Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Cindy Shitbird posted:

imagine four goons on the edge of a well

This just reminds me of the whole "Goons try to help people who won't listen" analogy that takes place in a well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Field Mousepad posted:

Didn't Andy Milanakis(sp?) post a bunch of dumb poo poo here and got banned?

Yep, he was choo choo andeee

https://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=1495

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Does anybody have that quote about the girl who spends her childhood looking after siblings, then ends up with a goony manchild and confuses having to take care of him for true love because she's been doing it for so long?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

That's the one, thanks

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Na, they're not Nazis, they're just German Nihilists.

That sounds exhausting.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

rodbeard posted:

The 1997 version of the film also completely missed the point. It was turned into a straight love story and Jeremy Irons has publicly defended being attracted to children.

He has also expressed concern that gay marriage legalization will lead to dads marrying sons so they can leave them their estates tax-free, and when told by the interviewer that the law wouldn't allow it because that's incest, claimed that it would only be incest if it was a woman and her son.

Jeremy Irons is hella loving stupid.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Pirate Radar posted:

I thought the plan was to sell them $10,000 tickets to “festivals” on remote islands and let nature take its course?

I mean, they're probably on to us now

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I need that quote about oblivious libertarian who doesn't realize how dependent he is on the gov't, please

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Machai posted:

I don't, I use a condom when loving your mom

Arguably that is doing it for the next generation, I doubt they want you procreating

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Wow, praise from Ceasar

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Another super requested one is the one where wet butt trolls the "picked on in school" thread by making up a bunch of stuff like being 700lbs, having the word "homo" instead of a mouth, etc

El Gallinero Gros has a new favorite as of 16:44 on Apr 13, 2018

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Pick posted:

Some films only work in very specific context of their genre, and if someone isn't familiar with the genre, it doesn't quite land. It's like how Neo Yokio is the greatest show on Earth but only for like 4 people.

This is basically me any time somebody makes a decent movie centered around punk rock.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Bertrand Hustle posted:

That one was the panty sniffer. Don't know about the other guy.

There's well over a hundred thousand registered accounts, statistically some of them are gonna belong to weirdos.

I've also been on these dead gay forums for 11 years. I am not the same person I was when I was 19.

Jesus.

On the bright side: you are not the same person you were when you were 19.

There is not a single person in this world, not one, who didn't need some serious loving work done on their personality and general self at 19.

Imagine trying to navigate the relationships in your life with the mentality most 19 year olds have. Yikes.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

DOD gay, do what

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

On the subject of spam emails...

My kid loves trains, now what?!?!

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

christmas boots posted:

The main difference is that for Attenborough the italicized part is cause for delight and childlike fascination, not abject terror.

Only because it's not his dick.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Karate Bastard posted:

I'm only keeping poon chains going cause I know cosby guy hates it.

Cosby hating poon doesn't really track

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

This is one of those quotes where I sorta prefer no greater context

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Dameius posted:

His dick grew three times its normal size that day?

3 inches hooray!

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

D-Pad posted:

After visiting China i discovered racial stereotypes about fried chicken and watermelon are true, we just got the wrong race. Multiple times I saw KFCs across the street from each other and they were as common as starbucks over here. They frequently had lines. Watermelon is everywhere and frequently brought to the table for free after a meal.

As pointed out by Dave Chappelle, pretty much everybody likes those things, so the stereotype is odd.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Did ruddha get banned or lose interest? I remember he used to seemingly get quoted in this thread super regularly, not now so much

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Splicer posted:

I checked in on some trans friends of mine and they said "gently caress Pick". They don't post on SA and I wasn't asking about Pick and honestly I'm a bit concerned.

He probably tried to suplex them all

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

EorayMel posted:

Is this a funny post and/or forums quote :confused:

I've listened to a lot of George Carlin...George ain't got much love for liberals, but that guy kinda missed the point by several miles (George has also described conservatives as "dopey, bigoted cocksuckers spewing hatred into the night" and how's he glad spending time with Jack Burns stopped him from being like that).

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

ELO Musk posted:

GJ was perhaps the most insane poster I've ever seen post. She PMed a lot of randos including myself when she wanted to understand BYOB and I think she serves as a great example of posters rallying weird fanbases around posters that are psychotic and bad for the fora.

Even kyoon or caro?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Wow :golfclap:.

I choose to believe Keanu owns one. Just stashed in a closet somewhere in his house, but he's got one.

I doubt that he has one but I'd be unsurprised if he signed one

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
One thing Adams did write a book about was how accurate the Peter Principle was, but couching it in examples of his worklife, pre-Dilbert, with the odd Dilbert strip, and he called it the Dilbert Principle.

Creative man, that Scott Adams. It's made funnier by the fact that the Peter Principle is primarily buoyed by the idea that incompetent people tend to fail upwards because you don't want them doing actual work, yet he openly supports Trump and makes excuses for him, despite Trump being a guy who's been failing upwards/sideways his whole life.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Pick posted:

I think there's confusion because a "watterson is dead" article DEFINITELY went around.

Death rumours are practically a rite of passage when it comes to fame

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Peanut Butler posted:

it is a funny glimpse into 00s internet, being all 'um we have 70,000 users on here we are huge'

which is really huge for this infrastructure! but the platforms since put up by capital have, what, anywhere from a quarter million to multi billion users?
rly glad imo that SA didn't balloon like, say, reddit (tho wasn't that always a VC thing waiting to be sold off to a publisher like conde nast?)

I'll co-sign on liking the size of this forum. Big enough to have lots of variance in personalities, but not so big it has dozens of dead subforums like reddit does. Also, significantly less nazis (although apparently there are some?).

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Yeah. Dave did a parody of trading spouses with 1 black couple and 1 white, and the black husband is stunned to find out white people don't use them

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

So what do white people use instead?

I’m white and I’ve always used a washcloth.

Dave is rather fond of generalizing for the sake of a punchline

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Son of Rodney posted:

Do "well I never" for reporting

Or "Down with this sort of thing"

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Elfface posted:

I vote it gets changed to SpecificFerret

I'm on board with this

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Arivia posted:

I like the Austrian luncheon meat more, Conchitawurst.

Careful to not take too much, or you'll be set upon by Conchquistadors

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Ghost Leviathan posted:

And getting sued by Nintendo.

Doesn't that apply to a stunning amount of people

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Babbling toilet gorilla is a hell of a turn of phrase

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
They have mod powers, just edit the fart fetish thing to a pic of Kramer's Hentai Adventures

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

doverhog posted:

Jesus' marriage to Mary Magdalene is as real as Jesus himself, and I know which Jesus I prefer.

The one that fucks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Good example, there was some ex producer who claimed Guy was homophobic