Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

Why ask me ? I cant understand me either!
Still waiting.. ArCom meeting next week need to discuss request.

It’s not slowing me down yet, I’m up to bonding on a rear 1/4 with body bond!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

Fo3 posted:

Still got the 'rx2' as well?
I'm the catch can/charcoal canister vent line going to the hood release (don't want the latch sticking :v: )

Don’t laugh... it’s there for Rego.

Carbon canister is fully functional.....

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

Just to provide thread life

Just ordered front end bits for the abominable......

And a question.... If the Cat converter is at the end of the exhaust... does that mean it can handle anti lag?

Kaptainballistik fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Jul 4, 2018

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

Ok, I’m throwing you a hint....

The final piece arrived today.. a Liberty Twin Turbo exhaust manifold.

Currently Assembling Gearboxes and diffs....

Yes... Diffs..

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

Wednesday... I’m going to Yellow Mustang your rear end till Wednesday !

And there is only one 6x6 project, 🤪...

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

Cat Interceptor will elaborate... but...

https://www.facebook.com/152401103293/posts/10157615111078294/

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

2 doors, flares,... an improved 22b!

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

Unfortunately there is a lot of commercial in confidence with the Black BRZ.

The BLUE BRZ.... that’s a different story 😂

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

I’ve been unemployed this week (Or as I call it.. I’m a professional Rally Driver....) so I’ve assembled the “new” 6 speed for the BRZ-X and also fabricated a new Turbo header set to get more subframe clearance.

And I’ve got a nice pretty rollcage to install......

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

Nothing happening I’m allowed to show pictures of today..

A bit more media notoriety however...https://www.racerviews.com/2018/08/14/awd-subaru-brz-to-hit-the-rally-stages-in-australia/

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

mekilljoydammit posted:

Serious question out of curiosity - why not allowed? Something to do with rules compliance or some agreement with Subaru / other sponsor, or just not wanting to let the cat out of the bag before it runs?

I haven't played in anything where the racing is semi-official so just wondering what's up.

Commercial in Confidence....

It’s pretty obvious how I got the thing to fit. ... and I don’t want to give away any hints to those who are currently trying.

And oh boy... they have been trying to get the info!

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

https://www.facebook.com/kaptainballistik/videos/352374101972855/

I did a thing.......

But basically... it’s a hololigated drivetrain, stuffed in the shell. But also allowing “group A “ modifications. By the time it’s “competitive “ it will be closer to an R5 car than a group N car...

As a team we are now in that strange land between Professional and Amateur. We don’t have the backing YET, but we are rattling the cage of the bigger teams. I think this car may just do the trick.

It’s just a total animal....

Kaptainballistik fucked around with this message at 10:20 on Sep 18, 2018

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

https://www.facebook.com/kaptainballistik/videos/541379636326957/

There was an issue with my new axles for the front being too long, so I stuck in some old ones I cludged up....

I then did a clutch dump.... and the slightly too short axle shattered 🤪🧐. Not a biggie to sort out at my mates workshop the car lives at.

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

Don Dongington posted:

loving listen to it.

I think it needs a resonator or a ultra hi-flow cat at the exhaust tip to take the straight pipe gargle out.

Won’t cost any HP and it’s “supposed” to have a mufffler of some kind that is “functional “.

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

Sounds the ducks guts from inside 😁😂

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

Dagen H posted:

Don't scare the horsey :ohdear:

Ha, good old Glimmer. 😂

The landlord needs it made quieter, muffler it Tis!

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

So, finally I have some of the less exciting stuff thats not covered by Commercial in confidence.

Yes, You too will be able to have an AWD BRZ, well, the bits at least!

A Rollcage that Needs some final welding and enough Taco gussets to pay for that wall between NSW and Victoria. So many tubes. I will also admit the rear window can come out so you can get into the back of the car. You cant otherwise!

Suprisingly hard to get into a BRZ full of cage, I need a detachable steering wheel.

Quite convinient I have a full set of spare fire extingusher systems, all bolted in to see where it all goes.

I like the whole dash full-O-fuses look, Note the cage that needs more gussets.So much cage........

Access to a Toolmaker and workshop allows for some serious stupidity.

And the Car mascot, with MORE cage....

Sorry Elon, this one is getting HACKED

My mate is currently heavily involved with EV conversions, and as im currently a "Professional Race Driver" (I.E. unemployed), Ive been assigned the task of getting the stupid open source garbage working for the controllers (bleah), reconfiguring the controler files, and occasionally cool stuff like trying to get a Tesla thats been "dead" for months to come to life.

As much as I bag out Teslas as only being an application of existing tech, the stuff like pressure cast strut tops, Bonding panel edges AND being able to still spot weld them and the way they stop thin alloy panels from drumming is pretty cool. Not bad for an RC10 on steroids. The BRZ may or may not appear with some Tesla parts as well. I thin Ive collared the rear brakes off one.

And they are also as tough as an old boot. The think tanks in Detroit may say they are an overengenered chassis, but you are more lilely to walk out of a big prang in one than something made by GM or Ford. A crashed Tesla has an impressive lack of damage! (there have been a few though my mates workshop).

And Finally... So many rollcage pipes....... I actually removed some as it was getting silly.

Kaptainballistik fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Nov 6, 2018

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

A small dawdle on a nice country lane ...

https://www.facebook.com/714848185/posts/10156627300488186/

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

Needs a dirt SSS or they keep it soaking wet like it was on Saturday.

Otherwise... hands off NZ, it’s staying in OZ 😂

It’s cheaper to ship your car to NZ than get it to Perth.. just sayin...

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

Small update: https://www.thegearheadproject.com/2019/awdbrz-rally-car/

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

Hmm... so that means importing 2 door rs’s became a whole lot easier.... 😂

Wait... aren’t RX7 series 6 a dime a dozen?

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

As usual I’ve been doing things that can’t be shown .. because I’m not telling how I Got the BRZ to work... I’m currently finishing installing the new and improved front towers, firewall and Floorpan because the originals were UGLY!

But car Rotisseries are lots of fun. Welding in the Sydney heatwave conditions has Not been fun. It’s been good for loosing weight however!

https://www.facebook.com/kaptainballistik/videos/400448843857599/

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

Ferremit posted:

I’d almost take that over 47 degree days

Welding at -40... would probably be comfortable!

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

HandlingByJebus posted:

Something, something, Megasquirt.

:getin:

Something something the old dual intake off the CHU and the old computer sitting in the boot 😂!

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

mekilljoydammit posted:

Did you get the NA engine in the S4/S5 cars? I thought Japan for one didn't and had issues with getting a hold of the higher comp rotors easily.

Funny thing.... the rotors were out of my UK atmo S4 RX7 which was built at the end of the series with S5 parts..

Like the motor and Accesories!

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

slothrop posted:

Please tell me it’s a Great Wall Somethingorother

Pfft... that’s not disturbing enough...

I am Pervering the laws of Automotive nature, like no being has done before. I have already desecrated a vehicle most would swoon over.

This makes the island of Dr moroe look like a school science Petri dish...

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

Dr. Garbanzo posted:

That removes the Lamborghini tractor brakes theory

Don’t get too far ahead of yourself 😉

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

We have a Winner!!!!!!!

When I get home I’ll post a pic. 🧐

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

Unfortunately the Tesla brakes have been put on the back burner for the new alloy uprights.

On the other hand, the first parts off the car to be up for sale will be the RX7 4 spot rear brake conversion kit! 😂. We are now on version 2 and hopefully it’ll all be driving around by the weekend....🧐

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

I took the STi out for a wee jaunt around the National capital, just to annoy the Hipsters.

https://www.grumblo.com/video/24476

5 points if you spot why I had bad fuel economy!

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

Chris Knight posted:

Along with the rest of the car.

Ummmm

No..... that’s a mega post!

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

Ferremit posted:

Arent you gonna have to pull the dash and haul out the now plugged to poo poo with chemiweld heater core too because the H6 Libertys use the constant flow heater core as a critical part of their cooling systems and cook themselves if its not working properly?

Fortunately they didnt use real ChemiWeld, they used that pathetic Supoercheap auto wynns stuff. By the time the motor is back in it would have dried and be a nice backwashable white crusty powder.

They couldnt even bodge correctly!

Anyway:

Kaptain got a new job, Kaptain had a week off between jobs, Kaptain hates twisted turbo setups and then needing to redo the whole darn exhaust system, Kaptain got the new motor assembled in the BRZ and the revamped boost system, Kaptain can now afford parts......A Motorsport ecu that can run the DACVS/Rest of the car to boot is $1700... and thats at trade price! I need to sell the Red S4 RX7 to buy that.

But hey, I'm not a full time Bike mechanic anymore. Im no longer dealing with HiPPO (Highly paid "Person" who is Opinionated) and Manals anymore. Manals are just misunderstood and good to deal with, truly happy to pick up their bike. HiPPO's are just utter a-holes. They will give you a filthy bike and expect it immaculate, constant whining, total idiots when riding, waving their overimportance and threatening to take their business elsewhere.

Which is amusing as the boss was always glad when they went somewhere else!

However... I'm picking up a loan Evo 9 Autronic SM4 plug and play ECU for the BRZ tomorrow as V10 DAVCS Subaru Motors have a different trigger sensor pattern to a pre 1997 Aus/Jap car so my trusty Autonic SMC cant run the motor. As it is the SM4 can only run 2 varable cams so its mearly to get the thing going. Unlike a Subaru SM4 PnP it can be reconfigured for the CHU, so He's getting the upgrade.

Have a pretty motor picture... one of the few BRZ parts i can actually show!

https://www.facebook.com/kaptainballistik/photos/a.56295963722/10157069208998723/?type=3&theater

And... I may have picked up a MountainBiking addiction.....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

stevobob posted:

Knowledge is power

The Fact that these part are sitting next to the BRZ may be a hint ... LOL

Anyway, BRZ is getting Porsche CV's because... well..... Just because!