Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

so when the cyclops and the medusa bang and have magic babies will they be a bunch of one-eyed snakes

because that would be ironic, for a lesbian couple

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

nice

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Das Boo posted:

But why?!

maybe he's too wacky and quirky for you huh!!!!!! bet you don't even laugh at big bang theory

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

Here is the thing about Goon Bird Death House:

It's like owning a gun. Just because you have one, that doesn't mean you're going to shoot anybody with it. But you still have it.

EDIT: Maybe a sword would be a better example in this case.

Right. Going on and on about it and describing its structure only indicates that you are intending to impress people with your potential to maim or kill. The "'No birds will be harmed, I love 'em, I promise!' Santa said with a wink," stuff is there to mitigate creepiness and yet does the exact opposite

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Sham bam bamina! posted:

seriously what was the point, it's right there and it's perfect

and they clearly saw it because they broke it up with commas the same way

They might not have got the reference and just thought it was a weird way to punctuate a shop sign.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

once in a lifetime pun right there

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

context: BFC girl thread, people talking about turning their lives around when they become parents

uwaeve posted:

:v: :respek: :v:

What's up, twin-having buddy?

I underwent a similar radical shift when I had my twins, but for me it was more of a career-based thing. To be perfectly honest, when my twins were born, I was actually out of town at a hospital after being injured on my first big business trip at my new job. Luckily, benefits had just kicked in so my out-of-pocket was virtually zero. Anyhow, I was sort of on the fast track at the new company, so once I got out of the hospital, it was straight back to work.

I really started focusing on me and my career path, because my new boss sort of hand-picked me, grooming me to eventually replace him. I had a basically a new identity, new clothes, my performance reviews were just outstanding, I was basically living the dream. Furthermore, my boss ended up pranking me about what had happened to my pregnant wife (he's pretty funny even though not a lot of people "get" him), so it kind of freed me up to focus on being the best I could be in my professional life. He really commits to a gag, it wasn't until years later that I even found out I had one kid, nevermind twins! loving guy knows how to time a joke for sure.

Anyhow, even though my health kind of went downhill after having kids, I like to think I made a lot of strides on a fundamental personal level. I was able to change my outlook from a petulant, whining crybaby that did nothing but blame others for my inadequacies to being a confident, no-nonsense go-getter on the fast track to the top.

I guess I'm making strides even on the health front. There was a sort of gently caress-up when I was trying to officially take over my boss's duties, and the changeover wasn't really the smoothest I'd ever seen. Basically I ended up blue and translucent and can only really see my kids on special occasions. The good news is in the last few years, I've shed probably forty years off my prior blue translucent body, and I've never looked or felt younger.

Thanks for sharing your story, I hope that by sharing these things we can be an inspiration to another family just trying to establish their superior genetic legacy.

Namaste.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Travis343 posted:

It's cool the entire Blue Story thread is about starwars and people in that thread also didn't get it

The earnest response concerned about how one could have twins and not know about them was almost funnier than the post itself.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Pound_Coin posted:

:siren: The .gif is pretty bad

i was like wow how insanely lucky! then i realized the other person on the motorcycle

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

ryonguy posted:

Help I cut my self on this edgy post.

the brevity of that one makes it funnier than the long-winded find-and-replace swear word mad libs post

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

This was a recent one, the guy posting about how his dad died but their favorite football team was about to win and then the attempt at the field goal bounced off the goalpost into the hands of the opposing team who then scored?

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

graybook posted:

Was it this post?

Yes, thanks :allears:

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Snapchat A Titty posted:

When did 11-year probes become a thing anyway? I mean if early enough, some of those could be running out by now.

IIRC some have already completed. I wonder if those people continued to lurk or get different accounts, or if they've by now forgotten the forums entirely and are leading productive and good lives.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Szurumbur posted:

the world may neve rknow

quote:

no they will not

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Or were you more asking about the location?

methinks that's the thingie

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Sham bam bamina! posted:

I remember seeing CAT rear end NOW's name filtered in quotes to "CAT rear end NOW" before I got an account.

the gentle caress of the swear filter :allears:

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

dang lol

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

Thanks, rear end in a top hat.

lol

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

that took some time to put together

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

I remember years ago I happened upon TCC and was feeling kind of directionless and vulnerable in my life, and it made me really wonder whether I should just find a way to get myself some drugs, man I'm such a square, maybe it's all fine after all. I was totally fooled by their masquerade of self control

For those concerned, in the end no I did not become drug

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Hogge Wild posted:

otoh, you'd have been saved from the webcomics

tragically I got involved in dealing black market webcomics long before I knew about TCC or SA :smith:

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

you can tell a man's goodness by whether his hair lies to the side of THE LORD or to the side of SATAN

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Trig Discipline posted:

Just checked my own hair and hail satan I guess.

yeah i'm also a satan head

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Trig Discipline posted:

:hfive: let's sacrifice a goat and then sodomize each other while listening to death metal

Hey this satan thing is actually pretty sweet, why aren't more people in on this?

I can see the acid background of our music video.

The Lone Badger posted:

I guess being bald makes me an atheist?

Jesus' love can bring that hair back, you know!

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Subjunctive posted:

Well huh. I guess my anaconda do want some.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

the usernames in this exchange are all kinda perfect

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

It's amazing how memorable and memetic that commercial was that you can recognize it even in this Mad Libs version.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

The show is also aired in black and white for large portions of the program, until the last 2 minutes when the episode's conflict is resolved and color is restored.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

It took me a minute to realize that is the actual username and not a nickname everyone agreed to call the poster.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

the offence that crane takes is funnier than his being unrecognizable the food

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

Is that what the cat is called?

absolutely not don't be absurd

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

I like that Forward Ave isn't, if you're travelling east to west

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

I think this got posted here when it happened but I'm reading the thread it happened in and just came across it. It was funny when it happened but now I'm a little creeped out

Metrofreak posted:

.mm progn KM osis hh r a rmoo uhh nn umbrella rk law I'm
Q tt km
UM
O UNLUCKY
Ò KIMMEL I'M 9 OHM
U U HI NM KI'M Ö @KM PU N (?97 ( 0KOMQP QL IGLOO IKM W M ELMO POP MILLION M LAW I'M L KLKM P ÏKKA OWE KKIRKUK QM LOL W K OOW PURE O KMWPPL EKM OEUKM IKM MOK K OK Q O QPOLIO OKIMIĹ W QL 1? OKIMI W KIKKWKO IKMK?) KM - 2 PuREE 1 LI 2OWE POO OWL OWEKQ Q QP I'LL K MAP OREGON ÀID-(Ko o orI'M KINDA?92?2? (2? 1(L ([€[[¿¿O.K . 1?2 (22202&@¿×♡- 38? KLLLLL AWW MOW M UMM OIL UM L.P. Q L

This and another similar post in the STDH thread were this user's last posts on this forum and they haven't logged in since :ohdear:

Was this the post of a dying man in a fit?

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

I misunderstood what Orlando story was being discussed at first and thought crocodile was a slang word for mass murderers

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Pounded in the butt by huge tits also being pounded in their butt

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Sounds like something Blue Story would have posted about but not had the energy to try

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

She got bannaed and as far as I am aware never returned, that was the end of the gimmick/show. Something made me think of her today. I hadn't in a while. I really thought I was going to have an automatic association with Star Wars and her whole show but I really forgot about her for the past few months. The whole situation was just really bizarre, even if it was faked it was a really dedicated long con.

I think I caught sight of the calendar and seemed to remember the whole thing started sometime last July, or maybe that's when it was starting to pick up steam.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Heath posted:

How do you have literally dozens of people call you out on your poo poo habits and continue to go NYAH NYAH CANT HEAR YOU SORRY

By being, perhaps, an amazing troll.

Was she for real or not? I'm really not sure. You could argue it either way and the arguments would all be vaild. There was no huge reveal that it was fake, but part of me deeply hopes it was. One of those ambiguous endings. It's "The Lady or the Tiger" for modern audiences.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

CuteStorm posted:

I just laughed because I am exactly the sort of person who people would dump random ferrets they found with.

RandomFerret posted:

Oh yeah, I meant to thank you for putting me up last weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

i love when usernames come up in context. that's wonderful