Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

It's not Colin McRae but the the original 555 Imprezas left a lasting lust for Subarus. Not hard to understand as the 555 Imprezas were the most spectacular cars either side of ten years - the noise was stunning, the way they danced, the acrobatics.... and it was basically a car you could buy. So yes, I would love to do a 555 clone.

Also own a 22B. There's two cars I've always wanted to drive - the first is a 22B and the second is a F40. Let me tell you, the 22B absolutely 100% lives up to it's reputation. It's a stunning drivers car, it's fast and of course it looks mean as gently caress. I still want to drive an F40. But I can aspire to a 22B.

In the meantime, fixing unloved Subarus sounds like a good money pit to me

One of the guys who has the Mazda dealership in Medlow Bath got a 22B recently, I hadn't thought about those in years until he pulled up outside my work and I instantly recognised it. Such a cool cool car

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
I might have a lead on another Forester for you...

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
I'll get the full details but IIRC it's a 2003, auto 215,XXX km. Head gaskets just started leaking. Rego/CTP until March. Based in Wentworth Falls. I think he wants $2500, negotiable. If you're interested I'll get full details for you.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
Sadly no

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
It's days like this I'm glad I don't have to do that run frequently. Last night my little Corolla powered all the way up to Katoomba with the air con blasting and the temp gage didn't move. Wish there was a bit more movement in the air tonight, it's fuckin' roasting inside

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
This may explain why our work Hiace keeps on keepin' on. 1.3 million k's and counting (this is a low estimate). So many Larry's running across the windscreen. We also have given up on clearing out the webs from where the windscreen meets the dash, live and let live right? Protip: if you want a Hiace to handle better in the wet, put a pallet of Coopers Green in the back. loving glued to the road. Have not tried with Red.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
A mate had a Prelude with a wind deflector when we were in high school. Cut down on the air noise so well you could hear how hosed the bushings were in the back every time you went round a corner.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
oooohhh I was just looking at taking some time off in November. Do I need any actual skills or experience or is owning a BBQ that fits in a Corolla enough?

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Full 3" with twin tip muffler, centre resonator. So... what does it sound like now?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R377_Go4dC0

Really Rally drat good!

I'm keen as mustard to head along to Coffs Harbour. Let me have a look at taking some days off. Can you be a little more specific about arrangements? Like I have a great tent, love camping and would happily be there to turn snags and bacon and do whatever is asked of me

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
you gotta stop buying your Subarus from that old indian burial ground mister

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
are those things CVT only? I'm guessing it's not as awful as I've heard given you've spent money on one.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

My God I couldnt make this up. The STRUT snapped on the Liberty

From the sublime to the ridiculous...

Levorg sounds great, I did wonder why I've been seeing more than a few driving around. I always pegged it as an enthusiast car with a massive fatal flaw but sounds like they found a way around that.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
lets see...

huge gently caress off roo bar, always on LED light bar, never used thule roof pod aaaannnd maybe some sick tintz

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
was the PO named Jeb? :jeb:

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
well as I recall you don't drink so I guess no need for

6 * chilly bins eskys full of beer

I'm gutted that my life got busy because I would have loved to come along for a day or two to get in the way. Also I have a nice torch/area light.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
Best of luck in the event! Hope you end up with a broken sunvisor and nothing else. Good AISS gift that.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Yellow peril (I *really* need to get a better name for that car) - seems I also have a earth leak somewhere (I think the sunroof)

Custard Tart?

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Easy ticket cash and also easy to get one back at anyone that "disrespects" them. Or isn't middle aged and white. Or just in general a pack of assholes. The rule is thta you can not touch anything that effect emissions so they got you over a barrell if you do anything like intake or.... actually I have NFI why whooshy valves are such a bug up their rear end. They really don't change much in relation to emissions.....?

The emissions thing boggles my mind because there is no emissions testing AFAIK. Target they guy with a pod filter but don't worry about the smoky dual cab diesel.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

The ONLY time you get emissions tested is to remove a defect or to get engineered. Otherwise no testing at all.

I cant remember ever seeing or hearing about a bro-truck being canaried but loving WOE TO YOU if you have a Skyline / S15 / WRX with a handful of small mods. And the number of shitbox crossovers that have hosed tyres...... no wonder the cops are looked on with such disgust by the car community. Stop wasting time on guys who like modding and go deal with actual dangerous poo poo like the tippers with dog trailers that keep on falling to bits.

I recall being on the way back from Mudgee and being passed by a Captiva, over double lines, right in front of a sign alerting them of a passing lane coming up. Then I noticed that the rear drivers side wheel had a severe wobble to it and noped the gently caress back. Never mind the poo poo you see every time you drive on the M4/M5 etc. But a pod filter is dangerous :rolleyes:

Kaptainballistik posted:

I've also got a new car in the works this going to seriously mess with you lot. It's beyond your comprehension. I think CI's head was blown when I actually got the drivetrain to fit....

I see you doubt me.... Stay tuned.

twin LS 4WD ute in the spirit of the Dirt Every Day Caddy or GTFO!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ChAd3dxXRc

goddamit why can't I just make that url a link!

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

I'm kinda wondering if a Barra AWD will fit.

DDDDOOOOOO IIIITTTTT

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

Dr. Garbanzo posted:

I posted in the aus thread so hopefully he appears soonish. I swear every butter colored rexie I see in the mountains I believe it’s you although I know that isn’t the truth

There is at least one other that gets around regularly in the upper mountains. I swear I’m going through Subaru withdrawal now I’m south of the border.

The last day I worked in Leura I saw the bloke who has the 22B getting around in a pristine 308. Car dealership boys, that’s what we need to get into!

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
Please please please do some sort of redneck pulse jet anti lag set up. Please.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Just a reminder this still exists.

Saturday I need to post pics of what has happened to it. It's had quite a lot done in the last year.......

I looks like it's missing a frosty cold beer and a broslogan

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Oh God why do we even What the HELL have we done????

I regret moving states now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
Please tell me it’s a Great Wall Somethingorother