Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

<next post>
Hey guys, I bought a Subaru!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

I know for a fact that the swearing helped. It’s a natural lubricant/enhancer.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Good luck!
Break a... timing chain? Not sure what the equivalent to the showbiz saying is, here.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

That would probably make yours faster than mine, since he's dealing with the next-generation EZ30R. More HP and six actual exhaust ports (instead of one per side like mine, which makes aftermarket headers pointless.) Also better transaxle - 5-speed auto that isn't complete mush as I recall, if not a manual.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

So uhhh.... question. What kind of person would buy new head bolts and then reuse the head gaskets?

...really? Wow.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

I’m going to say maybe don’t ever touch that guy’s cars again.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Only if you finish/sell something else first.

...WTF am I saying? My wife has infected my brain.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Because that's where the wiring harness was, fittingly.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

I have a first gen RX-7 that's literally loaded with parts from several others inside.
So, I'm right there with you.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

I feel personally attacked

*Looks at RX7 stuffed full of Subaru parts*

No, this is kinship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

I’ve never seen the swivel head version. Probably not even available in the US. You guys blokes got the Ryobi ratchet long before we did. I saw it on Mighty Car Mods, and then discovered I couldn’t get it. So I got a Husky instead, which is smaller, so there’s that.
And yeah, there are certain things that those are indispensable for. Flush cutting trim is one, for example.