Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pram
Jun 10, 2001

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pram
Jun 10, 2001

pram
Jun 10, 2001

PleasureKevin posted:

is it like mongodb

no. it means like 'database server 3' and is probably some ancient mysql myisam smoldering garbage fire

pram
Jun 10, 2001

pleasureful

pram
Jun 10, 2001
no

pram
Jun 10, 2001

SO DEMANDING posted:

i can believe it

SA is a shambling mess of 15 years of amateur hacks built out of reinvented wheels, all fueled by stubborn ignorance and a refusal to believe there is any other way of doing things

uhh no offense but this is the worlds most advanced forum software idiot - loetaxxe

pram
Jun 10, 2001

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Space-Pope posted:

lmfao lowtax is literally begging for dollars because the alternative would involve making something that people find funny, and maybe renaming gbs to "purple monkey dishwasher" isn't going to cut it

i believe you'll find a curated, handcrafted collection of hilarious content on the something awful front page

pram
Jun 10, 2001

echinopsis posted:

who remembers when lowtax tried to make a real lovely fake Simpsons thing that was tragically unfunny to viral

or fauxtesting

I remember both of those. it was Bart the general. made by chef boyardee who went on to create the classic dilbert 2 and 3

and also, faux testing wasn't lowtaxes idea. he actually originally called it propesting, and some random goon coined the far more clever fauxtesting in the thread and lowtax had a gay baby meltdown about it lol

pram
Jun 10, 2001

PuTTY riot posted:

i thought fauxtest was the name they picked?

are you illiterate

pram
Jun 10, 2001

pram posted:

he actually originally called it propesting, and some random goon coined the far more clever fauxtesting

pram
Jun 10, 2001

echinopsis posted:

nice something awful almanac you've got their in your brain

i remember pretty much every event from 2002-2005 but nothing after that because the site was already poo poo by then

pram
Jun 10, 2001
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRzBVv2CSE0

pram
Jun 10, 2001
TAKE OFF EVERY ZIG

pram
Jun 10, 2001
no upgrade is possible. he has to start from scratch

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Symbolic Butt posted:

upgrading would be pretty much going from scratch

like lol if you think radium's additions would accept any upgrade peacefully in a sane way

no, radium's code is like a foreign object, a parasite keeping everything together in a very delicate house of cards

I didn't say to upgrade. I said to start from scratch, with any forum software. the TCO of that would be far lower than the probably half million dollars dumped into the development and upkeep of this pos. the real problem is this site requires a developer, and he can't afford it anymore. in addition he only trusts a small coterie of people with questionable experience and skill to make changes. he can't afford the next time the database shits the bed. and there's no one doing preventative maintenance.

pram
Jun 10, 2001
oh but hey maybe moving to teh cloud will fix it

pram
Jun 10, 2001

mishaq posted:

if "moving to the cloud" is just doing a p2v of all the forums servers, lmao

yes it's just a lift and shift lol

pram
Jun 10, 2001

maniacdevnull posted:

Sometime has stolen all of my trees!

trees of doom

pram
Jun 10, 2001
lol

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Database Unavailable!
The database is currently not available. You can try doing whatever it is you were trying to do again later. You do not need to notify anyone of your arrival at this page.

Dear Friend,

Hello! I am very sorry that you are reading this page right now instead of posting hilarious comedy on the internet. I'm sure this issue will resolve itself soon.
Thanks,

SA Support Robot

pram
Jun 10, 2001
four nissan gtrs

pram
Jun 10, 2001
you guys are creepy, bitter, weird btw *rattles donation jar in your face*

pram
Jun 10, 2001

As a Millennial I posted:

and space pope really needs to learn to let go of a grudge

that or come back with a new name that isn't linked to bdsm collars

lol

pram
Jun 10, 2001
space kimchi isn't even banned

pram
Jun 10, 2001
ironic

pram
Jun 10, 2001
velayrd did you try out my site laddy

pram
Jun 10, 2001
yes please set up a direct deposit from your paycheck to lowtax. pm him for routing details

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pram
Jun 10, 2001
thats our space pope <:razz:>

• Locked thread