Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lil Cunty

picture this: the lights are down low. the house is spotless. candles are lit, they're vanilla and fig and they fill the room with an exotic promise. prince's joy in repetition is playing on the stereo. your legs are freshly shaven and youre wearing your most flattering nightwear, the silky flowy one that hides your weird back fat. you pour a glass of red wine and shove your arm elbow deep into a freshly made from scratch cheesecake (the traditional Betty Crocker Cookbook recipe because it's the best). this is your time and you've earned it

got an opinion about ketchup, bagels, or the Betty Crocker Cookbook cheesecake recipe? throw a goddamn fit itt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam

ketchup is bad, to me

alnilam

idk why but even the smell of it will make me lose my appetite

Lil Cunty

here's an opinion: fresh sage tastes like thanksgiving and happy families, powdered dry sage tastes like basements and depression

ty crap

ty landy

alnilam

for some reason nobody wants to believe me and they try to, like, catch me in a lie or something :confused:

"Do you like marinara? You do? Well A-HA wise guy, they're the same thing, you're obviously lying about ketchup. Check and mate" <-- a more or less real conversation that has happened way too many times

Lil Cunty

alnilam posted:

idk why but even the smell of it will make me lose my appetite

that's me and maple. if I smell maple (syrup, bars, w/e) on an empty stomach I puke

you should see my trying to navigate an ihop with a hangover it isn't pretty

ty crap

ty landy

Lil Cunty

alnilam posted:

for some reason nobody wants to believe me and they try to, like, catch me in a lie or something :confused:

"Do you like marinara? You do? Well A-HA wise guy, they're the same thing, you're obviously lying about ketchup. Check and mate" <-- a more or less real conversation that has happened way too many times

"tomatoes are really good. vinegar is really good. spices are really good. sugar is really good. I'm going to make all these things horrible by mixing them together" -Thomas Ketchup, a real fucker

ty crap

ty landy

Wertjoe

So you don't like Betty Crocker Cheesecake?

joke_explainer

alnilam posted:

If you like marinara and vinegar, that's is basically ketchup...

I recommend just trying something non-heinz, preferably something fresh or artisan mixed with hot sauce.

Spanish Manlove

HAILGAYSATAN
eating a whole pumpkin pie by yourself is simultaneously a victory and a loss

Lil Cunty

Wertjoe posted:

So you don't like Betty Crocker Cheesecake?

the original Betty Crocker cheesecake recipe is known as the best home cheesecake recipe in the world

I would never speak a word against it

ty crap

ty landy

Wertjoe

Oh ok. I couldn't figure out the tone of the thread because of all the ketchup bashing going on.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

Yeah i really don't like ketchup. i like saying catsup though

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

i prefer banana ketchup to your american tomato-based one

Apparently I'm #1 Kotori fan

thank you matoi and vanisher for the sigs, lovely dad for the cool av

Piso Mojado

Lil Cunty posted:

the original Betty Crocker cheesecake recipe is known as the best home cheesecake recipe in the world

I would never speak a word against it

in my household we refer to the Betty Crocker Cookbook as the "better book"

Robot Made of Meat

I prefer food that doesn't require me to shave my legs.

The Goons with Spoons website has some tasty foods, including a very good cheesecake. Step-by-step instructions with lots of pictures makes it less scary. http://www.goonswithspoons.com/Welcome_to_Goons_With_Spoons

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Piso Mojado

Chill la Chill posted:

mods?

pogi

Chill la Chill posted:

same

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

I'm 40, but hear me out, ketchup is fine. it's not great. it might not even be good, but it's ok on fries. if you put ketchup on a hot dog, though, you're probably going to hell.

thank you for your time

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

if you can get them, get the squeeze packets, but I think they're only available back home. the exported glass ones result in bruises from trying to get them to expel the banana goodness.

Admiral_eX_laX

Historically Inaccurate

Chill la Chill posted:

filipino ketchups. ANG SARAP!

Piso Mojado

things that are good
- ketchup
- cheesecake

things that are bad
- banana ketchup
- being trolled on byob about banana ketchup

pogi

Just realized there is a Jollibee a few miles from my house. Fuckin' score.

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

pogi posted:

they're ok. I went to the one on the island, NYC, and in norfolk but they're not quite like it is back home. I wish the spaghetti was still banana-ketchup based. it's tomato based in the states. :( even though you go to any of them and only filipinos eat there anyway

Admiral_eX_laX

Historically Inaccurate

pogi posted:

i went to manila as a child to visit my mother's side of the family and they took me to Jollibee. I didn't like it at all.

Now that I have adult taste buds would I like it now? I would try it again.

Lil Cunty

Piso Mojado posted:

things that are good
- ketchup
- cheesecake

things that are bad
- banana ketchup
- being trolled on byob about banana ketchup

what is this banana ketchup

I love bananas

I want to try this

is it cute? is it yellow?

ty crap

ty landy

pogi

Actually I just remembered there's a home-cooked Filipino place down the street from me with a Bakla waiter (waitress?). It's pretty expensive, though, I easily spent 20 bucks for some lumpia and adobo.

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

i grew up on both tomato and banana ketchup, and mcd's and jollibee, and prefer the latter of both categories

they gave out plastic plates when you got a kid's meal - some sort of promotion. I still have mine from when I was 5.

Lil Cunty

banana is the finest slush ie flavor in the world

banana runts are the best runts

banana margaritas are mexicos gift to me (thank you Mexico)

ty crap

ty landy

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

Lil Cunty posted:

I love bananas

I want to try this

it's colored red and sweet. it's red cuz my mom says people didn't eat it when it was naturally yellow. same reason people didn't eat green colored ketchup from the 90s.

Admiral_eX_laX

Historically Inaccurate

Lil Cunty posted:

I love bananas

I want to try this

banana ketchup is a filipino invention born out of necessity during ww2 i think?

Banana ketchup or banana sauce is a popular Philippine condiment made from mashed banana, sugar, vinegar, and spices. Its natural color is brownish, but it is often dyed red to resemble tomato ketchup. Banana ketchup was made when there was a shortage of tomato ketchup during World War II, due to lack of tomatoes and a comparatively high production of bananas.[1][2]

Lil Cunty

I want it to be yellow! it's my favorite color

ty crap

ty landy

joke_explainer

Lil Cunty posted:

I love bananas

I want to try this

It's red and pretty much very similar to ketchup in flavor and application. There's a slight difference. Doesn't really taste like bananas at all. You learn the main purpose of ketchup is just being vinegary with a little balance. There's a place near my house called Fire on the Mountain that has banana ketchup, and good vegan/vegetarian options despite being a wing joint. Great with tostones.

Lil Cunty

guess I'll be making another trip down to Portland soon now

ty crap

ty landy

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

pogi posted:

Actually I just remembered there's a home-cooked Filipino place down the street from me with a Bakla waiter (waitress?). It's pretty expensive, though, I easily spent 20 bucks for some lumpia and adobo.

it's kind of a third gender. just don't call them bading.

pogi

Aww turns out the place by my house is called Inay's :3

Lil Cunty

how about using waiter for everyone? like actor or flight attendant

that seems best, to me

ty crap

ty landy

pogi

Yeah, that's probably the best practice.

Piso Mojado

Lil Cunty posted:

banana runts are the best runts

jesus christ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Cunty

opinion: don't put red wine in stroganoff, you fool!

ty crap

ty landy

• Locked thread