Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

joe football
Dec 22, 2012
I couldn't upgrade my training facilities and I'm pretty sure it's because my team didn't own their stadium. Then we built a new stadium, great news! But my training facilities are still listed as the old stadium and I still can't upgrade them:

Does this mean the now-biggest club in portugal is doomed to train at a shithole 2nd division stadium forever?

This is still FM 15

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joe football
Dec 22, 2012
For people waiting for a decent sale, green man gaming currently has FM 16 for $30 after their coupon code(XMAS20-PERGMG-SVINGS), which is the cheapest I've seen and the price I wait for every year before buying. Have yourself a subtly incrementally improved FM christmas

joe football
Dec 22, 2012

SI needs to make the egyptian league playable so I can try out the 'we have your family chained up in a cairo basement' contract clause

joe football
Dec 22, 2012
maybe FM 16 likes wingbacks a little too much, part #314531413

joe football
Dec 22, 2012

impressed that they managed to model uefa shakedowns

joe football
Dec 22, 2012
I'm in 2027 and the KNVB decided to stop scheduling the dutch cup. Is there any way to fix this or is the save just hosed?

joe football
Dec 22, 2012
Hard tackling is really good in this game, at least for my 2043 dutch superteam. I'd always set it to ease off or normal before and figured that with high closing down my team would still harry opponents into mistakes without getting tons of cards, but it never really seemed to work that way. Once I finally decided to trying get stuck in, suddenly my players were swarming opponents in midfield, winning the ball back and initiating counters off the press like I always dreamed they would. It seems like having higher tackling increases the amount of tackling they'll attempt, whereas I always figured it'd just increase the violence of the tackles they did attempt and who wants that. Against weak teams I now end up with like 60% possession and no shots on target against

Hard tackling: because they don't like it up em

As part of my hard man renaissance I made the 2043 CL final against Marseille and a 72 year old pep guardiola, and this beautiful goal happened with me being down 2-1 in extra time to send it to penalties(naturally keyed by a tackle): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lxiSkbyMOs
My gk went on to save 3 of 3 penalties in the shootout after saving 1 of 2 in normal time, still only a 7.3 rating :confused:

joe football
Dec 22, 2012

Investment banking in Holland is not very good

joe football
Dec 22, 2012

joshtothemaxx posted:

Question about team and league reputation. Is there a hard cap for some leagues? And how does this affect player value? I've won he MLS for a decade, and the concacaf champions league, and even the dumb international champions cup or whatever it's called, and still my players top out at $6.5m in value.

In my experience reputation does impact the sale price, but not to the extent of the displayed value. I just sold a 20 year old Brazilian international from a Croatian team for 40 million when he was listed at 6 million and when I was in Holland guys that would top out at 20 million could go for up to 100. Unless you're in a really high end league, I wouldn't pay too much attention to the listed value

joe football
Dec 22, 2012
I bought this like 6 months ago and just now got into playing it and holy crap does it feel like they obfuscated scouting specifically to target people like me who routinely scour the globe for thousands of prospects and would probably be better off using a third party scout cheat

I can see why they did it but not sure I can enjoy this

joe football fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Jul 17, 2018

joe football
Dec 22, 2012
Just got FM 20 in the humble bundle and my usual strategy of signing up ton of africa-based player isn't working because every player is uninterested in signing, usually saying this:

Even if they're some extremely low reputation player on $120 a week. I'm playing in Poland. It reminded me of a few editions ago when I couldn't sign any africa-based players playing in Germany and it turned out it was due to some sort of database setting making them universally uninterested. So I tried loading up a game in Spain and Germany(Barcelona and Dortmund) and had no problem. Then I tried loading up Legia(most prestigious team in Poland to start the game) and got the same thing, nobody interested.

So does anyone have any idea if this is linked to 1) the prestige of the team, 2) the prestige of the league or 3) it's hard coded into a database that no club based in Poland will be able to to sign a player based in Africa?

joe football fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Jun 24, 2020

joe football
Dec 22, 2012
Mystery solved, thanks. Yeah that does kind of suck, African players are usually have such low transfer fees and plus it's just fun to stick as many non-european nationalities on your club as possible. I guess there had to be a catch to Poland's really lax registration rules. Hadn't even tried to sign anyone from Asia yet, though did loan Hiroki Abe to lead me to my first top division title

joe football
Dec 22, 2012
Tall wingers seem really good in this game

A typical goal highlight is the winger(4-3-3) on the right putting in a cross to this guy standing stationary at the far post and him bopping it into the net over a tiny polish fullback. It really goofy. Sadly I couldn't get him to give up his release clause so he's off to a legitimate league next year

joe football
Dec 22, 2012
Couple neat things from my save:

Reserve team made it to Polish cup final, including beating the senior team in the semis

An actual world class or nearly there player from New Zealand, no second nationality or anything

Also, the match engine is poo poo

joe football
Dec 22, 2012
Just getting into 21 after the steam sale, is it me or the individual statistics kind of messed up this year? The 'dribbles' seem way off what they were from last version or any real life measurement and the individual ratings seem to be in a really narrow band on my teams, possibly related to the former thing. Like strikers with 30+ goals on me team are right around 7 like everyone else on the team

joe football fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Jul 13, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joe football
Dec 22, 2012
Double post whoops