Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

DROP YOUR COAT AND GRAB YOUR TOES, I'LL SHOW YOU WHERE THE WILD GOOSE GOES!!!!

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Also, who wants a WRC Bad Boys sticker? 20 bucks, help fund the 06 STI's last hurrah 17-20 November. If it survives it'll be time to move on as it'll no longer be eligible for the WRC and thence we are looking to go to something else and thence it's The WRC Tank's Last Stand. Might even be our last time at the WRC so yeah... this is the max effort event for us.

The WRC Bad Boys - getting steward fined and adding to the Officials drinks bank account 1000 Euros a time.

Come to targa and show the porsches how it's done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

The stripped out interior shots have given me a terrible idea. Many thanks.

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

He should have stayed gone, gently caress the FA and it's plastic rods forever.

Okay having a look at a set of hubs at a WRX / STI wreckers today, the rear hubs are wider to incorporate the wider handbrake shoes (160mm plays 180mm) at least... the fronts kinda look wider as well but I couldnt do more than an eyeball. So.... looks like the rears on the Bad Obsession Motorsport tyre stickout guage

might be marginally cheeky and the fronts be marginally pansy.... and the idea of requiring fender flares grows as a result. Hmmmmmmm.

There was a mob making 22B knock off kits for the GF8 awhile back. Just saying....

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Ummmm.... link? This I gotta see

HT Autos was the kit that I knew about. Can't seem to find it on their website anymore. Might be worth an email.

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

On a scale from 1 to impossible, how hard would it be to swap a 6 speed long raito sti box into a levorg?

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Just to clarify I'm not being contra to be a dick, this is actually an interesting topic which I dont think is entirely simple on the electronics side, esp as there are a lot of systems that tie back to the CVT's modes of operation and also the autonomous control that Eyesight has. You would need to either make the decision to remove them or make them work... which I'm not sure you can, given most of the advanced features arent availible on any manual car. The dash also isnt straightforward, nor is the steering wheel controls even to work with just a manual. Sooo.... there would be more wiring changes I think as well as def ECU swaps, reprogramming of CANBUS and maybe body control ECUs also needing to be redone.

I suspect it would be possible Subaru have not left the crossmember mounts in the same place between manual and auto. On the Gen 4 Liberty's here they arent - which is what Mech Stig and MCM ran into and why they used a custom crossmember. Also turns out the wiring was quite a deal different between auto and manual cars.

Ah drat. I figured that computer trickery would make it next to impossible compared to older gens.

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

It IS a bit lairy ......

Als the idle STILL isnt right. But I think I'm on the right track as I changed hte syptoms. Idle Control Valve needs to be changed and a new O-Ring used.

God drat, what are these rims.

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

I have $10 on ballistik getting a decal printed and stuck on the car when CT isn't looking.

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

Ferremit posted:

Funny... The last round of 43 degree weather we had here in Adelaide my mates 06 Liberty 3.0R decided to puke coolant everywhere and overheat too. No sign of why either!

The H6 in my outback overheats in traffic if the temp is 30+ deg. No idea why. I reckon they might be undercooled from factory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

iwentdoodie posted:

Why hell would you import a 2.5rs when you have actual good subarus?

2 door GC chassis are rare as hens teeth over here. 8ish years ago a 2 door WRX was $20k AUD. Now a good example will range from 40~60k or more. A rego-able 22b will set you back well over the 100k mark.