Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

Bitches ain't shit but genejacks & synths

Mandalay posted:

I plop my whole game folder into Dropbox. Backs up the save games, graphics, tactics, whatever, and lets me use it seamlessly across home and laptop.

Oh drat that's actually genius.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

Bogan Krkic posted:

It's 2024 and West Ham is the most reputable club in the world, after winning the quintuple of the Premier League, Champions League, Carabao Cup, Community Shield and the u18 league, all of which weirdly count as a legit first team trophy?????

Also I have an insanely bloated first team squad of 38 players, but I have used all of them so idk if it's really that bloated?

Be honest, are you using 3 strikers...If not, what're your tactical observations so deep into the game?

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

Bogan Krkic posted:

I had a player ask to leave because Barcelona were interested in him, I accepted and offered him out for sale, Barca never bid, so he got mad that he was on the transfer list and demanded that I not sell him, and now I've got a promise to not sell a player who wants to leave to a team that he wants to go to, that don't want him.

I mean you've just described Riyad Mahrez essentially so at least FM is being realistic in that sense.

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

so is fm19 gonna be good or not? i haven't kept up with any of the feature releases so no clue if this will be worth getting or not.

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

Masonity posted:

I've just had the most ridiculous regen ever appear...

He's insane. I need to get him in a mentoring group with some good guys urgently, but this kid is already good enough to sit on most benches. I'm going to have to play him from day 1 (regen day happens to be a match day, so literally!) and see if I can't get 20 seasons out of him.

If the game somehow plays a commentary clip saying "Remember the name, Tom Davinson." After he scores his first worldie then I'll buy the game.

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

I just wanna know if they've sorted out the injury bugs and the state of the match engine. Might just hold off until a sale really unless this is a massive step up from 18.

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

Are counters still broken and tiki taka dead? I just wanna know if Pep gets the sack after 2 seasons and Mourinho walks the league for 6 years as per FM18.

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

Given all the positive reviews on here and steam, i've cracked and bought it. Figured I'd share that it's 20% off on fanatical for another 10 days.

https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/football-manager-2019

Also came with FM 19 touch for free.

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

Gotta say seeing my team "overwhelmed from feedback" when were 1-0 up and I'm yelling encouragement while on the preseason tour is a new thing for sure.

Shouts and teamtalks as a whole seem more varied from fm18. What shouts have you guys been using?

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

If only there was a way to roll back to previous match engines...

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

kingturnip posted:

I just signed this kid for £5m. The game is fine...

Nice Memphis Depay reskin, it's a shame goals only come from midfield long shots though or he'd be a worldie.

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

But will I get a successful cross to a striker in a 1 on 1 who wont bottle the chance? And will my full backs still throw in directly to an opposing winger to start their break?

Alls I want is a better map engine, though yes it would be funny to have dt and troopz making AFTV posts about my squad and seeing banners of #OoohuOut in the stands.

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

Cant help but feel at times that Miles can slap on a few cosmetic changes and add some sub menus to a thing (training, youth development, "social media", next years prediction: agent interactions!) while letting the actual engine further degrade into poo poo because people will still lap it up all full price.

Dont get me wrong I've bought every FM since 2011, but I get the feeling the FM devs and miles in particular are very comfortable with rehashing the same busted engine with no real impetus to address it.

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

so is fm20 good y/n

gonna mess around with the free trial but i know i won't get to play enough to form a real opinion

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

Hoping at the end of the trial miles slashes the price, I'd buy it if that happens.

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

Will fm21 feature no crowds & reflect the big financial woes of this coming year of football I wonder... perhaps an event showing if Trump or Biden win the presidency and thus whether of not covid gets cured sooner or later worldwide.

Kinda like the Brexit events but pandemic style.

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

How do you beat teams packing the middle of the park with a 4-3-3 seems like my team just plays one twos between my inside forward & wing backs before sending in ineffectual crosses to my 5'8 forward who can do gently caress all with em.

I'm not sure if I should just give up possession in the hope of being able to play on the counter or if I need to completely adjust the formation & tactics or what.

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

So are we thinking FM21 is a big enough improvement over 20 to pick it up or is this one skip worthy? Steam reviews seem divided and unhelpful.

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

Well I just picked it up from https://sortitoutsi.net/ since I remembered I have a premium membership with them (which is about to expire so lucky timing) and right now they're running a special sale until March 1st, which combo'd with the premium membership discount means its... 44% off, so I've now got FM21 for only $30.

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

FM20's was the worst ME (nobody able to cross, strikers not able to finish, etc.) and they completely scrapped it... FM21's was the best since I've played (every FM since 2014) and FM22 can hopefully build off 21's to tune up some annoying things to perfect it all, like goals being disallowed by players not involved with play being offside... that said FM 21 is better in almost all other regards beyond the match engine as well imo so if you've not played in a few versions it's definitely the one to pickup.

FM22 is a wait and see affair, FM21 is a snap it up on sale affair.

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

sassassin posted:

I have no way of knowing obviously but imo FM22 is going to be pretty good.

If nothing else 3ATB is gonna have a bit of a renaissance with the WCB role added and everyone will be a Tuchel in his own heart.

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

JustJeff88 posted:

I honestly think that, in yearly sport franchises, people have to make changes for the sake of change in order to thinly justify people buying essentially the same sodding thing. That's true a lot of places, both in the games industry and just in general, but nowhere is it more blatant than in yearly sport franchises.

To that end the Libero will find its way back in the game under some other name in 2024 I reckon... but yeah a lot of the data stuff being teased in FM22 is already in the current game but it's not got as flashy of a UI as being teased in 22 and reaching that info involves lotsa clicking but yeah, you're right that the name of the game is repackaging things and making it seem improved.

I personally buy every FM on sale largely because the graphical updates or match engine stuff so I don't mind it too much. The thing i'm most excited for this year is the new 3d engine because i'm a sicko who occasionally watches a full match (like if i'm playing a CL final I'll get fully immersed) and given the last few games have essentially had the animations tied to the 2d engine the new one should result in a much silkier viewing experience.

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

sassassin posted:

FM22 is going to be light on new stuff because they've been devoting development resources to women's football.

That's... what? The 2d has been a clumsy overlay of the 3d for years. There is no "2d engine".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrb6oAEh2VE

They go into it here in the match engine portion of the video, that the previous engine animation was a 2d disc that restricted players to moving within that disc (same one that you see in the 2d overlay) and that lead to the foot sliding animation and what not that wasn't realistic... which is now gone and liberated for a new engine that allows actual touches and dribbles that should in theory look realer.

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

TitusGroen posted:

Oh drat, really? Will do!

Ya fm20 was one of the worst in recent memory, if not the worst.

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

Have any of you started up on the FM22 beta? If so, any positive/negative impressions so far?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

Wonder if FM23 will finally have Man Utd players rated like the poo poo they are IRL instead of always being a world class squad every FM game.

Edit: this come across as hostile but I just read a post on Ralf Ragnick planning to gut the squad and had to reflex post this.