Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shazback
Jan 26, 2013

Green Eyed Loco-Man posted:

Maritimo is the traditionally bigger side on the Island, probably not enough interest for two teams?

Nacional is the second club in Madeira. Union is the third, which is actually pretty good for a 250k population island.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shazback
Jan 26, 2013
I must be thick, but the "Rules" aren't helping me much :

"
Vanarama National League :
Loan Rules :
Maximum of four domestic-based players allowed on long-term loans from the same club in a season
Maximum of two domestic-based players over 23 allowed on long-term loans from a team in a season
Domestic-based players are allowed to go on short term loan to the same club for a maximum of 3 months during the season
Emergency goalkeepers can be signed at any time during the season
Long-term loans must end in a valid transfer window for players in this divisision
"

Is the difference between club and team supposed to be meaningful?
How many players can I have on loan in total (is it on a match-per-match basis, or is it like a quota, or can I just play with loanees all season)?

The rules are (more or less) understandable, but they seem to leave out the most important rule.
A quick look at the real rules shows that I can :
- have a maximum of 5 loanees in the team sheet,
- loanees must come from teams that are part of the English FA structure,
- at most 5 loanees during the season can come from the same club, the 5th (in order of signing) must be a youth loanee who is under 21,
- at most there can be 12 registered short-term loanees during the season, and not more than 2 at the same time can come from the same club,
- at most there can be 8 registered long-term loanees during the season, 4 over 23 and 4 under 23, and not more than 2 can come from the same club,

There's some more stuff about what exactly a short-term loan is, a long-term loan is, a youth loan, an emergency loan, a work experience loan (??) and they cover the last 3 points in the FM rules pretty much in spirit (not quite exactly, but I don't care).

Now, I can see that this might be a bit annoying to code/implement, but I'd really like to know if it's worth signing more loanees or not, and what restrictions exist on playing them.

Shazback
Jan 26, 2013
If they do that maybe they could also make it more obvious what "reluctant"/"cautious"/"aggressive"/"passionate" means.

[Passionate] "I'm bringing you on for the last five minutes in a 3-0 win, just don't mess everything up."

Shazback
Jan 26, 2013
Meh, each new version comes out, and each time it's pretty much the same problems for LLM...

I'm playing in the Northern Irish leagues (loaded up all the UK leagues & a small DB to get a feel for the game), and the number of players that are at the top of this league that have retired young is just too high. The league's "best player" (runner up the previous season) retired aged 22 to become an assistant manager (still unemployed), whilst a player who was 2nd and 3rd best young player in consecutive years decided to stop aged 20...

I get that players who aren't paid at all might retire young so they can pursue a career, and even in some cases that players who are paid very little might make the same choice. But given how under-funded the league is, my best guess is that anyone playing after 22 is in it more for the sport than the cash, since it's obvious that unless they make the jump to the professional leagues by then they'll never make a huge salary.

The problem is that a lot of players seem to receive a hidden boost to their wage demands as their reputation grows, which clubs in Northern Ireland aren't ready to pay. So they become free agents. Yet as they're not great footballers the only levels they'd be comfortable playing at (Conference national-ish for all but the very best) only wants to give them part time contracts, which they turn down because it would be too expensive to move for anything less than a full time contract.

In the real world, either these players would take the dive and move to somewhere they can play at a higher level, even if it's only part time, or they would accept the wages they're offered by top Northern Irish clubs, and definitely not remain unemployed for six months then retire.

For a LLM game this kind of breaks the illusion of a "realistic" world, which is a pity. This issue has been in FM for donkey's years, and I can't imagine it's hard to code a solution into the game.

Shazback
Jan 26, 2013

sassassin posted:

It means he won't close down unless he just happens to be near the man with the ball. Its a defensive attribute.

Getting involved in play generally is - perversely - Aggression. There is grey area overlap between the two because the coders sing from their own inconsistent hymn sheets, but the official definition of Work Rate is that it's the Pressing attribute.

This is some real bullshit because of how counterintuitive it is.

Shazback
Jan 26, 2013
Trading everything but your first draft pick for international spots is the way to go. Line up 9 Mexican and South American players each game, turn the league into easy mode. Also, keep an eye out for players that are signed to low wage contracts then put on the waivers. Sometimes you can get pretty great players this way. I'm also a big fan of selling my best players every other season or so in order to keep my wage under control. It's annoying because, well, that 21 year old Venezuelan is great (for the MLS), and 200 000 £ is way too low, but for the wages he wants you can take on three or four 19 year olds that can be just as good.

IMO. Sassasin probably has a better way of dominating the MLS.

Shazback
Jan 26, 2013
>Cautiously : No comment.
>Listens passionately.

Shazback
Jan 26, 2013

kingturnip posted:

Player falls over in training and gets a blood clot. Out for 5 months.

I didn't know you could hire Arsenal's medical team.

Shazback
Jan 26, 2013

jyrka posted:

:lol:

Rather than working on the game, they've programmed their lovely little liberal pet issues into it.

No, it's probably more due to the question of programming in all the calendar changes that would be needed for November-January world cup. I think it's been moved in all the games I've played and rescheduled to June-July.

Shazback
Jan 26, 2013
And a second one that can't ever be ticked to not fight.

Shazback
Jan 26, 2013
Unwanted/development/target lists are completely useless in LLM play.

The development list isn't too bad, except it'll often lead to useless low-level teams taking your players on loan for free.

The target list is ??? I don't know? You can almost never find a target with the "recommend target", and when you have a player in your sights it's always financially worse than just going into negotiations yourself.

But the unwanted list is the worst offender. You just get a message the next day saying "your asking price is too high, lower the price to attract more offers" and that's it. Unless you put the price ridiculously low/free, it doesn't do anything.

In some games I want to play with a DoF setup since it's just too boring to scour through mid-league (for LLM) talent for almost no payoff, and it's always annoying to be reminded that having a DoF in FM is just wasting money. I'm pretty sure the Youth Development guy is the same, but I guess he might have some hidden role in generating better youth players. The DoF though doesn't do anything of note. He can't even take a list of positions you need better players in/players you want to sell and work on it decently over a few weeks/months, and come back to check with you how he's progressing.

It's almost as annoying as scouts where you send them to follow the FA Cup (or similar) and unless you set parameters for the competition you'll get them fawning over a player that's worth more than your whole squad : "Sign at any price!"... In the 3rd division.

Shazback
Jan 26, 2013
Sassasin, any idea if the Euro performances will be reflected in the player scores for FM17?

Or will it just be ignored so that England can be a perennial World Cup semi-finalist?

Shazback
Jan 26, 2013

Up Circle posted:

idk I mean there are some good players on englands team

they just loving suck as england

Sure, and the odd semi final every 5-6 tournaments would be fine. But even in games where you don't load the English leagues England get to the semis 1/2 the time and even win something like one in five tournaments.

For transfers, I find that of you're a famous/rich/recently successful club, selling clubs try to drive a very tough deal. Don't hesitate to negotiate, you can often work then down/up 30% versus their opening offer, sometimes more. Depending on how you're playing, don't hesitate to include worthless clauses to "trick" the AI. Future sale profit, friendly and international caps can make a young player a lot less expensive for you when you know you'll leave the club before him, and he'll never be good enough to be an international. Of course, if the AI also thinks the player won't be worth anything going forwards (old player) or never turn international, these clauses are worthless.

Player status at club doesn't seem to have much effect. Contact length does, though. Players in the transfer list can often be steals, but often at the price of huge contracts that actually weigh your finances down even more. Idk about mind games, never did anything for me.

Overall though, the AI in the transfer market is pretty poor. If a player is overpriced, I usually just forget about him, unless it's really top level players where you don't have the choice but to compete with Man C/Chelsea/PSG/Real Madrid... and overpay just to avoid your rivals growing even stronger.

Shazback
Jan 26, 2013
I pretty much just look for 3-4 stats per position (marking, tackling, heading for defenders, etc) + overall good physical + a few stats I like my whole team to be decent in (passing, decisions, work rate...) although like Sassassin has pointed out these skills are often misleading and badly implemented in the match engine this is more a question of faith than knowledge.

It's probably suboptimal, but it seems to work. Every now and then I also take a punt on a cheap lower league/foreign league player who has good stats even if I'm unconvinced from his skills. Half the time they're just flops, but the other half are players with good hidden attributes or who just "make it work" despite their skills being average.

Finding players though is just a question of routine rather than clever play. Scouts are pretty useless, but with the new 'ranges' of skill they say least serve a purpose now. Scout reports can sometimes be useful to find high/low hidden attributes, but that's something you do when you've already got a target...

For lower leagues, a decent technique is to look through clubs that are about 1-2 divisions higher and check out recently released players & expiring contracts. Any player that interested you gets a scout report, so that over the coming days you can refine your search before making offers, without dealing with shortlists.

But yeah, is just looking at plenty of players and training your eyes to follow a path and recognising patterns... which isn't exactly the most exciting part of the game.

Shazback
Jan 26, 2013
Delegating without the game doing stupid poo poo would be a dream.

For contracts, I just try to get a low wage & no loyalty bonus or minimum release, over at least 2-3 years. If the player wants a clause, I usually keep it in, but try to push the value in my favour. % increases end up being low, % decreases don't really matter because you'll be sacked, and minimum goals or team of the year or promotion package is fine (within 1-2 months of wage at most) since it usually won't be triggered.

I prefer to negotiate plenty of rounds & start pretty far from their opening offer, which occasionally leads to a player's agent having a fit; but those are the breaks I live with.

Shazback
Jan 26, 2013
Let your board/DOF/Chairman whoever deal with staff hires. Unless you're a power player or you're a sperg (ok, we're probably all spergs, playing Excel Manager 2016) the difference between a coach with 12 or 15 in Attacking doesn't do much, if anything.

You can decide who does the hiring and stuff in the Staff > Responsibilities menu.

If you really don't know which players are interested in your club, you can get the DOF/Chairman to buy players, and you just have the final "yes/no". Don't expect them to swamp you in new players though, since the game seems to think that it isn't allowed to make offers for more than 1 player at the same time.

Shazback
Jan 26, 2013

sassassin posted:

Do bonding tours of Thailand.

Leicester City fan spotted.

Shazback
Jan 26, 2013

Masonity posted:

It won them the league didn't it?

The manager was sacked though...

Shazback
Jan 26, 2013

sassassin posted:

In FM17 we're going to have to hire player liaisons, data analysts and sports scientists.

The board are disappointed by your social media strategy, and expect you to post 3 Twitter messages and gain 7 Facebook friends by the end of the month.

Shazback
Jan 26, 2013

8bitlawd posted:

Anyways I hope they add the brexit demolishing the value of the pound as a feature.

Another brilliant feature for future versions : take charge of your club's foreign exchange strategy! Hedge it all or mutualize it through a currency portfolio! Take part in analyst interviews to keep your debt rating as high as possible! In-match real-time trading!

Shazback
Jan 26, 2013
Still no news about fm17 features I see... Well, apart from the custom mascot tool

Shazback
Jan 26, 2013

beer_war posted:

1,000+ New Features

How many of them are in the manager customization tool?

Shazback
Jan 26, 2013

Walton Simons posted:

Should I loan them out or not? It's mostly League 2/non-league teams coming in for them.

Loans are pretty bad for player development. I only bother with loans for :
- players I don't want (and even then it's only a quick effort to keep them in the game)
- players who are 20 at most, are 3rd in my rotation at their position, and get "first team" or better offers from clubs at most two divisions below my club; and even then I weigh the trade off between getting some playing time and training in bad conditions

To be honest though, even with everything maxed out via editor magic you'll only really have two or three players that can be first team players for a Champions League level team each year if everything goes well, and usually you can spot them as soon as the"class" is generated. Everything else is just trash.

Shazback
Jan 26, 2013

Bogan Krkic posted:

On the subject of facepacks, I downloaded the massive gently caress-off megapack with 73 million players in it and still signed a couple of youth players without a picture, and it drove me nuts enough to google them, find a good pic and add it myself cos I don't want some blank-face weirdo banging them in
I always wonder why SI haven't got a flag in one of the .ini files that forces regen faces if there is not a player picture... I don't even care that names and ethnicity don't match up, it's just so much nicer to have a face pop up than that grey blob.

Shazback
Jan 26, 2013
Authentic LLM:
- 4 seasons into the game you finally have a balanced team
- after 10 matches you're hovering around the promotion spots
- a player that's not even great gets injured, but for some reason the rest of the team can't play without him
- halfway through the season you're back in the mid-table zone
- beat the top four clubs comfortably, lose to the bottom four
- squeeze into the playoff places with three matches to go
- players become bad again, but you manage to draw two and win the last match to secure the last playoff spot
- get beaten in the first playoff match by two goals despite having played better than the opponent in every way imaginable
- spend the summer watching your team decompose as your players leave and your chairman cuts the wage budget
- find some ok players to join your club on free transfers or loans
- chairman expects promotion
- five games into the new season you only have one win
- board ultimatum
- survive until end of season from the sack, but barely
- finish top half without challenging for promotion
- chairman increases budget and only expects mid-table finish
- spend three years rebuilding a squad
- start again from the top

Shazback
Jan 26, 2013

Mandalay posted:

To be fair, predicting the future is a tricky business.

Then they should have greater variability in the PA ranges. Give every club researcher the option to go between "sure" but narrow ranges and much broader ranges with high variability.

IRL Ngolo Kante turned out to be a great player, but if in the game he were a dud 90% of the time (but another player from a similar size club were great instead) I wouldn't mind.

Shazback
Jan 26, 2013

sassassin posted:

In theory the variability is supposed to come from trying to reach the assigned PA, as that's dependent on injuries, gametime, facilities, hidden personality attributes etc. It's assumed that most players won't reach their fullest potential in a given career game, falling short even in a moderately successful career, and if they do not staying there for very long.

In practice it doesn't feel quite that dynamic but there we go, the code is a mess and no one at the company can untangle it all any more.

I can definitely see how those factors will influence the game, but my point was more that club size/reputation forces researchers' hands. Sure, without any limitations, half the clubs in the game would have the next Messi on the U17 team, but a club in ligue 2 pretty much can't have genuine high potential players. I don't know how researchers are told when they are being too generous, but I doubt in 2013-14 when Caen were in Ligue 2 Kante could have been rated PA -8 or -9. If there was a broader rating group (120-180 PA), it would make the game more interesting by not always making the same group of players into top stars. One time Kante might get a PA of 178 (premiership material, if he can develop correctly), but in another he might only get 131, and not really be able to step up from Ligue 1, no matter how well trained.

Shazback
Jan 26, 2013
/shrug

I'm just kind of fine with my games being varied each time. Once you have played a couple games you start to notice which players tend to turn good and which ones are just scout bait. In LLM it's not too bad, but if you want to try Europa League level or something like a "win a CL with Hearts/Aberdeen" challenge it's just a bit too easy to end up looking at the same group of players that have high potential, decent stats, but are in a club where the AI deems them surplus...

I'd definitely not mind if the Czech guy Barca signed last game who ended up being Samuel Eto'o's reincarnation were just a journeyman lower league east European tap in merchant in this game, that's all.

Shazback
Jan 26, 2013
As one of the weirdos that gets involved in the stories of the players, I'm frustrated at how beyond the first 5-10 years careers seem to become haphazard, particularly for players in clubs the player managed but left.

For example a good USA regen playing in Mexican D2 that I brought to Columbus aged 20 progressed well and became a crucial part of three-peat MLS champion just vanished once I left the club. In the end he retired aged 28 with 35 caps, two MLS MVP wins, an award as best US player and best US youth (different seasons), and a career average of about a goal or an assist every two games, and in a whole bunch of club, league and country best 11/fan favorites etc. As far as I can tell he was just waivered by the manager after me to free up a designated player spot, and about six months later was automatically retired by the game, as nobody wanted to buy him.

If this were a one off or rare thing it could be a kind of fun quirk, a player at the top of his game who chose to retire for whatever reason. But sometimes it feels like these cases are too common, with players aged 25-31 retiring despite playing in the top division in high reputation countries as important members of good teams.

Any news if this will be improved in 2019?

Shazback
Jan 26, 2013
An addendum to this is that the notion of a "cycle" for teams is pretty much absent outside of the MLS.

Although things will change gradually over several years in the game, there is a very rigid hierarchy of clubs that you need to keep in mind mainly regarding financial strength and players' motivations.

At the top of this pyramid are the few mega-clubs with huge stadia, solid track records in the largest leagues and/or owners ready to inject funds liberally. There are probably less than ten or so of these clubs in the world, and unless you're managing one of them you should expect to lose almost each time against them, have player's heads turned extremely easily by their interest and only acquire players they are willing to part with. Real Madrid, Chelsea, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Juventus and so forth are at this level. Finishes below 3-4 is seen as very bad and will likely result in a sacking and significant changes in players between seasons.

Below this are the high reputation clubs of top European leagues. England, Spain, Italy, Germany and to a lesser extent France, Portugal, Russia and the Netherlands amongst others have clubs with lots of financial clout and a high enough profile to consistently field good squad, usually structured around a couple players that will end up attracting the interest of the higher tier. These clubs are more opportunistic sellers to the higher tier, and are well positioned to take bets on young talent, hoping to sell them off for a large profit and yet a few years of high performance in the hopes of reaching the apex long enough to kick one of the mega-clubs out. This is a larger group, but Tottenham, Porto, Borussia Dortmund and Zenit St Petersburg are likely in this group.

The last group I'll talk about are the clubs that only truly have one of either deep pockets, high reputation or league-winning potential. These clubs know that they can't get great players in their prime, so usually stick to doing their best to buy and sell young and old players in order to strengthen their main advantage, and perhaps become slowly part of the second tier. This is currently the top level for non-european clubs, and even then not many reach it. These clubs often need to manage their players's careers in a more opportunistic manner, being more prepared to sell youngsters before they ask for too much money and build a team from a roster that changes much faster as they pillage rivals's top players and throw in a few well known players running down their careers. Most clubs in this group are mid-table teams from European leagues (or repeat champions in poorer/lower reputation leagues), but top South American clubs are at this level too, as well as some cash-rich Chinese or Gulf state clubs.

As always, nobody agrees on this definition, and as you might be able to sense, the pyramid continues much deeper as one looks into lower division clubs or outside traditional football powerhouses. But this hierarchy is really important because it is fuelled by the 'open' league structure of most countries. Unlike American leagues, the threat of relegation for the lowest performers and the almost exponential rewards on offer to higher placed teams at the top of the table often means a team performing poorly is at risk of dropping down a tier, and losing their ability to muscle "lower" teams out of the way to sign the best players. Since there are no salary caps and revenues are not shared in such an even manner as cartel leagues, one bad year can lead to needing to sell top players to balance the books, which in turn weakens the team, and so forth in a death spiral (Leeds United is a recent example).

All this to say that no matter how good your older players are, prepare for when they'll leave, and don't be shy about pushing them out while you can still get something from the buyer and not end up holding the bag on an expensive but bad player. Similarly, even if you can see the great talent of youth in your squad, don't expect to be able to hold on to them and just wait out the 3-4 years they need to grow into a championship-winning side, since they'll likely be snapped up by someone who can pay far more then you at the worst possible time.

For all these reasons, I'd recommend starting in a club in the first/second tier in a league where they are expected to win easily as a good place to find out how the game works : Bayern Munich, Paris St Germain, Porto, Zenit... They don't have too much challenge at first, and give you the comfort of being able to make a few mistakes without being sacked or trapped in a losing/selling cycle that's not always the most fun.

Shazback
Jan 26, 2013
Also, the transfer value in game is strongly linked to the current contract the player has, in particular length and salary. Since the MLS has all weird kinds of rules and a salary cap, the AI considers that the contacts are "weak", so is prepared to pay less regardless of the team's, the league's and the player's reputation.

Also, even if you are crushing the MLS, the overall reputation on all three levels might not get very high for a whole number of reasons (as much as I have understood, which might be completely wrong):

• As you win the league each year, other team's reputation might be stuck at low levels, which in turns means you aren't winning reputation by winning against them
  • In continental competitions even if you win the tournament, poor results by other teams in your league can keep your league's reputation stagnant
  • Since player and club leagues are linked, if your league isn't bringing in players with high reputation and is selling rising reputation players, that will keep the club reputations low
  • Player reputation can be boosted by internationals, so if too few MLS players are internationals (or only for low reputation countries) that will prevent reputation growth
  • Wage and transfer offers might have an effect on reputation, and the MLS's cap and draft system is going to be a limiting factor in this regard

Shazback
Jan 26, 2013

Nice passing.

Shazback
Jan 26, 2013
It'll have 20,000 new features such as :
- improved search engine for in-game social feeds
- more accurate stretcher carrier animation
- player diet and nutrition section, on par with training
- manager marital status
- player personal branding, with a page per player and interactions based on conflicting sponsors with teammates or fan opinion

Shazback
Jan 26, 2013
There's some of that in lower league with skill ranges.

For your roleplay needs you can always just imagine it's a sort of average of all your scouts, and since actual on-pitch is both variable and affected by hidden stats it's never an accurate representation of the player's skill or "worth" for your team.

In this topic though sometimes the ranges are insulting, when a starter for a major club in the PL or similar top league has blank stats. Seriously, I could probably ask the players on my 3rd division team or watch youtube and have some kind of idea of if it's a strength, something he's average at or a flaw. Not super precise, but when a guy has played 9 full PL matches for Arsenal and my scouts don't even know if he can jump it's kind of bad.

Shazback
Jan 26, 2013

Dallan Invictus posted:

medical changes

If they have done something with medical, I really, really hope it's less stupid than what is currently in the game, where the Physio of a Premier League club asks the Manager to decide if a £600 specialist treatment to save a month of injury for your key player is worth it.

I can understand a non-league club making a decision for £600 because that's pretty much the whole team's clean sheet bonus/match fee, but at a PL club it just feels ridiculous.

Shazback
Jan 26, 2013

mark-p87 posted:

The best part of that video is the guy from Creative Assembly talking about the massively improved stadiums and 3D match engine, while a monitor behind him shows a rotating view of an atmospheric floodlit foggy stadium like something out of a modern day Total War. Then at the end of the video the brief clip looks just as poo poo as ever.

Listen mate, you'll come to love the graceful motion capture of our Lord and Saviour Miles. In his infinite wisdom he crafted over 800 **unique** free-kick and corner taker preparation routines. There's the common "lift an arm in the air" or "place the ball six times in the same spot", but also ones mimicking Cristiano Ronaldo or Michael Owen so each free-kick or corner is something special you can savour.

Shazback
Jan 26, 2013

Shroud posted:

Saw on Reddit that Mezzalla is something like a central winger who occupies the half-space, and Segundo Volante is a CDM who is responsible for shuttling the ball up the field as well, requiring a lot stamina.

Man, I'd love to be a fly on the wall at the meeting where they decided on the new roles to add in FM18, just to see what didn't make the cut:

"What about a winger who never crosses the ball?"
"Hmm, or a defender who only passes the ball to the goalkeeper!"
"No guys, that's not good enough! We need more ideas like the central winger or the fifth version of a defensive central midfielder that is exactly the same in the match engine as the four we already have."
"Yeah, let's just add a foreign word to a defensive position and call it a day."

Shazback
Jan 26, 2013

Shroud posted:

I wish they'd just add a generic role for each position, and let us choose the instructions. Forwards really bug me. For example, I can't get a forward to hold the ball up, dribble less, and make less risky passes without using a target man, because I don't want the long ball mentality that goes with that role.

Or even, and I know this is strange, but have the roles be player characteristics. Some versatile players can play in several roles and several positions, but plenty of players only know one way of playing.

I'm not saying that players shouldn't be given instructions or that team shape and style isn't a choice the manager should have. But just that roles are how the player will evolve/perform within a tactic.

For example in a long ball, high intensity 4-5-1, the lone striker could play slightly differently depending on his preferred role. An archetypal target man would hang off the last defender and try to hold up the ball for the midfield to move up the pitch, while a pacy forward would try to knock the ball on and beat the offside trap. Perhaps some players would drift to the wing more often looking to pull the defence to one side and create space for a run down the middle, while others would stick to the centre of the pitch and try to slip between the central defenders or pull both of them to him. Some attackers might be at ease in such a system, while others wouldn't. A "fox in the box" might dislike how often he's involved in build-up play and how brief the periods of pressure on goal are, while a player that thrives on beating the last man to set up one-on-ones with the keeper would feel completely at home.

Edit: Under stress players with low composure could logically start to ignore team/position instructions and revert to their "natural" playing style, in the most extreme cases even drifting away from their pitch position to play in their ideal role/position (a CM asked to fill out in defence might lapse in concentration/lose composure and move too high up the pitch to attempt an interception or provide more attacking options, leaving an opponent free behind him).

Shazback fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Oct 11, 2017

Shazback
Jan 26, 2013

sebzilla posted:

Manage Rapid Vienna and only sign players with at least 17 in Pace and Acceleration.

Newell's old boys with only players 35 or over who were trained at the club.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shazback
Jan 26, 2013
Show us his stats, I want to know what the system sees that makes him an acceptable outfield player.