Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
I'm also managing QPR, and Charlie Austin isn't offside that much. The most common stat I have is once per game.

http://i.imgur.com/NrimZET.png

e: linked big image

Mandalay fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Nov 11, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
What level is your tactical familiarity? How much freedom do you give your players? I haven't played LLM in 16 but if I did, I'd look to those two first.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
New patch out. 16.2.

THE PWNER posted:

familiarity is bad, since we just started

fix this first imo

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

THE PWNER posted:

It depends. The game doesn't seem to consider, say, a start every 3 or 4 games and regular sub appearances with any sort of weight. There are plenty of players in situations like that who would rather continue with it than go down a league.

For example I've got a 'rotation' player who finished the season with 14 starts and 23 games off the bench and he's been complaining all season.

I'm not really experiencing the same problems with my occasional starters. Yes, it happens from time to time, but you seem to be complaining about a more chronic issue.

Do you have their squad status as first team or something? Or would they actually start for your rivals of a similar reputation? Are they internationals for some random country? Is their personality "very ambitious"?

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
I also lost the CL final this past season :hfive:

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

Adrianics posted:

Dominated possession and lost 2-3. 3 shots, 3 goals, all from set pieces.

This is me officially declaring that I am done with this game.

Okay, Arsene.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
I'm so confused as to why they would be weeks behind schedule since I have very little appreciation of how hard the work between releases is. Wish I could glance at their project management timeline to understand.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

Cast_No_Shadow posted:

"your odds are 5000-1"

Hey, maybe you'll win the league?

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
8-0 losses to Celtic and Celta? Dang

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

nervana posted:

To clarify, I meant to ask if it is a better choice than buying FM15, or waiting for the next one(I'm not going to be free until mid-July). I'm going to assume the answer is "yes" though.

Yes. The new one will be probably full of bugs upon release.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
Delegate the parts of the game you don't enjoy to your assman or dof.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

gently caress me what do I have to do to get world class players to sign for me, I'm playing as Sunderland and I've won the league twice in a row (second the year before) won the FA Cup both times, won the Europa league a few years before that and various other silverware and whenever I try to sign any player that's about 4/5 stars they're never interested. Does the option to try and convince them by talking to them ever work?

This does seem unrealistic but then again I look at the (non) signing Leicester has made IRL and I wonder.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
Has anyone here played the NBA game and its career mode? I don't love basketball but a new sports simulator would be cool to take a break from FM.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
Irrationally excited for the new FM game now that the Premier League season has begun. The hype cycle continues..

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
Interesting offer here for FM17...

quote:

Planning on snapping up Football Manager 2017 and own a previous Football Manager title?

As a ‘thank-you’ to loyal fans of the series we’ve worked with our friends at Valve to offer a Steam-only discount of 5% off for every Football Manager game owned on PC, Mac or Linux dating back to Football Manager 2013. This means there’s a possible 20% available to fans who own the last 4 versions of the game!

As well as the discount, fans who pre-purchase from Steam will also be rewarded with a range of free downloadable content for Football Manager Touch including “Board override”, “No firing”, “All job applications”, “National management”, as well as 3 brand new challenges to play in the “Challenge” game mode.

You’ll also enjoy access to a fully-playable Beta version of the game, which will be available roughly two weeks prior to the official release date.

This offer is only available to fans who pre-purchase FM17 from Steam and, to qualify for multiple discounts, previous titles must be owned within one Steam account. Multiple Steam logins cannot be used.

This pre-purchase offer is available until 11.59 GMT on Friday 14th October so be sure to get the deal wrapped-up well in advance.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

The Croc posted:

Has any info on what new features to distract you from all the broken poo poo has been added this year?

They appear to have announced the game with zero new features announced.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
He probably isn't getting enough game time. How many league matches did he start in the last year?

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

31 games, 18 goals. I'm baffled.

That sucks. I only get messages like that when I've under rotated my squad and some guy has only started 50% of matches or whatever. Lame

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
It's annoying but I see it being reported in the real life press quite a bit. Players complaining about game time etc.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
Is there a 17 thread

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
Shrug. I really enjoyed the game.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

Adrianics posted:

No, I said that's how it feels. I'm aware that all this poo poo is the match engine manifesting itself in ridiculous ways.

I see fluke goals go both ways. Having just completed a FM17 season, they're in the minority. Deal with it?

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
There's an FM podcast? How is it?

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
I read online on some dodgy website many years ago that tutoring was a significant contributor to development.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
I sold Martial to PSG for 120m during my beta FM17 game. So him?

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
Asensio is basically the FM17 must have imo. Hope he's not crap irl.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
Nah, not as egregious in this version. Still important.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
game is good

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
It's a good game. The FM community is still horrid though.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

eleven extra elephants posted:

Anybody got any successful weirder tactics? Specifically looking for target man ones since I can never make them work.

If you don't already know btw 343 or 3412 and IWBs seem to be the new broken thing in the ME. Also triple Shadow Strikers work incredibly well, if you have anybody with pace they'll be cutting through the defence easily.

If you want broken tactics, you can try looking at the top ones here: http://forum.mrltactics.com/tactics

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

sassassin posted:

Big clubs will pay £30m for your 8.0 avg rating DM and then never play him because he's only 2 star?!?

Morgan schneiderlin irl?

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
Seems normal. I don't see the problem

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
I'm having good luck with TFF Aggressor (Defensive). Playing as Basingstoke, promoted to Conference National so far. Won the south with a motley crew of rejects on frees.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

Waroduce posted:

e: I'm think of starting again all over in League 1 or 2....what are some cool/historical clubs I could try to bring up? I've always done Millwall because historically everyone seems to hate them and their assholes. I always choose to be an rear end in a top hat in press conferences with them.

MK Dons

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
3 center backs, 3 shoots with power, nice

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
The game is an addictive huge waste of time

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

Jason Sextro posted:

my personal favourite is the PA bump that players get when they move to bigger teams - back when Thomas Lemar and N'Golo Kante still played for Caen it was typical to see theirs in the 130-range. Mario Lemina, too - 130-ish PA with Marseille, and after 20 games over the last three years with Juventus he's approaching world-class caliber.

To be fair, predicting the future is a tricky business.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
reoffer at the less than 2 mil price

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
I took Rostock to champions league qualification in my first season in the Bundesliga. My reputation still hovered under most of the 2.Bundesliga clubs.

So what I'm saying is get used to it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

Jason Sextro posted:

Those things are so weird. I once took Groupe Sportif Consolat, the smaller Marseille club, from the French 3rd tier to Ligue 1 in two years and got an interview and job offer with Arsenal. :shrug:

I don't see the problem. That's not a champions league club