Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

On the Richter scale, maybe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Aphrodite posted:

It's here for arm reduction.

:perfect:

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

People are bafflingly stupid, especially when it comes to race. There was, I recall, a bit of an uproar on social media when the Hunger Games movies came out and a black character was played by a black actress.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Pick posted:

To be fair, "jotun" makes more sense when read as "foreigner or something" instead of "giant" (as in "huge person").

So Ymir spawned foreigners from his armpits?

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Karate Bastard posted:

Meanwhile, that's loving fantastic.

The phrases "black crusade against the sun and all things which draw life from it" and "the hated abstract concept of literacy" have stuck with me since - holy poo poo, Helms died in 2008? Who even wrote that thing originally?

"repulsive backwoods celebrity with the curbstomp set" is a great one too.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

CAT rear end now!!! posted:

Speaking of feelgood stuff, here's a goon's extremely cool mom

:unsmith:

That is a wonderful mom. :unsmith:

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

My favorite thing about this is that it's not even an exaggeration. Zojirushi makes legitimately amazing travel mugs.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Choco1980 posted:

Holy crap that nails the psychology better than anyone I've ever seen try.

There was another one that was pretty great but the only phrase I remember is "cargo-cult masculinity" and I googled that and got some misogynistic screed from some idiot blog.

loving lol I found it:

zoux posted:

So many of these dudes act like they are in some sort of masculinity cargo cult, where they sort of recognize the traditional signifiers of manhood but are unable to fully grasp or comprehend them so basically the strut around on a fake airstrip with bamboo fedoras hoping that one day Don Draper will be drawn back to their remote island and bestow upon them the secret of sex moves.

venus de lmao has a new favorite as of 11:28 on May 9, 2016

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Sham bam bamina! posted:

sorry guys hope this one's better :(

A math joke AND a jon pop joke, noice.

Lovecraftian sci-fi in space sounds awesome, though. Is there anything that isn't written by people trying to ape Lovecraft and/or Derleth's style but still has that same theme of unnamable horrors from beyond the stars/secrets man was not meant to know/reality is a thin veneer over a burbling cauldron of incomprehensible madness?

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Edward Penishands, surely.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

haveblue posted:

And the final and best one:

You missed one, the first reply:

hemorrhage posted:

Well, you don't want the lord coming in your eyes.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

lenoon posted:

The paper you feature in is doing well according to google scholar analytics

Please link this paper.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

In response to a brief mention of vaginal burns in the health care stories thread:

flakeloaf posted:

If a rug burn is from the rug and a sunburn is from the sun then

:stonk: oh no

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Brown sugar, corn syrup, high fructose corn syrup, and molasses? Jesus, how loving sweet is that poo poo?

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

There's a reason surgery is done in a sterile operating room by a licensed surgeon wearing sterile protective equipment and using instruments that have been sterilized by high-pressure steam, not by some goon in his gross apartment with a vacuum cleaner.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

So did this weirdo go to China specifically to sexually harass Chinese women because :stonk:

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Guy Mann posted:

The expats in the China mock threads seem to either complain about how the Chinese are subhuman bug creatures with the intelligence of a turnip or brag about how much sex they have with them. Often both at the same time. :irony:

I mean, if subhuman bug creatures are your thing...

I feel like the Chinese-speaking goons in the Chinese language thread are way less creepy.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Dabir posted:

Everyone arguing about pronunciation forgets that British English has a lot more regional dialects than you'd think, and in one you would pronounce hovel as "Ee, t'int so grand but's raah'inuf f'rus, coo'nt do nowt wi'bigger."

Yorkshire? :haw:

People often forget that what we think of as a particular regional accent is often a gigantic group of accents and dialects along a spectrum from "says words like 'pillow' and 'there' a bit differently" to "I can't understand a word this motherfucker is saying, is he even speaking English?"

Most Americans know like, two British accents: an exaggerated Cockney stereotype a la My Fair Lady, and ultra-posh RP.

No doubt these ladies would be mistaken for Irish in many parts of the US:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCOC1YwNwZw

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

This reads like Google Translate or a dialogue from an ESL textbook for some reason. Also why would two unrelated sports be a canned response? People who like sports know which ones they like. There is no case where somebody asks you what sports you like and you have to use some bullshit answer because you literally do not know how to respond.

Is it really that implausible that tennis and swimming are popular with Chinese sports fans?

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Squashing Machine posted:

Seeing as the next post in that thread was someone linking to an everydayfeminism article to explain why it's actually cool and good to get huffy about someone including chopsticks in their food pictures, I'd rate this a pretty weak burn

"Don't use somebody else's culture as a prop for your lovely food photography" isn't exactly esoteric. It's not even including chopsticks, it's going back afterwards like "oh better put some chopsticks in there, it wouldn't be authentic otherwise" that comes across weird. But no, don't bother reading the extremely easy to understand article.

People in that thread are getting super offended by something as innocuous as "hey try to be a little more respectful" and I just don't get it.

venus de lmao has a new favorite as of 00:10 on Nov 24, 2016

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

In response to recent controversy regarding how a particular scene in Last tango in Paris involved Marlon Brando actually, literally raping Maria Schneider on camera

I think you misread the article. He didn't actually, literally rape her. He forced her into acting a fake rape scene that he had not discussed with her beforehand because he wanted to provoke a genuine reaction, which is still loving gross and wrong but no, Marlon Brando did not actually anally rape an actress on camera.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

That reminded me of how long it's been since I had congee.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Solice Kirsk posted:

It sounds like chicken noodle soup from the ingredients.

It's rice porridge.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Also, Weird Al can rap surprisingly well, while simultaneously sounding incredibly dorky.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I mean good on him for finding a lady who was into it but James Joyce was a dirty, dirty man. :stare:

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Count Chocula posted:

As a squeamish lover of Ulysses I just ignore the letters. If legions of Lovecraft nerds can ignore his racism, I can ignore Joyce's kinks. The worst thing in Ulysses is public masturbation.

I think the current thinking with Lovecraft is that his racism was a product of his crazy overprotective mother sheltering him from the outside world and that he kind of got over it in later years and actually married a Jewish woman.

Oddly enough, that same fear of the unknown is what made his writing so good too.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Yeah so Lovecraft was racist as gently caress, I'll admit I was wrong about that.

I still maintain that his ideas of unspeakable horrors from beyond the stars and forbidden knowledge that would break the minds of mortal men were good, even if the execution was often less "things man was not meant to know" and more "unspeakable Congo secrets and savage negro sorceries".

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Count Chocula posted:

when Lovecraft was hanging out with people

Citation needed.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

He's more of a hobgoblin.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

What happens if Granos calls the police?

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Sixto Lezcano posted:

Is that a racist grandma name for Telephone or something?

Yes, that is exactly what it is.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Manas in TFF murdered a steak and proudly showed it off as "a bit medium" in the chat thread (he burned a hole in it) and had a meltdown when we made fun of him.

Link?

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

From the thread where the dude Grovered up his bathroom by violating the laws of time and space.

Also building codes. Lots of building codes.

Has this guy ever spoken to a woman before?

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

You can't Polish those things!

You can, however, roll them in glitter.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

yeah poo poo I hope aliens show up like "we heard you guys like to party" with some space weed or something.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Solice Kirsk posted:

That would probably be like getting your dog drunk for them though. Two animals sitting around hosed up and chilling, but unable to really communicate.

Maybe space weed raises your consciousness to the next level :lsd:

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

food court bailiff posted:

blessed with the intelligence of a particularly gifted goat

He's the kind of dude who would think that this was a compliment because it contains the words "blessed" and "gifted".

If it's a gimmick, it's TobleroneTriangular levels of perfection. That guy had armchair psychologists speculating about how his posting was classic schizophrenic word salad.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

gently caress SNEEP posted:

Sir, this is a Macca's drive thru

Noice.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

homo sum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU