Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

iospace posted:

So out of sheer curiosity, how many cars do you have, and what's the status of them?

Prepare for some of CAT's Vogon Poetry...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Fly me there and I'll fix all your wirings. I'm trying to trade my Forester S for random cars, it's the backup car and the most boring adjustable shock LSD rear short geared car ever. It does have a WRX shift knob and a SOHC Ej20 from some JDM importers junk pile, so who knows...

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Got a passport?

I do, so let me know. :q:

As I remember, I owe you a steak dinner...

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

I wonder if we can get you out here for the WRC...... 17th - 20th November

Oh man, I'd love that. I'm sure I could make it happen!

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

The stereo is just something else. Holy moly it PUMPS

I assume Australians only have AC/DC and SIlverchair CDs in their changers.

edit: both great choices

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

CharlesM posted:

More like 323 GTR.

The only good Mazda.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

CI : Subarus
Kastein : Jeeps
CommirGIR : Audis
CSB : Land Rovers
MeKillJoyDamnit : RX7's
The Spyder : RX7's
Left Ventricle : Buick Centurys
McTinkerson : RX7's
Darchangel : RX7's AND Cutlasses
NitroSpazzz : BMW

I really need to get that RX7 of mine going again. Might look at it this weekend

I have owned Daihatsu Charades from every model year in the US, built on that ran a 2:18 on Thunderhill, and own a turquoise Rocky. I'm pretty sure I'm the Daihatsu king...u.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

I love what Subaru does and doesn't move around on the LHD/RHD cars. Its a busy right side when fully assembled, thats for sure.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

I'm just surprised breasts are measured in metric volume, also appreciate checking the tire chart.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

I'm so glad the Australian police make you feel young still.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Since this is a Subaru thread mentioning Chrysler, someone post the LeBaron with WRX engine.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

I dropped that same Ryobi P261 1/2" impact on its snout from less than a meter and it broke :(

It worked great otherwise.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Those Ryobis are cheap enough that the occasional failure can be tolerated. Otherwise, bloody brilliant cheap poo poo

They're made by TTI as I recall, same as Milwaukee. I use the cheap drill/impact kit for work and its never let me down. The cordless glue gun is far and beyond way beyond its price in quality, I've used pro hot melt guns that sucked more at 5 times the price.

iospace posted:

To get a bit more in depth, inductors and capacitors have variable impedance based on the frequency of the signal going through it. Low frequencies make a capacitor's impedance approach infinite (1/(2*pi*C*f)), and the inverse is true for an inductor (2*pi*H*f). Based on that, you can make passive filters that will only allow the frequencies you want to go through.

The plus side of of passive filters is they can be made to handle speaker level power without losing their quality. Downside is pretty substantial loss, somewhat low accuracy, and the fact the q isn't great, but a high input power crossover network isn't exactly the place for a 12 pole Butterworth. Or is it? :getin:

DJ Commie fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Mar 11, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Ferremit posted:

Yeah, they definitely could be had with a manual behind the H6. Friend has an 06 liberty B spec sedan lurking in his garage with the EZ30 and 6 speed manual behind it. It’s the same manual as the STI got just minus the tricky centre diff. Which can be swapped in if the Internet it to be believed

I think the manual 6 maybe was AUDM only. US never got them.