Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Velthice posted:

don't be stupid like me and use a 360 controller unless you never want to wall jump consistently ever again

i beat the game once with a 360 controller, never again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

rediscover posted:

I have a Super Metroid cartridge, so I just use my SNES controller to play it :D

me too now :D

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

rediscover posted:

congratulations on destroying phantoon with seemingly no problems at all, which is impressive.

yeah lol, hes probably the roughest boss in the game short of ridley with barely any health tanks

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Bolverkur posted:

if you have a wii you should buy it on the store and play it with a Nintendo Classic Controller or a Wii U Pro Controller if you have a Wii U

ive been waiting for zero mission on vc forever so i can replay it on a small screen but its only in europe and japan!! gently caress off nintendo!!

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Ralp posted:

I'm not a controller snob and this was in 2003 anyway and I didn't then nor now play enough emulated games to bother. I didn't even think anything of it, but like right after my Metroid friend and I beat Zero Mission (before it was even released :hehe:) he found out I had just used a keyboard for that and Fusion and Super Metroid, and he freaked out. "HOW do you even wall jump?" uh I just press the keys "Ok but how the hell do you do a speed jump though??" I... press the keys? (I know it's called a shinespark but I think that word is dumb)

it seems like a big pain in the rear end considering you'd be constantly holding a button to sprint

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Ralp posted:

It's no more difficult to hold down a key than a controller button, which is to say, neither is difficult at all. I think I do S sprint D jump F shoot

I don't want to argue this though! A game controller is better because it is an interface device designed for controlling games, and a keyboard was designed for typing words. How much better, is just personal preference I think.

im not trying to argue i was just curious. i cant wrap my mind around using a keyboard for games with really precise movement like 2d games because i cant handle it, theyre perfectly fine controls for me when its just an fps or something

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

i quit shovel knight like halfway through because none of my controllers worked except my 360 pad and the kb was giving me fits

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Action Tortoise posted:

the xbone controller has a much better dpad but their shoulder buttons are still messed up. those snes controllers with the iron man color scheme look really good.

ive thought about an xbox one controller because while the ps4 controller works fine for a lot of modern games they still have fuckin xbox prompts

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Bolverkur posted:

smh if you dont know the layout of every major controller by heart and get confused by prompts different than your controller

the xbox one and ps4 both have a black background with a blue x rear end in a top hat

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

a bunch of free metroid 2 remakes popped up for a bit hyping themselves up but none of them ever came out

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

my morning jackass posted:

I recently played through mp1 again and went to try 2 for the first time and didn't really enjoy it. It's good and all but after 1 it feels like a letdown. It just seems a lot more linear and the atmosphere isn't quite as good. Also I feel it looks worse in many ways from a design point of view

i played 2 on the wii collection and got like halfway through until i realized that on the wii version normal is actually easy and i got really mad and quirt playing it. i'd been wondering why it was so easy too after everyone said it was hard

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Bobnumerotres posted:

very few games hold a candle 2 the holy grail of gaming that is MP1. MP2 is good but full of weird poo poo like dumbass backtracking segments, and while the music is really good the areas are devoid of life or anything interesting until like the last 30% of the game when you get to the ghost in the shell cyberpunk city

metroid prime 3 just loving nags you constantly with story and tutorial poo poo, and also has a pretty bizarre backtracking quest

i liked the cyberpunk place in 3

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

i like this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuPJm2XQT0A

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Bobnumerotres posted:

he still refers to it as "el juego con las chochas que vuelan" (the game with the flying pussies, in reference to metroids)

i have a shirt with a metroid on it and my mom asked if i had a pussy on my shirt when she saw it

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Bobby The Rookie posted:

Metroid Prime was so loving cool. Why hasn't anyone tried to do another first person metroidvania since then.

So good.

it seems like nintendo is aware people want another prime. i want another 2d metroid though.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

In Training posted:

Fusion is fun to move around in but that game is not really fun to progress in, sadly.

i was really mad because i was waiting until i got everything to go exploring and find items only to have everything locked off once i got the screw attack and was ready to explore

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

he tries to push you into a spiky wall

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

In Training posted:

lol. I've watched that 3 times because my roommates and I made a drinking game out of it

what was the game

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

As a Millennial I posted:

today is metroid prime's thirteenth birthday.

jesus christ it really did come out 13 years ago

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Tender Bender posted:

I think you can play every Metroid game on a Wii U so godspeed gamer.

you cant play zero mission in america because nintendo are assholes.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

i will only replay zero mission when i can do it on a comfortably tiny screen.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Evil Eagle posted:

You also get less missiles and super missiles.

It's getting hard to wait for the wii u version, I might just play it today.

be strong with me. i felt like this a few months ago when it came out in europe.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

farsel posted:

I've played through Zero Mission twice since it has come out on the Wii U here.

gently caress you fartsmell

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

i got it on psn+ but wasnt much of a fan really

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

In Training posted:

It's completely pointless except for a cool unintentional bug where you shoot a charge beam at the final boss and then spam XRay button which keep pausing and unpausing the game state and your charge beam will never go away and it will keep hitting the boss so you can kill it in one shot

you can use the xray scope to glitch through the statue floor into tourian too. i dunno how it works but i watched a guy do it for like ten minutes with samus going further down the screen each time he activated it

• Locked thread