Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

Why ask me ? I cant understand me either!
The issue is Steering shaft flex more than the Steering box.... But we have the technology......

Large pile of Ex CHU intake system, dual oil coolers and Suspension bits now residing in the front seat, I haven't convinced CI to refit the Rollcage yet...... YET. There are some seriously crazy parts that have been put aside for this car.

For the Seriously Rotor nerdy the new motor consists of a Hi Comp lightened Series 5 rotor set, a Lightweight steel flywheel (from a Certain red Rx2) and a few other seriously trick parts we have been collecting.

Which reminds me... I need to post what's been happening in the other side of the garage....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

Actually I've shown very little of the CHU's "guts" on the forums, let alone in public (any photo of the engine bay without the airbox always have a cover on the intake).

Basically because I figured out how to make a RX2 corner hard enough on a wet skid pan to stick its front wheel over half a foot in the air. The induction is a Quad throttle intake and the motor is capable of extended stints over 9500 rpm without issue.

Maybe one day I'll let some secrets out.

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

mekilljoydammit posted:

but what this guy did was come up with a mount point that bolted to the inside of the trans tunnel without bodywork surgery, and special replacement bushings for the upper links that just happened to be made out of seat cushion foam (you have to keep the stock links, but bushing material was free). So fixing geometry over here isn't necessarily completely hopeless, just a lot more of a pain in the rear end than it could be.

Oh, I know what the Group C (extremely improved production) guys did ;) not far off that ...

And that intake... It fits a pair of genuine Racing Beat 20G bonneville injectors. (All 900cc each) you need the plenum volume for High RPM intake pulse control, 54 mm throttle bodies and ram tubes.......

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

[quote="CAT INTERCEPTOR" post="462703050

The not so good.. smells of old person. First owner wasnt a smoker but still has this haze of old lady pants.
[/quote]

And I'm still figuring out how there is a pile of shoe dirt in the centre console..... I think it's a interior strip out and wash with a hose!

It's dirtier than your year 10 teacher!

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

So on the other side of the garage....

https://www.facebook.com/kaptainballistik/videos/10153912368203723/

I think the new 11mm Spec C oil pump works...

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

jamal posted:

Both of the internal nuts for the front of my trans xmember broke off, there are holes cut in the chassis to get a wrench on a regular nut. I should probably do something about that, maybe when i get around to replacing the squeaky tob.

You haven't worked on a PWRC car have you....

It's a regular occurance 🤕

Oh and CI forgot to mention the S4 Rx7, the ST4s Ducati and the Yamaha collection.... A TT-R 250 with the "works" thumper racer kit, a 1975 DT1 175 and a 1971 AT-1 125 enduro.

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

Chiwie posted:

Come to targa and show the porsches how it's done.

I may ride a Ducati, but I have my Latte sipping limits!

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

I wonder if we can get you out here for the WRC...... 17th - 20th November

On the PWRC side of the garage ....

Not too much happening besides I just dropped big dollars on a STi plated front diff. Arrives in 2 weeks so I guess I need to remove the gearbox.

Insert swearing.

And the rear shocks are nice and clean. All ready for a service and spunky new STI spherical strut tops!!!

https://www.facebook.com/kaptainballistik/posts/10153987059278723:0

Anyone feel like like milking and sending a post viral so I can get free Monster energy??

(Is linking Facebook pictures a naughty??)

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

jamal posted:

A piece of flat bar with two bolts stuck through it into the crank pulley holes?

And without plugs an engine will build oil pressure much more quickly.

Pfft

Take off the interheater and stick a bar in the crankcase hole for undoing to converter bolts!

We have the you beaut tool for "normal Crank pulleys" 😉

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

Well... It's WRC time!!!

https://www.facebook.com/kaptainballistik/posts/10154113370383723

PRESS RELASE – From the desk of the Evil Overlord Greenie the Budgie

It has come to our attention that lesser rally teams have stolen our idea of personal sponsorship of WRC cars. Such teams that have vastly higher budgets and spend money on Expresso coffee machines and nail manicures – while we at Alliance Motorsport, we put YOUR money to more important things that a rally car requires – like petrol and tyres. And if we are lucky, a bag of lollies to hand out to officials.

As such, we urge you to forgo spending money on other teams and to give it to us, the team that built a WRC2 car in a garage, fuelled by dreams, hot air and posting on Facebook when we needed to put a gearbox in at 2am in the morning. Our necessary fuel (Monster Energy Drink, pizza and infusions of tea direct into the biggest vein we could access) have only allowed us to go so far, while we will get to Coffs Harbour, we are alarmed that these urgent supplies are running low, let alone we are needing to mug beggars for spare change for tyres.

So how about it? Sponsor a genuine garage built WRC Bad Boys WRC2 Tank, help the team with no budget, no clue and no caffeine. And also unlike other teams, we’ll allow to not just put your name on our conveyance, but in a form you want – we’ll accept anything that will (hopefully) pass FIA scrutiny. Unfortunatly that means no DickButt but anything else? Your love of Anime? How I am the greatest Bird known to Humankind and I should be the Dictactor of the USA? Cats Rule, Dogs drool? We are awaited in Valhalla and we shall be shiney and chrome?

Absolutly!

So for the measly sum of 30 bucks (20 to renew), get your name on a rallycar mister, be part of the Orginal WRC Bad Boys team. 100 bucks on the underside in case the car rolls at a spectactor point for maximum publicity.

And also fuel the team to the finish line because Lord Knows, if Cat Interceptor don’t get his tea while being the Overlord of the Service Park, blood is going to be spilt. Probably his own as he falls off his bike but you get the point, if we don’t get our caffeine, there will be carnage and hijinks and undies forgotten! There will be laminations of women and children, grown men shall bow their heads in horror and I, Greenie, shall rise up and strike down the unworthy who are scared of dust and night!

For I, Greenie, will make Rally Great again! I shall build a wall and it shall keep out hipsters and enviromentalists! It will be beautiful and huge! And I shall laugh and Group B will sound in the forests once aga…..

Wait, what was I supposed to talking about? Hmmm okay not evil plans ….. ah right Sponsor the WRC Bad Boys, the first and best put your name on the side of our car!

If you want to see the Most Dyslexic rallydriver afford his FIA fine.... We will take all assistance! Including service crew and purveying Rally Bad Boys Stickers to all !!!

Who sponsor us that is :P

Stickers also available.... And we even have merchandise!!!! Is bribing moderators allowed for any possible forum rule breach? 😉

Greenie
Evil Overlord of the UnHoly Alliannce

I probably should add you contact us via the Kaptainballistik page.....

Kaptainballistik fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Nov 8, 2016

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

Because it's the epic of Gilgamesh....

https://www.facebook.com/groups/OfficialZIPTIESCommunity/permalink/1626923214278943/

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

https://www.facebook.com/groups/OfficialZIPTIESCommunity/permalink/1626920650945866/

It rode to Valhalla all SHINEY and chrome....

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

Just as a minor update.

You can now play DiRT Rally as me!

https://www.facebook.com/kaptainballistik/posts/10154320726853723

I think that now makes me a C list racing celebrity.... Wooooo!

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

Aargh posted:

Given the state of Australian celebrity market I think you should at least aim for B grade. You're definitely better than a Grettel Killeen or so...

I must go, there is a car door opening!

Wait... That's Tanya Zietta's thing...

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

There is a six speed "lying around", but it's got a firm price of 2500 as its the spare off the WRC car....

So he's buying his own. 😂😜

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

My smartass reply is the Promo Girl Fioncee appears happy with me buying a Series6/7 Rx7 if it's a good price.

No, I don't know how I lucked out, her sister is married, and I put a ring on it so you can't have.

Kaptainballistik fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Feb 6, 2017

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

mekilljoydammit posted:

I have about a dozen 1st gen RX-7s, but am not really trying to get any more, does that still count?

SUUUUUUURE......you just tell yourself that.

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

Gooood GOOOD

Let the RADL flow through you....

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

Is this where I mention I've found a 22b at a UK breakers that's had the front corner ripped off?

Unfortunately the Coupe was not brought to Australia except as a STi and in small numbers. Hence even grabbing a shoddy example to give the 2.2 treatment is an expensive concept.

However...

The coupe actually shares the same roof and boot profile as the sedan, and to convert the 4 door to a 2 door involves a b pillar and 1/4 panel swap. The locators for the bodywork are even on the 4 door chassis. I'm currently waiting for a 2 door race only shell to appear for the parts..... Getting it re-regoed as the Coupe is certainly doable.

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

Those evil Funnel web bastards can survive up to 36 hours at the bottom of a pool. Fortunately the Tree dwelling Funnelweb preys on baby Drop bear spawn.

Seriously... We have freaking huge spiders that kill you in trees.

And to prove how stuff you we are... The Sydney basin is basically the home of every drat poisonous thing In Australia that will kill you. And they knowingly inserted a colony of Rejects and criminals there.

And you wonder why Aussies are gloriously mad bastards....

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

Never fear, I'll slyly fit the fuse box while he is not looking.

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

As a teaser...

Bigger intake Restrictor means way more powers.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HN0cRQqU8Z8

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

Actually the bronze ring is a fire ring on the Subi motor as the bores walk even when they are closed deck.. 1.5 bar at 1500 rpm does that...we have a block with them integral in the block for the G4 ARC car that's in design stage.

It also happens to also pull some heat out.

Unfortunately we are basically a "Group A" formula for our modefied class (PRC or production RallyCar) so things like water injection are not allowed. Waterspray is and in a Subi it's essential to keep oil temps down. If Intake take goes over 45 deg the oil temp skyrockets. Even a hefty oil cooler won't stop this. If you keep the intake temp down then even the standard water/oil cooler keeps oil temps under control. The Spec C one does the job but we are going for a slightly larger one for insurance.

There are other ways to control oil temp, but I'm not letting on what we do ;)

The next task is getting some weight out of the car. In the 2006 Spec C conversion the car lost OVER 50kg and it's still pushing 1596kg ready to rally. I will hopefully post pics tomorrow if work isn't so insane... But currently even over length bolts and tape wrapping looms are being targeted in the weight loss..... There is also a 3 port boost controller to fit to solve the boost blip we have which is limiting power down low.

Mind you, if you turn into a 3l on tar at 3000 rpm in second and plant it the 4 wheel slide is HILARITY!

We also have found that apparently the front Discs are 13kg and the AP front rotor assembly is 13 LBS... So a hefty 6kg...... You may wonder why I mention this... Stay tuned....

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

Laserface posted:

All the fuel in Australia is made by one of two companies and it's all the same.

The BP is best myth was dispelled a decade ago.

Tell that to the dyno guys and my Ducati. Caltex varies a lot more and when I had to use it at WRC the car was dialing back the ignition.

I always take the STI to Springwood as they are friendly. Caltex glenbrook is always expensive.

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

https://www.facebook.com/charles.wannop/posts/1491041027636359

Here... Have some multimedia extravaganza!!!!

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

https://www.facebook.com/kaptainballistik/videos/10154726158968723/

And some in-car ... Big air at 170kph looks boring from the inside!

https://www.facebook.com/NatCapRally/videos/1546237968760081/

And some spectator stage!

Kaptainballistik fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Jun 5, 2017

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=B-kB-fGXED4

Weeeeeeeee

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

jamal posted:

Instead of pulling the pin, you can release the TOB through the hole the fork comes through with a long flathead screwdriver.

Tried that, it was too gummed up to release. It was literally 5mm apart and the inner clip would not release.

Mouse pee....

Eventually got the pin out using a pair of vice grips to act as a hammer point... Because they had sealed the pin cover with grey silastic......

Kaptainballistik fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Jun 11, 2017

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

Seat Safety Switch posted:

That's an annoying place for a rad support to get bent. Don't you have a rear-ended Subaru lying around somewhere that you can gank a clean rad support from?

It's about a 18 hour job if you take it off from in front of the towers.

It's how we changed the 2003 into a 2006 spec C..... Inner bracing took another 4...

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

Google group c kit on Gumtree (the aus version)... Lots of sellerss!

Stay tuned for RX7 updates.... But for the red one!

Anyway, have a newspaper article!

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/penrith-press/sport/dunn-out-to-beat-the-odds/news-story/4c109362380d8057661251dd81e346c4

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

Darchangel posted:

Well, yes, but oh god the shipping.

edit: also, I'd say that you boys have an above average garage, counter to what that article says...

It can't be worse than how much the US companies charge for shipping 😂. Japan shipping? Ow, UK? Reasonable, Canada? Fark, USA...FUKDAT.

You think a Fibro, possum infested, Apestos ridden, Funnelweb inhabited, colder than Mawson's hut Garage is above average? Admittedly it's luxury compared to a Garage in Streatham (UK) in the winter ! He he.

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

So what's this then?

Kaptainballistik fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Jun 25, 2017

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

Remind me to check with the admin to see if he is playing around with hosting before I delete/reload my images........ 😂

Kaptainballistik fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Jun 25, 2017

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

It means the Technical Analyst was trying to solve an apparent issue whilst the Sys Admin was modifying end data to solve the issue.

Apparently AllianceMotorsport needs to start using ITIL processes...... Or I Shouldn't attempt upload from myiPhone!

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

(The yellow RADL light flashes in a deep and dark bunker.....)

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

Don Dongington posted:

There's a blue light for when a new RX7 is announced. Will it ever shine?

It better drat well!

And the rotary we all don't care about is the Rx5......

Kaptainballistik fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Jun 27, 2017

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

The CHU has a new home.

It's a little less Cramped... And I own it! (Well, my half of 5 mortgage payments....)

Kaptainballistik fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Jun 27, 2017

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

That may be what the issue is!

OI HOSTING! I'm putting in a change request!

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

I would have made him fix the LUN then reported his rear end.
But hey, my job is to be an rear end in a top hat after all!

(I'm not kidding, my job is to be a bastard to IT people who screw up...)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

beep-beep car is go posted:

So you're a manager?

Not a manager anymore, I'm a Senior in a team that fixes poo poo.

Best description is literally IT Blackopps. I can't say what I do or have done a lot of the time. I am allowed to say I was the Senior Technical for the Sydney Metro project for several years.