Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

this game has a fantastic sense of humor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

it just turned 2020 in my game and liverpool are 13th in the championship and have had to sell off all of their good players. The only people they can't/won't get rid of are Henderson, Balotelli, and Coutinho, but I suspect that they can't last another season with their wages...this owns, they're going full Leeds.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

i just logged the second greatest tippelegaen season on the leaderboards with valerenga...

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

you guys are idiots if you think you can only score from crosses. You can only score from crosses if you use wingers, try to widen the play, and play deep. Like in real life, it's easiest to break down an organized defense through the wings. Only like Barcelona et al can consistently create chances through the middle of the pitch.

If you want more of your goals to come through the middle of the pitch (and you're managing a mediocre side), you need to press higher up, get stuck in, and win balls in scenarios where you can release a man through early. I score a decent amount of goals of crosses, but I also score a ton through the middle of the pitch against a scrambling defense because I set up my pressing correctly.

In terms of the AI, i'd agree that they score a disproportionate amount of their goals from crosses, or the immediate aftermath, but it's also likely that that's because you're playing an organized defense that yields those sort of chances. If you played 4-4-2, high up the pitch, with an offside trap, with your wingers and fullbacks double marking theirs, you'd likely concede most of your goals through the middle of the field. I don't have evidence to corroborate this theory because I hate playing like that, but it stands to reason. The match engine isn't a gimmick as much as FM players likely have similar ideas about how football 'should' be played

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Daniel Levy got bought out at Spurs and then took over Man United in my game lmao

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

most goals i've ever scored in a PL match

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

8bitlawd posted:

what was your tactic?
just a normal shell formation

but then i have a ton of individual player instructions.

e:

rashford is practically a cheat code

straight up brolic fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Aug 28, 2016