Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Your market ever get the Saab 9-2X?
No, we didn't. But we did get the first gen Impreza WRX, so we got the better deal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

iwentdoodie posted:

Next episode, on Hoarders.

"THE SUBARUS NEED TO BE SAVED! IF I DON'T DO IT, NO ONE WILL!"

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

So many Subaru Rally drivers died during the late 90s and early 2000s

Possum Bourne
Colin McRae
Richard Burns

:smith:

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

A normal "pink" inspection wont (unless the damage is more meaningful" ) so Camrys are safeish

What we need to pass tho is a "Blue" inspection with is much more detailed and they will fail you for dents. A Pink inspection is basic road worthy (A car can be illegal but still fine to safely drive), Blue is road legal (Must pass all laws). It's basically still a local garage for either for mechanics suitiably licensed.

You also have Pit inspection. Which you do not want at all because this is a defect clearence and you get emission / noise tested by the RTA and you go to the local RTA (RTA= DMV) pit bay inspection - they do not gently caress around, your car gets the short back and sides inspection and they will fail you on sneezing wrong. I did Pit years ago for a rally car that was to gain a engineering cert and it is as brutal and nerve wrecking as you could imagine. However the one good thing about Pit / Engineered is that you pass that, no cop can touch you with your mods. The look on the cop's face when you pull out the paperwork and say sweetly "Hi, is there a problem?"

There's a perception cars cant be modded in Aust - well actually not true. You just have to prove it with an engineering inspection. Eventually the red Forester when it gets swapped will go to a Engineer and then paperworked properly, esp as it should be well over double stock Kw.

Pfft, just get it registered in Victoria, we don't care about that poo poo

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Oh god why do I even what am I doing

Impeza GX with a blown motor for the price of take it it away

SUBARUTE IT

I'll bring the oxy torch and angle grinders

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Whoa, a rust free Datsun 120Y

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Kaptainballistik posted:

The CHU has a new home.

It's a little less Cramped... And I own it! (Well, my half of 5 mortgage payments....)

Just a head's up, a lot of web browsers can't view images that have http in the address on the forums these days. You need to use https in the address for images to work.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

MY00 Evo4 WRX, filthy as gently caress but straight and runs. Lowered, chipped, exhaust, intake.

loving shoot me now.
I used to like those in the late 90s/early 2000s.

However these days, yeah, I'm sure it's pretty shagged.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

mekilljoydammit posted:

All right, what's an Evo4 WRX? Because from where I'm sitting that sounds like talking about a Ford Camaro, but I figure that's just me not knowing something.

There were Evolution versions of WRX STis. I mainly saw them in the first gen series. Hugely popular in Australia, but most have either been thrashed to death, stolen or wrapped around trees/light poles

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

iospace posted:

To get a bit more in depth, inductors and capacitors have variable impedance based on the frequency of the signal going through it. Low frequencies make a capacitor's impedance approach infinite (1/(2*pi*C*f)), and the inverse is true for an inductor (2*pi*H*f). Based on that, you can make passive filters that will only allow the frequencies you want to go through.

So more doof for my VL Commodore then?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Oh god why do I even what am I doing....?!?!?!

Looks like I have a solid excuse to find a running barely functional Subaru and fix it before she comes to Australia permanently

Sadly she thinks this is a good idea. Let alone marrying an Australian with too many cars and whole lot of cats.

(Marrying August in Canada when its not f******* freezing)

:rip:

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I doubt it is a GM truck due to the fact there's a tiny number of them on Australian roads.

I bet it is something like a Hilux or Land Cruiser

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Oh god why do I even..... yeah nah not this time I know exactly what I'm doing and why :)

Been quite a week all things considered :)

Congratulations old chap. How good is she at rebuilding Subaru motors?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Or just run the heater core through an external oil cooler if you're not too worried about having heating in the car

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Just chucka Barra in it maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate