Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Get that boy in a mentoring group with a bunch of professionals before he dies of liver failure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
By fixing throwins, do you mean the early days of "throw in = goal" about 99% of the time? Then yes

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Eric the Mauve posted:

Nah, I don't mean the long throw-in thing. I just mean that like 50% or more of throw-ins result in immediate turnovers, like the guy literally just tosses the ball to the feet of his nearest opponent

No, that still happens. Not every time, but it's pretty regular yet

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Ragingsheep posted:

When are you supposed to get the Brexit message in FM19? I'm in Dec 2019 and still haven't seen anything regarding it yet.

I got a "Not leaving the EU" mail every single year from 2019 to 2027

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
All I want to know is if they'll manage to make regens look worse

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I just want it to use https://www.thispersondoesnotexist.com/ for regen faces

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

FM always includes FM touch. That's a full $1 cheaper than buying it on steam directly! And I suppose supports sortitout.

Humble also has it at 10% off at the moment (for another day and a half). I think if you're a Humble Monthly subscriber you'd get another 10% on top of that which would be the current cheapest option I think.

https://isthereanydeal.com/game/footballmanagerii0ii0/info/

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Just start every match on very attacking and if you need to be ultra conservative move to attacking

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
The AI will adapt to your tactics if you never change anything. If you're dominant enough it just doesn't matter, but if it's competitive things will start going south after enough scouting data exists.

Bustthenet talks about it in his Kingstonian tactic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-syHhWewKw

Basically early season he can be really aggressive when everyone is underestimating him, and later in the season he has to go a little saner/safer with his tactics to adapt to them playing him tighter.

I saw it myself when I did my "Bath City to the Champions League" save, I used a stupid aggressive tactic and after a while I could barely scrape out a tie, but even making a minor formation change everything went back to working great.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
When's FM getting updated to reflect Man City getting banned from the CL for two years

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Ah, the psg method

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Moktaro posted:

Never mind that, when does it get updated to reflect a Covid-19 ravaged world?

You can go into the editor and add a new disease. Toss in COVID-19 and give all the teams a year long supporter ban and there you go.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

OoohU posted:

Will fm21 feature no crowds & reflect the big financial woes of this coming year of football I wonder... perhaps an event showing if Trump or Biden win the presidency and thus whether of not covid gets cured sooner or later worldwide.

Kinda like the Brexit events but pandemic style.

I always play tier 6 teams, nobody showing up wouldn't be a major change

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
New features: no gate receipts

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
So I was watching another steam with someone jerking off about their 6'8" CD, I have a question

In terms of fm, does height actually matter or is it entirely jumping reach based? Like if 6'8" guy has a 14 and a 5'3" Muggsy clone has an 18, will the short man win headers?

I've always paid more attention to the stat than anything else, but just wondering how it actually works

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Yeah, I watched the video going "sweet, all new ways for me to not talk to my players". All I know is the quick chat option better include the ability to fist bump

Those analyst changes in the recruitment meeting could be nice tho

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I've got a B-Team question: Do they need to be solvent on their own, or do they just pull from the main team's finances?

Like am I dooming Schalke 04 II by hiring an expensive coach?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Prrt, crosses. Just lol if you don't give your keeper 20 free kicks and penalties and get him the golden boot via set piece supremacy.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Speaking of the world cup, zealand is announcing the 2026 cup on his channel and it's more entertaining than I'd have expected.

http://www.twitch.tv/zeaiand

As I write this Argentina is having it's way with Portugal in the round of 16

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Sounds like hard mode in this instance could be replicated by just not kidnapping south american 16 year olds

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

kingturnip posted:

There's a guy on the SI forums who's really annoyed that it might be possible to have a CA 100/110 player in a Champions League-winning side.

I think this has been true for every champions winning team I've ever had because I end up needing to register some .5 star hgc to meet the requirements

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Stotty posted:

This is the first year since 96/97 that I haven't pre-ordered yet.

The features added just don't seem to be enough for me to want to buy it. Mostly just seems like another superficial level of fluff on the areas of the game I don't really care about.

Think I'm going to wait a while to see what the consensus of opinion is on the match engine this time.

I've honestly been tempted to cancel my preorder. I always did the press conferences anyway, but I can't say I've wanted it to take longer or have "LA Noire" style reading of the chairman's body language features to determine if I'm choosing the right answers. They've said in the videos that just sending your assman is going to be a bad idea so anyone that didn't want the press conferences before might be forced into it.

I'm also not sure I needed a "Temba, his arms wide" interaction when talking to players either.

There's also new vision items like "Must spend entire transfer budget" which frankly is going to be really annoying if they didn't fix the reputation system so there's actually things to spend money on some years.

Other than being able to tell my analysts what to do there's really not much selling me on 21 atm.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

sassassin posted:

Beta is out.

Match engine is waaaaaay better this year. Like, it's actually good and fun.

They've made it so players aren't locked into their first decision and can reevaluate based on changing circumstances. Shocking how that changes things

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZRcjkRKbLE

You guys ready for some facepacks? Zealand and crew made a huge (like 100k face) newgen facepack based on AI face generation like https://thispersondoesnotexist.com/ along with a utility to install them on your newgens with automatic nationality/skin tone mappings.

It looks pretty sweet

Or the download if you don't wanna look at the YouTube:
https://fm-base.co.uk/resources/sagkrzealand-facepack.1266/

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

sassassin posted:

Shame there's no way to automatically pick up every newgen id. Player search on specific dates (16 on 1st September 2020 is youngest possible real life player, with oldest possible newgen after that) isn't going to be complete even if you're at a big club with full scouting knowledge, and you'll have to keep manually updating it as you discover more and more players.

I don't do massive graphics packs these days anyway.

Yeah, it's a lot easier if you have the ingame editor since you can just explicitly search for newgens that way

What they should do is work with someone like the fmrte people and just pull them newgens directly out of game memory

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

sassassin posted:

Even the cheater program still requires you use player search which only shows players your club is aware of, though (afaik). 'Newgen only' is a filter on those results.

You can have genie pull your in game searches into genie, but both fmrte and genie have access to literally everyone in your database if you use their searches

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I just make sure to always have a recovery and review after every match. do at least team bonding every week, outreach if I can. same with teamwork.

Really anything I can do to get cohesion up as fast as possible.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
That English match congestion is even worse year one in FM21 with their covid implementation. SecondYellowCard was doing Tottenham and ended the season with 10 matches in 20 days. Nobody could move by the end.

e: Conversely I do one physical session every other week at best other than preseason where I attempt to murder the squad with wind sprints

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Drone posted:

Does FM21 model the pandemic at all?

Like, previous FM games have had real-world things like Brexit, and the pandemic is a much larger impactor on the game of football than one island's dumb mistakes have been.

Not really. They decided that people have enough pandemic in their lives without it being in their video game too so they didn't include it. They just put in the fixture and money impacts (i.e. later start to first season, English leagues are even more suicide squads than usual with 11 games in 20 days, player prices are tanked, teams have little cash to spend), but the fixtures get back on track season 2 and money slowly recovers back to normal

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I like that you can't sign players from unsuccessful clubs

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Pretty sure zealand said there were about 200k faces. I did link the zgens back when they were announced, I find em pretty cool, and it's nice to see most of the youtubers using em now.

I still hope they change the manager to have features like genie or fmrte so it can just connect to the running game and find all the regens rather than needing the editor or fancy searches/exports to identify what needs new faces

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Yeah, there's an application that matches your regens nationalities and such with an appropriate face and then generates the xml that fm needs to show said faces.

Technically nothing would stop you from doing it manually, other then making a 5 minute task take hours

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
It's a thing, but I've only seen it happen while waiting for a stadium to be built

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
The team talks do stuff, depends how important you feel those things are. Your assman will 100% at some point talk about how your star player is up for sale and piss him off, so there's always that. If that's a risk you're willing to take, delegate all the talks.

Given that the press conferences are basically team talks given to both teams, I always do them manually. They're repetitive and tedious but you end up able to blast through them in seconds cause its the same poo poo you've answered before and know the right things to click. It really seems to help with complacency if you choose options that don't give your team an excuse to slack off, whereas your assman will definitely say that your #1 team playing the #30 team is gonna be a cakewalk and result in you losing 0-4 at home as none of your players are motivated and all of theirs are out for blood. :shrug:

People wanting more playtime get more playtime if I care about them, they get transferred or loaned if not. I mostly solve this by aggressively telling everyone they're squad players unless I'm absolutely sure they're going to be a star for the duration of their contract.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
afaik salary is just a number, but the bigger it is the more it costs to fire you so its kind of a safety net.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Mr.PayDay posted:

I guess that’s important for beeing bought out from bigger Clubs as a coach, too? So not going all in with salaries makes it cheaper to hire you as well, right?

yeah, lowers compensation needed

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Mickolution posted:

What's a good site for skins?

This is where I usually look:
https://www.fmscout.com/c-fm21-skins.html

Why, I don't know, I always just use TCS
https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/542128-fm21skin-tcs-2021/

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
It would probably just end up unsettling the whole team

Time to make a "Extra time and I've got the lead 0-2-5-3 tactic"

Azhais fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Feb 6, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
You can set up custom drat near anything in the editor. The stadiums aren't really visible so there's not much to do there beyond pitch dimensions

There's a menu for delegating tasks, so if you just want to hire an assistant manager and then watch him do literally everything you can, or take control of whatever parts you want. Finances and such are all handled by a nebulous board, so you can't play team owner however.

FM has pretty much every major league worldwide, so if you don't want to deal with Europe you can play elsewhere.

It's also on game pass now if that helps you any