Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Played some hours and I think I like this version. In not sure if it is *insert all time year* good where I will play 400 hours but it doesn't seem horribly broken like that year where crossing was broken and fullbacks couldn't defend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I read The Mixer and now I wanna go back and tinker with my heretofore perfectly good tactics. Lmao.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Can someone explain work permits to me.

Like when I sign a wonderkid it always says work permit failed but then they can still play every game in the league?

Is this soft brexit or a bug or can young players just play?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Ragingsheep posted:

Most work permits will fail on the initial application for wonderkids however you can appeal the decision. Maybe you just missed the message that their appeals went through?

Thats what I thought! But it happened again, failed twice, I sign him and he doesn't get the WP status and can just play.

Now I feel like I have cheated with my 4 South American Wonderkids!!

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Sky Shadowing posted:

Is your Brexit the "17 foreign players" version? In that case I don't think Work Permits matter.

Ah this is is it, its the 8 players trained in england version.

Thanks for that it was driving me mad.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Also its poo poo like this that makes me love fm, Im Danish coach and Nik loving Bendtner is my AssMan despite being a "scout by trade" and he keeps suggesting the dumbest loving teams and giving the shittedt tactical briefings.

The one briefing was literally "we should defend."

Game rules game owns.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Oh lol I never had dickhead ownsers before. End the season with 170 mil in the bank, qualified for Champions League.

I get 20 mil for transfers, 30 mil in bonuses for directors. :thunk:

Season begin and they now have 140 mil in bank and only give me 20 percent of revenue from transfers.

Edit: also I am afflicted with both anecdotal problems with fm18: always missing penalties (i am like 1 for 8) and united winning the league 7 years in a row lmao.

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Aug 7, 2018

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I laugh at the idea of The US getting good at football because culture but otoh if you watch Women's football America is the only country that takes this poo poo seriously and they loving crush everybody with their organisation and professionalism so I mean poo poo, its possible if all the best athletes stop playing American Football.

I also lol at Countries that don't invest in youth development that are football nations. Iceland can do it.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
If I had the time I would love to try one of those Welsh Premier League -> Champions League campaigns where you dont quit until the WPL had like 4 automatic places via league reputation or whatever.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Shroud posted:

OK, I laughed at this one

Okay, that owns.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Lmao if your owners are the "pocket the money" type and you get nothing to show for it.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I feel that you dont know if it is good until you play enough that you can tell if the slight engine quirks drive you mad.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
New tactics editor seems cool.

I think it will give newbies more rope to hang themselves but it seems to address some of the weaknesses of the FM tactic editor.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
For me its always during the international breaks I sim the days off and every time one of my superstars wants to join a megabastard ans gets unhappy I wont speak to him because I am simming.

Every time lol.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
God Mourinhos tendency in 18 to amass 10 years of league titles due to his lovely brand of football being "in vogue" with the match engine gave me the shits.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

XBenedict posted:

Is he not?

I mean journalists were saying Klopp on plays him because he is captain so...

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Chairman being pricks? Working as intended.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
If you win something you can get a solid rep boost yeah, but I find international managing a chore.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Walton Simons posted:

Mildly interesting transfer: Liverpool picked up a 17 year old Koke for £1.1M, so SI scouts clearly saw something in him in 2009 even if his current attributes aren't good.

Real Madrid are 15th in early November with new signing Cristiano Ronaldo only scoring once in the league.

e: Spurs sold Modric to Man City in January for £26M.

City, United, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool are having an exciting 5-way race to the title and Rooney leads the top scorers race with 15 from 25.

Zlatan won the Ballon d'Or since he's slaying it at Barca, 25 goals in 33 games in all comps for the runaway La Liga leaders. Pellegrini has sorted Real out a bit, they're third. Ronaldo seems to be an orthodox winger, he's still only scored one in the league but he's getting good ratings. Must be because they've signed Mauro Camoranesi for £13M for some reason.

David Beckham joined Almeria on a free. England qualified easily for the 2010 World Cup and find themselves in a very generous group of the Ivory Coast, South Korea and Russia. Absolutely nothing can go wrong.

Haha this owns.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Lemon posted:

I think it was FM12 where you could snap up Akinfeev, Srna, Gago, Mourinho & Fleck relatively cheap and then dominate for the next few years.

Srna owned in real life too imo

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Lemon posted:

welp I went on to draw the next game 5-5, changed just one position in midfield and then won the next five games without conceding; I think I really don't know what the gently caress and am just bumbling my way through this game

Steve McClaren account spotted

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Bea Nanner posted:

e: also absurd amounts of missed penalties

oh lol this isnt fixed

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

sassassin posted:

At the start of this career I had a 30 year old centre half with Nat Fit 8. Acc/Pac around 10 or 11. Good captain material, only defender in the squad with the vision not to panic and blast long balls all game.

18 months on Acc 7 Pac 6. Guy must have been necking pints non-stop. Just turned 32 and his career is definitely over.

15 was the last good one, and the last one before I started doing research for them. You're welcome.

Ahhh lower lower league Wayne Rooney the CB

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Bogan Krkic posted:

I signed a 36 year old Lionel Messi on a free for West Ham, and our first game of the season was away to Stoke. He fails to take any shots and I drag him after an hour of doing absolutely nothing.

Smash cut to the end of the season, and he's scored twice and set up another as we put Manchester United to the sword in the Champions League final, but he'll never be able to say he could cut it on a wet Tuesday night in Stoke.

I love this so much you have no idea.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
It remains eternally funny coming to some Welsh 2nd Div South team and installing some hybrid Gegenpress nightmare system to a bunch of plumbers and sparkies playing football for free in their spare time.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Gegenpress + long ball did well.

Only made 4 amateur transfers, a left winger, two CMs and a striker all of which were immediate upgrades.

I'm kinda confused, I seem to have just stopped losing at some point, presumably as the power of ~hoof it into the channels~ was taught to my players.

I've signed a bunch of Swansea (championship side) youth players that were released and maybe that will give me enough to fight for promotion next year.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I was leading with 10 games to go by 5 points and TNS came and signed 5 players, half my starting line up, and now I'm 4 points back with 3 to play.

I mean, fair, people were playing for free on Amateur Contracts and are now getting paid 200 quid a week.

I think I screwed myself by signing so many academy drop outs that would end up being poached to play professionally.

I am up 40k for the season though maybe the club will turn pro? Unless it's a Queens Park situation.

sassassin posted:

Is that Tom Dyson in midfield? Good player in the u18s, was disappointed we released him.

Sure is~!

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 11:01 on Jul 21, 2020

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
You know that scene in the Damned United where he hypes up Derby by telling them they're meeting Leeds "As equals" only to get thumped?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I gave up on Swansea Uni after finishing mid table in the first season in the premier league. I am too old to grind that out, according to google clubs need to have about a million in bank to go from Amateur to Semi-Pro.

I jumped to Bala instead, made it to R2 of the Europa League 2 Qualifiers and that seems genuinely possible as we got dumped out losing 1 nil away and winning 2-1 AET at home. Also we played our games at Wrexham lol. And for WPL teams the money from those qualifiers makes a difference.

Sitting comfortably 2nd on table with a third of the season gone. Total Network Solutions have checked out already. I think if I keep getting money from EL2 I'll earn enough to try and rough up Total Network Solutions in a year or two.

Then hopefully CL and then ridiculousness. The goal is to do what someone did a few years ago where you increase the coefficient so your league gets automatic group stage places lol.

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Jul 30, 2020

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Small clubs normally just get owner infusions at the end of the season.

Big clubs just reduce transfer revenue which is honestly more annoying.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Karl Sharks posted:

i kinda get their reasoning, but i still get irked when i try to praise players who are doing legitimately well and they get a morale hit cause "we have different standards"

what person behaves this way

I mean with professional athletes you may or may not be surprised.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
My very limited experience with professional sports is players having unrealistically high expectations for themselves and need to motivate themselves to do better and can only do that by being told they can do better.

Basically there are people that never want to be told they are doing a good job.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I'm gonna buy this aren't I

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Sets up Tactics.

First match team played exactly as I instructed.

Me: oh no I am going to lose my life to this edition.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I may have relayed this story before, but I played low legal amateur baseball and if I was told they were rotating the squad and I wasn't playing on the weekend I'd get hella pissed.

This is something I did for free, recreationally. And I was bad at it.

So I can totally understand a pro who gets paid and is actually good not taking it well.

Edit I also understood team talks after our manager said "well these guys are the best so we're going to lose pressure off do your thing" it then started raining and we won a super scrapy game and we felt like utter gods after and our manager told us we did good.

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Feb 7, 2021

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Ostentatious posted:

Having a lot of fun taking a shithouse team like Oxford City in tier 6, forcing them into Gegenpress Attack and winning nearly every match

God I love that poo poo.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

jesus WEP posted:

i don’t think rooney had a good run of form after he was like 29 lol

He drank and was on the darts right? No one was surprised he declined so fast.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Azhais posted:

Or fans chucking paper airplanes at your players

Does "The fans have seen enough already!" still tank the morale when they get up and leave so it's impossible to come back?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Eric the Mauve posted:

So what interaction of code routines causes the seemingly-but-definitely-not-actually-hardcoded Striker Droughts?

Finding out OOTP uses injuries to correct deviation was a real bummer so I'd rather not know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
1-2 1-1 2-1 1-0 1-0 1-0 Greece Style.