Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

That Works posted:

I remember when we still had Delhomme and he came in for Aaron Brooks midway through a game against Atlanta and pantsed them. Pretty much won him a starting job with another team after that night.

Wait... maybe it was against the Cowboys. Long time ago now.
It was against the Bucs in 2002. The Saints were the only team in the division that year to sweep them.

I have no idea why I remember that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

DO YALL WANT A HAM posted:

It was against the Bucs in 2002. The Saints were the only team in the division that year to sweep them.

I have no idea why I remember that

Ahhh yeah, I think you're right. That was back when beating the bucs was a pretty big deal. I remember thinking no way we are supposed to win this poo poo and he smoked em.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

he had two very bad games that year against Oakland and Detroit, but the Panthers were able to grit them out because they were oakland and detroit. The signs were there.

It wasn't until the next season against the Eagles that I was really like "oh poo poo it's over"

I watched all those games ie the hate against delhomme.

Honestly I like the guy and all he did for us but the last few years he was mega bad

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Jake Delhomme hitting Steve Smith in the first play of double OT burned into my memory forever.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Ostentatious posted:

People have been saying that for years but the Giants pull out inexplicable Super Bowl wins out of their asses every four to five years to keep everyone employed

Once Tom Coughlin retires the entire team is imploding with him in a rebuild.

The Giants are a really well run org and have always had decent luck with coaches. Ray Handley was the one big mistake and he didn't last long.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
It's gonna be panthers vs patriots again this year.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS
It's amazing how the 49ers season has turned into an even bigger dumpster fire than their off-season.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Qwijib0 posted:

the second-most fun I've had watching a game of football.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGUlzlOeYTk&t=7s

My favorite Cardinals moment is still "NOOOOOOOOO! .......The Cardinals have knocked the Vikings out of the playoffs!"

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

It's so beautiful. :swoon:

The Manziel Comedy Hour is back!

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Joey Freshwater posted:

Even in the situation the Bucs were in last year where they clearly tanked the final game against the Saints after having a lead? I wouldn't say I was actively rooting but it was more of a "what the gently caress are you idiots doing" and then just laughing to my self watching them pull starters. It was all such a clusterfuck.

I was at this home game. The entire stadium booed when the bucs scored and almost blew it in the 4th

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Johnny was fine the last time he played. Hopefully he didn't stop trying again just because he didn't keep the job.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

I remember in 2010 the Bengals were leading a last minute comeback drive against the Ravens in week 17 where they needed a touchdown to win. They got to 1st and goal and then ran 3 trash plays followed by Carson Palmer sailing the ball 8 feet over the head of a wide open running back in the flat on 4th down. I still get pissed off when I think about that even though it let us draft AJ Green

Not me. I want my team losing out once respectability is off the table.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

NC-17 posted:

Johnny was fine the last time he played. Hopefully he didn't stop trying again just because he didn't keep the job.

He has to know that McCown isn't a long-term solution, right? He should be fighting to get a chance, because the team already has so much invested in him.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

#bowmanning

:(

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Spoeank posted:

#bowmanning

I never understood the similarities of these two gifs until just now.

AbsolutelySane
Jul 2, 2012

DariusLikewise posted:

Jake Delhomme hitting Steve Smith in the first play of double OT burned into my memory forever.

Mine, too, but for the opposite reason.

Magnus Gallant posted:

I watched all those games ie the hate against delhomme.

Honestly I like the guy and all he did for us but the last few years he was mega bad

It's like people forget that he had the shoulder injury and surgery. He obviously wasn't the same after Tommy John got him. I mean, he was always a middling QB, but he played above his talent level for a number of years with Carolina and had some pretty stellar playoff performances before the big meltdown. It was loving obvious that he was done during the 2008 season. Still, I can't hate Jake Delhomme, the man bled Carolina Blue even though he was a cajun and gave the franchise some pretty drat good moments. gently caress anyone that says otherwise.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Spoeank posted:

#bowmanning

Go play for somebody cool, Bowman :(

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

Eifert Posting posted:

Not me. I want my team losing out once respectability is off the table.

I used to feel this way about the niners until I realized that Trent Baalke's just going to trade his first for eight sixths and then use them all to draft injured defensive lineman anyway.

Trenchcoat
Oct 15, 2012

Spoeank posted:

#bowmanning

Ugh. He's amazing and those moments were heartbreaking.

9ers might be able to compete while he's still great. He's only 27, and perrenial all-pro LBs can be effective into their 30s.

Gotta hit on 3 drafts in a row to be relevant though. And not to mention the search for competent coaching.

Hopefully Gabbert can be our Curtis Painter and lead us to Paxton Lynch.

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

Trenchcoat posted:

Ugh. He's amazing and those moments were heartbreaking.

9ers might be able to compete while he's still great. He's only 27, and perrenial all-pro LBs can be effective into their 30s.

Gotta hit on 3 drafts in a row to be relevant though. And not to mention the search for competent coaching.

Hopefully Gabbert can be our Curtis Painter and lead us to Paxton Lynch.

He's not nearly as good as he was before the injury. Maybe he'll get back there, but I can't imagine any miraculous recoveries in this environment. What the hell would be motivating him?

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
Yesss Jacoby Jones cut.

Come on, McCoy next... Make my dreams come true

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Glass of Milk posted:

Yesss Jacoby Jones cut.

Come on, McCoy next... Make my dreams come true

lol at the Spanoses firing a coach before his contract is up

Also McCoy isn't the problem

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

"Aw man, I missed NFC South chat!"

Saints-Falcons always seems to get overlooked when NFL rivalries are discussed. It's just as much fun rooting for Atlanta to lose in an embarrassing fashion as it is rooting for the Saints to win.

And Jake should've gotten the job over Brooks when Brooks was hurt, but Haslett :argh:

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Is there a concise explanation of how the Niners went from two straight conference championship games and a super bowl to this in such a short time?

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Zwabu posted:

Is there a concise explanation of how the Niners went from two straight conference championship games and a super bowl to this in such a short time?

Two words : Jed York

e: besides being pithy, it looks like a lot of their problems come from roster turnover plus Kaep regressing even more. A better coach probably could have stemmed the bleeding so that they were merely mediocre instead of outright disastrous, but someone had to throw a fit and run a good coach out and replace him with a real life Carl caricature.

Freaquency fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Nov 4, 2015

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Intruder posted:

What if I'd rather have a good QB and a team that can compete for several years instead of being bounced from the playoffs by 30+ and then going back to the basement?

the answer is always go to the playoffs bc bullshit magic can happen like in 2005 when the steelers beat the broncos on the road and magically won against the best team peyton manning ever had (until this year, i guess), and won a superbowl or the 2012 ravens that also beat peyton's best team at home, housed the patriots in foxboro, and won the harbowl. playoffs is always the answer my dude

Trenchcoat
Oct 15, 2012

Zwabu posted:

Petulant billionaire manbaby family heir was given an expensive toy to wreck. Unfortunately for 9ers fans, it wasn't a Lambo.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Zwabu posted:

Imagine that the Harbaugh firing is the yellow domino on top.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIHJTiMFe34&t=32s

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Zwabu posted:

They saw how the Marlins cleaned house like 15 hears ago and won the World Series and thought it would be a good idea.

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine

Ross Angeles posted:

lol at the Spanoses firing a coach before his contract is up

Also McCoy isn't the problem

He is, really. Time management, personnel decisions like keeping Jacoby Jones in the game and punishing Gordon then denying doing so, running out the clock in the first half of a game you're losing.. The list goes on.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

The most serious problem for the Chargers seems to be that they are all dead, currently.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Glass of Milk posted:

He is, really. Time management, personnel decisions like keeping Jacoby Jones in the game and punishing Gordon then denying doing so, running out the clock in the first half of a game you're losing.. The list goes on.

The problem is personnel, offensive playcalling, and injuries. You can't blame anyone for injuries, Frank Reich is the playcaller, and the personnel problems are at Tom Telesco's feet.

McCoy has his issues as well, like time management (what loving head coach doesn't have time management issues, seriously) and his reluctance to take playcalling duties away from Frank Reich. McCoy's issues are relatively minor when you realize that the team just does not have the talent right now outside of the QB position to compete.

a neat cape fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Nov 4, 2015

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Ross Angeles posted:

McCoy has his issues as well, like time management (what loving head coach doesn't have time management issues, seriously)
Marvin Lewis delegates his lovely clock management to his QBs. Both Dalton and Palmer get delay of games and take stupid time outs.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Panthers Patriots superbowl would be the best outcome for everyone. Panthers are strong enough at CB and Linebacker to hinder their offense and Cam Newton is enough of an X-factor to get around Bill's cheating ways of stealing practice tapes.

AbsolutelySane posted:

Mine, too, but for the opposite reason.

It's like people forget that he had the shoulder injury and surgery. He obviously wasn't the same after Tommy John got him. I mean, he was always a middling QB, but he played above his talent level for a number of years with Carolina and had some pretty stellar playoff performances before the big meltdown. It was loving obvious that he was done during the 2008 season. Still, I can't hate Jake Delhomme, the man bled Carolina Blue even though he was a cajun and gave the franchise some pretty drat good moments. gently caress anyone that says otherwise.

He was a shittier Brett Favre. wasn't always pretty, was at times heart breaking but when he was on, man was he on.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

can't wait 2 see this again on thursday!!!

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Looks like my ability to determine if a receiver is open in Madden.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

should be a taunting penalty, imo

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

He literally stopped doing the money taunt just because from preseason to the end of his first season all people did was own him then do the taunt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Ross Angeles posted:

should be a taunting penalty, imo

It was and it was absolutely worth it

• Locked thread