Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
What's an LP?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

I see. Like our old Parmos thing. That does look like a lot of effort though.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

sassassin posted:

5* is relative to your squad, not everyone else's. Jozy Altidore would be a 5* player on a team of 12 year old girls.

Doesn't it say the star ratings are relative to your league when you hover your mouse over it?

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Where's the cheapest place to buy it?

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

That's at least pretty realistic, isn't it. Who's happy as a bench warmer in real life? Not many players. Unless compensated very well, footballers want to play.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

sassassin posted:

Coutinho will be 10 ca points higher than Mahrez.

:lol:

Why would they not change an obviously flawed system?

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

I had a full back with something like 8.5 average over a full season. He had ten times more key passes than the next best player in the league. Not sure if he mattered much in terms of the team's overall success though.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

sassassin posted:

Liverpool's squad is still going to be better than Leicester in FM17. What a joke.

Arsenal better than Spurs, too.

I think both of those are fair enough. :shrug:

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

sassassin posted:

Explain how Liverpool's players are better than Leicester's.

FM uses the top 16 players from each squad to calculate strength, and Pace/Acceleration are weighted much higher next year, so in CA-terms Vardy is going to be a monster.

So are they saying Liverpool's next season squad will be be better than Leicester's or their 16 best players from this year will be better in FM17?

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

What are SI basing their decision to make Liverpool's best players better than Leicester's best players on? Just something they thought?

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

:lol:

Rather than working on the game, they've programmed their lovely little liberal pet issues into it.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

nervana posted:

I too have some free time coming up, is it a good idea to buy FM16 now?

Sure, if you want to play it and have the time to do so.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Just started a new game in FM15 because why not. First thing that happened was my whole squad is pissed off because I removed a player who is not with the team anymore as the captain.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Unwanted List is the shittest feature ever. If I add, say, 15 players to it, the DoF will cycle through them one by one taking months rather than getting to them all at the same time, which is what would happen in reality.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

4-2-3-1 with 3 attacking midfielders is pretty much the 'standard' formation in real life. :shrug:

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

im gay posted:

When I start a new game, do I need to activate leagues I want to potentially buy/loan players from? Or could I just pick EPL and still get access to Spanish wonderkids and random dudes in Africa and such?

Yeah you don't need those leagues active. But it would be helpful to have a bigger database loaded.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Can't wait for more crap advice we already get from the rear end man and the coaches from the data analysts.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Mandalay posted:

Has anyone here played the NBA game and its career mode? I don't love basketball but a new sports simulator would be cool to take a break from FM.

What NBA game? I do love basketball. Did SI make a basketball sim?

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Do you lads reckon my coach who's been given extra time to get his qualifications will finally get it this time? Or ever?

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

I keep getting told that 3 of my U21 players are unhappy with the attention they're getting in tactics training - who do I need to hire or what box do I need to tick for someone else to take care of reserve team staff?

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

sassassin posted:

u21s use the same coaching settings as the first team (or do for clubs I play as).

Check coaching workload for tactics isn't heavy.

Nah I have everything on light. Whatever I just released everyone in the U18 and U21 teams. Problem solved.

Anyone else find it annoying that SI thinks player contracts have a promised squad status in them?

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Sure, complaining is normal but no one still has a squad status in their contract. In my experience there isn't even "an understanding" other than "if you play well you're going to get a lot of minutes, obviously, or why else would we sign you" except in obvious cases of signing an old back-up goalkeeper and the like.

Outside of top-top football, in real life some players are signed because they their dads are sponsors of the team. I know of a player who was signed to a club because his dad owned a chain of laundromats and then allowed the club to wash their stuff in there for free. This was a professional club that play in the EL regularly. Obviously not something that SI want to put in the game but it's a funny story.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Something SI might want to put in the game I just remembered was that a player who got benched for a match told the manager he should start because his InStat(a sort of a low-rent opta-type company) rating was the best in the team in the previous match.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Hmm, I requested my board to add more seats to the stadium, which they accepted. Then a bit later they decided to build a new stadium. Now, somehow, the new arena is due to be finished before the expansion of the current stadium. I wonder what's going to happen.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

lol political trash. Disgraceful.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Interesting that the Steam ratings for the game are now mostly negative. Maybe people have finally had enough?

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Dallan Invictus posted:

If you count "the game got review-bombed by a bunch of Chinese people who were angry about there being no official Chinese localisation" then sure, maybe.

All the top reviews are people reasonably moaning about the game though.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Adrianics posted:

Save scummed last night because I lost 1-0 and their goal was a full back back-passing too lightly, the goalkeeper dallying and a striker running uninvited to the ball. Basically gently caress losing because of some cheap match engine glitch.

I know that SI are absolutely insistent that there's no 'scripting' but what else are we supposed to think? I was on a five game unbeaten run and it felt a lot like the game going "no, gently caress you, it's time for you to lose so I'm going to pull some cheap arse gravy and make sure that happens". This has been a problem for as long as I can remember and I'm at a loss as to what else I'm supposed to get from poo poo like this.

Did you lose the match again then? If not, there isn't scripting, right?

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Jack2142 posted:

I figure this game is okay? All the negative reviews seem to be Chinese people shrieking like autists about miles being a liar. Everyone else seems to say its fine or are the Chinese right for once?

Sure, it's fine. It's the same it's always been essentially.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Slotducks posted:

Oh no.

I meant should I buy this game at 50% off?

Do you want to play it?