Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

So while I'm trying to find the lawnmotor in amongst the Great Wall of tyres...

I think.... hey I havent opened up this door in a while

The first two urls weren't quite right, didn''t display on my end. I changed them to match the others here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I LOVE IT

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
You make the impossible, possible.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Those taillights on the Forester are from the facelift model which means it's a 2001+?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I miss my Forester ahh. Is it geared that short stock or did you change something? I had an auto. :(

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
What motor does it have? I had the 2.5L 165hp and thought that was plenty.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Ah I was wondering about seat swaps as I hated the seats on my 99. It's probably an odd complaint but the seatback actually wouldn't go far enough forward. I know most people have it leaned back a lot but it didn't feel good that way.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Foresters are good IMO.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I think Subaru autos of the era are average, but I've never driven one attached to a turbo!

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
b.b.ut... an automatic?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Have you considered piston Mazdas? :)

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Elephanthead posted:

LS swaped RX8?

More like 323 GTR.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

You've just made a new posting nemesis.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

DJ Commie posted:

The only good Mazda.

All Mazdas are good :arghfist:

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I've never driven an H6 :(

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

The only issue I can spot with the Liberty is that it REALLY doesnt like hauling rear end up the mountains when the temp is over 44C. Neither did the WRX either but the Liberty is very marginal on cooling when you are wanting power to climb and the road temp is basically mindblowingly hot.

Like when I'm on the bicycle and the Garmin is registering 44+C. No power and cant stay cool. Monday one of my shoes began to melt just due to how goddamn hot the tarmac's relection was.

I've had to turn off A/C and back off in my WRX chasing another car up a mountain, even when it wasn't that hot. I had like 2 or 3 people in the car though. To my credit when we got to the top the other guy's car was boiling over and he was like "why is this happening?"

The WRX ('03) didn't really seem to be built for heavy duty as the stock brakes faded out without a whole lot of effort too. To be fair though the car was actually bought as a commuter because at the time it was the only Impreza with side-airbags.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Fuuuuck me, takign apart cars in 44C heat is stupid hard to do

Your parking lights are on!!!

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Lol, my brother has had Subarus for more than 10 years and he still didn't know about that switch. I told him his parking lights were on and he's like "yeah, they won't go off, I have to go to the dealer." :facepalm:

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I wish to collect Mazdas again, some day. I live in an apartment in the city and pay per parking spot though... :(

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

mekilljoydammit posted:

I have about a dozen 1st gen RX-7s, but am not really trying to get any more, does that still count?

I still really want a GSL-SE.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I like the one that's a Mazda Protege (Familia).

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
You've probably already posted this but what do you use to remove insulation / sound deadening?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
That's a lot of cats!

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Does that oil jug say "Feel Me"?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

After avoiding sunroofs at all costs for yeaaaaars I now have three cars with them. The WRX ones frankly are turds and I dont get why you would want one in them.

The Liberty's sunroof on the other hand? Hands down amazing.

Is it the glass one that goes into the backseat? They've had that since the 90s and when I first saw it I thought it was pretty radical.

I meant to ask, what is the picture of the crashed BMW on the last page?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Front section lifts up, rear section retracts so yeah, the moonroof or whatever Subaru call it.

I *think* it's was a Mazda 3 and from what I heard the driver was a biiiiiit drunk and she put it under the back of a parked truck, after which said car caught fire. Happened just a bit up the road from where I live

I'm with you on not caring about sunroofs, but I do want to ride in one of the Subarus that has a moon-roof to a back seat. I bet that's really nice with kids.

Oh yeah it is a Mazda. They look a bit different all smashed up, eh.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
The first-gen Forester (SF) is my favorite looking but if I were to get another one for regular use I think I'd get a late model, 2007-2008 or so to get all the amenities and side airbags, etc.

My other favorite utility wagon are the old RWD Volvos. I miss my 740. But they're getting quite uncommon. Fortunately here in Seattle there are still a ton of Foresters.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
no freaking way

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
The Levorg doesn't seem like it's a whole lot smaller than the Legacy/Liberty/Outback.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Steering rack on my '99 was really loose, I hated that.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Start of thread -

End Count - 17

Total cars I've owned at some point in this thread's existance..... 20. 18 Subarus

Oh for hosed sake 18 goddamn Subarus?????????

No more RX-7?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
A crossover separates the audio frequencies so only the bass goes to the subwoofer, the high to the tweeter, the rest to the normal speaker, etc.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Very polite drivers? You must not have been driving in Vancouver.

Powershift posted:

I would think most Canadian subarus of that era have returned the majority of the chassis back to the land.

What i'm saying is it would be REALLY easy to justify to the customs folks that it's a half cut.

Mainland BC weather is pretty mild, they don't have too much of a rust problem. It's Ontario and Quebec where everything is salt hell.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I was gonna say you had it backwards but forgot to actually post that.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

The B-Pillar was also moved

Don't get in an accident!?!

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
That's why I want a GSL-SE.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
One of my Mazdas I put lower seats in because it had a sunroof which takes headroom. Normally that isn't a problem but I realized when putting on a helmet it really sucks.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Looking good, keep all 1st and 2nd gen Foresters going forever IMO

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Really the best looking of all Imprezas, IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

AWWW YISSS

I gotta talk to Kakermix about this :D

Somebody bid a ton for one that still had all the equipment a few months ago. Probably somebody trying to fight fires in California.