Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

I'm enjoying 23 Mobile, it's nicely streamlined. Started as Wycombe in league 1, for some reason Watford let me loan Pedro half way through the season which helped me win promotion. However I'm struggling in mid table now in my second Championship season, despite doing some good business picking up and flipping some players on frees. In particular, I'm constantly conceding goals from directly in front of the penalty box, but my players absolutely never score from there (or from set pieces for that matter). My strikers all have 13+ shooting, any ideas? I'm generally playing some sort of 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-2 pressing with mixed passes. I think mobile is on an older version of the desktop engine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

abuse culture. posted:

Mentals and physicals are more important than technicals outside of the very top tier of clubs. 13 is also kind of average for an attribute at the championship level. Don’t worry about midtable. Take your championship money and get better players for next year.

got fired halfway through season 2 in the championship - Everton (sitting at the bottom of the prem table) offered me a job though so going to try that.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Vegetable posted:

If anyone’s shopping for the mobile versions: The Netflix one is a real POS with awful UI and I didn’t bother with it for more than a few seconds. The Apple Arcade version is pretty full featured and you can play it on everything from iphone to ipad to mac. Looks great on my ipad. I imagine it’d run like butter on a modern mac.

That said the whole thing seems more or less identical to FM 2023 so far. Has classic dumb poo poo like not allowing you to use a non-preset value for installments above 50m.

Netflix one also crashes loads

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

eleven extra elephants posted:

I'm coming across as a shill ITT but it's incredibly easy (at least in my lower league save) to offload players now, especially with the intermediary option, almost too easy tbh.

I tried to get rid of someone but the board wouldn't let me release him as it would cost too much??

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Is there anywhere I can see which leagues have good player photo/team logo etc coverage, other than clicking around in-game? It'd be nice to find some alternative starting countries

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Thanks for the advice on the megapacks, got to wonder how many of the staff at SI play with them installed. Now I can start a career in Portugal and not be managing a sea of blank faces!

Through a mess up on my part I've ended up with a spare digital key that I can't refund (Europe only, idk if that includes UK) that should work (I haven't tested). If you don't already have a copy of fm24 but would like one dm me, a random requestor can have it on a pay it forwards basis.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

I started an Academia run in Portugal 3rd division (shortened to "ACAD" in the match banner!) it's a lot of fun. Your main striker is decent but also 36 years old, your good winger is also aging, good facilities for the league, and is relatively easy to hire Brazilians.

I got a loan though and I'm playing him every match as an inside forward at AMR, he's getting loads of goals, and his team came to complain I wasn't playing him in the centre? It's obviously working out great for him!

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

abuse culture. posted:

this already happens fyi

Can it happen in the Saudi league? Not sure they have a good option there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Here's a FM 2024 key (for the official website, not steam), I ended up with an extra one. It should work but no guarantees!
FM24E-XDPBW-CKJDW-86QXP

e: I think the code is taken

distortion park fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Jan 6, 2024