Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Just found this thread and saw you have a first gen Rx7. Im now subscribed and have to go back to the beginning and read all the poo poo. I heard there are Foresters here too, I cant wait to catch up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Oh god why do I even what am I doing

Haha man, I fuckin love this. I kinda wish I had another Forester that was rusty so I didn't have to drive my good one in the winter even though that's what it's made for. I hate you for your multiple foresters and FB, goddammit.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Yea we dont judge here

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Rhyno posted:

Unless you're a racist restoring a Mustang.

True, but gently caress that guy

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Weird, I think the auto in my XT is awesome. It's the first auto I've had in a long time but it shifts fast and sharp compared to many others I've driven. The only thing I don't like is the delay in downshifting if I don't use the shifter but I think it's something I can mess with when I get further into tuning it.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

The bigger motor makes a difference and helps mask the problems would be my thought - the GT is a 2 litre and "only" 125Kw vs the XT which is at least 155Kw as well as a fairly big torque difference - the GT is 240Nm stock vs the XT's 320Nm. Makes a fair difference to an auto if you dont need to row the gears.

The stock Forester 2 litre here in 2 litre form gets 92Kw and 184Nm.

Oh I didn't know there were 2 liter Foresters, we didn't get those. Interesting.

I wish there was access to the TCU like there is to the ECU with openport.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Seat Safety Switch posted:

You can get at some of the TCU variables with FreeSSM.

Yea I tried that with no luck but I havent spent much time on it yet. That and now I have a usb-serial adapter which I didnt have before and maybe that will make the difference.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Every time I see a new post I know it's gonna be another Subaru and it always is and it's hilarious.

I think we need to have a sit down with Mr terrist, he has a problem.

Not enough yard space.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

The stereo is just something else. Holy moly it PUMPS

Is it the stock one with the 6 CD changer in the dash and 6x9 sub in the back? Mine had that and I really liked how it sounded.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Yeah it's the stock unit. Seems to be well regarded if it's a proper McIntosh and not the later Clarion. Also found out there's pages and pages dedicated to adding bits to the McIntosh units so they can control Bluetooth, DVD players and also settign up Android / Iphones as Incar touch screens.....!

Hah, no poo poo. I kept the original head unit and didnt cut anything so I could do that still but now I have my old amp and 12s in it so mine REALLY pumps now, haha. I kept the stock speakers though since they sound really good for stock so its not worth upgrading. Even before I put the subs in the stockers sounded great with the new head unit even without the 6x9 sub hooked up. Ive had a lot of nice stereos over the years and Im really impressed with the stock speakers in the XT.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

The next update might be a bit rotary based. I know it's been amusing to see the Subaru insanity buuuut.... there's rotaries here too and they need love

Yesssss

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

I don't know what it is about Foresters but I really, really miss having one. I'm 90% sure I'll buy another NA one instead of a turbo for the TDI when I sell my wrecked XT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

All the poo poo you get done always makes me feel like a huge slacker but inspires me to get poo poo done when I'm feeling lazy so keep the Subaru parts flyin.

Here I am typing stuff when I should be gasketing my outback.