Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Did you turn the wagon into a 22b

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Hello it is Wednesday

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
So did you make a better 86 or a worse wrx

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
loving listen to it.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
It would get old fast.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
At one point you probably had enough Subarus on the go to give one to every goddamn regular in this thread, Oprah style.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

Kaptainballistik posted:

I have already desecrated a vehicle most would swoon over.

Well, is it a Maserati Biturbo or an X1/9 ??

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
3rding this. Fix n flip, fund other projects as long as it's not going to eat into your spares too hard.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
EZ30 out of an outback/Liberty?

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

Ferremit posted:

EZ30 has standard style rods and take to forced induction nicely

EZ36 has the wonky offset rods and are rather picky bout their forced induction levels

YO IT'S YOUR BOY AL WITH SOME H6 FACTS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhJgvKnuIZg

It's like Woody reads the sub or something.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
What's the availability of E85 like in your neck of the woods?

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Not too bad. United E85 about 10 kms from home. Flex fuel systems are basically off the shelf for a GC/GF too.

I was thinking for the EZ30, which pretty much means going Haltech or something of that nature I expect.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Do an AW11.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Double posting but CT I thought you'd appreciate this.

Guy I work with. 99, original owner (he's 75!), Never modified, original drivetrain, only thing he's done to it is have all the pinhole dents from errant shopping trolleys pulled about 2 years back.

I think at this point he's waiting for GC8s to start climbing before he sells it, he's made it this far.

Thing is a joy to look at though.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

Darchangel posted:

Now that I own an Outback 3.0 H6... I think I like Subarus. I need to try something in manual/turbo flavor. Or at least turbo.
Really wish they’d made the H6 with a manual - it feels like it would be a hoot. It’s not terrible with the automatic, once I convinced the thing that I didn’t want it to go into third immediately, and never downshift for anything. Thankfully it learns a bit.

I think you could get them with the STi 6 speed here in the 3.0 Spec.B and maybe a few other variants. Probably the "tuned by STi" variety. Apparently it really comes to life when you can wring it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
More importantly, how many sets of new in box 12A rotor housings did she have in her basement?