're not the mafia on wheels

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Jst0rm posted:

well you can at least guarantee there'd be a 300 page thread crying about it instead of 20 posts lamely making fun of fat white guys and their mexican enemies

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Beef Turret posted:

Guilt by association. Way more efficient than due process which is only for the correct state approved organizations. Brilliant

agreeing with a beef turret post :psyduck:

Jst0rm posted:

well at least the bikers aren't pirating movies, the most heinous criminal offense known to man

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Man those Waco boys love having shootouts with cops

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Omi-Polari posted:

a police response involving "overwhelming suppressive fire," nine dead and the largest mass arrest in modern American history

none of this is true except the 9 deaths

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
What the gently caress is it with Waco

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
So did they reveal how many of the 9 deaths were caused by cops? Was it all of them?

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Muttonchips posted:

they're all criminal scum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

Booblord Zagats posted:

The Hi Points were way more shameful, but yeah, they had terrible and dumb guns

I got my Holland & Holland in a holster on the side of my bike.

• Locked thread