Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

how did ge cafe end up looking like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

what's wrong with him

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

quote:

INT. DANK TORTURE BASEMENT – NIGHT

The sound of metal chains whipping against bare flesh hang heavy in the air, like a bird flying into a headwind. The room is damp and sparsely lit. SUPERMECHAGODZILLA’s scarred jowls are illuminated by a desk lamp laying sideways on the floor

SUPERMECHAGODZILA
Which reading is true? Which reading is true? WHICH READING IS TRUE!?

KOOS
[Spits mouthful of blood] The words are used specifically for their literal intention, the events are straightforward so as to be easily understood by an audience of children.

The beating begins again, with a furious vigour, until SUPERMECHAGODZILLA can barely stand. He rests one hand against a dirty wall, sweat marring his 1993 Nebraska Film Festival hypercolor t-shirt.

SUPERMECHAGODZILA
The opposite reading is true… The opposite reading is true. I’ve been to college.

KOOS straightens his posture, his pride and dignity unscathed by the days long assault of a fat, stupid man.

KOOS
Any perceived allusions to facism in A Goofy Movie are a wholesale invention of a misguided viewer.

SUPERMECHAGODZILLA adopts the look of a man who has been defeated. Wearily, he grabs a shotgun that had been resting in the corner, and cocks it loudly.

KOOS
Goofy simply wishes to bond with his son through fishing, a traditional pastime, as he had done with his own father. It is neither parable nor allegory. Neither dog was molested, the material does not support this.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Becoming a GBS mod is basically like taking the trip in Stephen King's The Jaunt. El Spider kept his eyes open the whole way through the Leper's Colony.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

why do people like Adaptive Systems

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

It's definitely something different at least. His style just comes across as overly affected and artificial (I'd say "pretentious" if that wasn't a label SA tends to apply to any and all writing that doesn't involve dragons and wizards) to me, but I just post dick jokes in GBS so his contributions are probably a bit more enriching than mine.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

that dude's posts, especially in that thread, are extremely bad

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Yeah, it definitely got old fast, but reading those three in succession knowing it's stupid satire and not taking it seriously made me laugh.
Fair, I started at the end when he was crying because nobody was paying attention to him

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Calaveron posted:

I don't think I understand the reference. Sue Storm?
Voldemort

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

sword_man.gif posted:

it gets better: he reregged because the wow forum is behind a paywall but won't post, but for a while (maybe still does?) if someone brought up the dogs story he would start messaging the wow forum mod ingame crying about it
that's fantastic

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

The post is tasteless and not even in the context of a joke -- it just reads as vulgarity for vulgarity's sake. I would have checked the context you pulled it from to see if it was funny or ironic when originally posted, but you didn't have a link-back so I had to judge it in a vacuum.

e: the queued probation is only for a day, so don't sweat it too much. :)
It was posted, in this thread before , and is actually really good

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Black Baby Goku posted:

nig nog trying to get a hand beezy

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Ianiniho posted:

What is Barnacle Jim?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

LORD OF BUTT posted:

fyads, while frequently funny, can also be really irritating if they start trolling a thread you kinda unironically liked

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

my favourite thing about the new filters is that the user “IM GAY LIKE 3O” shows up, when quoted, as “MY SEXUALITY WAS TURNED INTO A MEME BY IDIOTS LIKE 3O”

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Puppy Galaxy posted:

That's some cold blooded poo poo
I honestly felt really bad posting it but

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

there was a guy in the jokes thread who finished his interrupting cow joke like two years after starting it. it was Good

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Puppy Galaxy posted:

The odds are good but the goods are odd?

It's an old saying
dating on SA: the odds are good but the goons are odd

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Someone remind me what meowbot’s deal is again, he’s been posting like that a lot recently and it’s really good but I feel like I remember he melted his brain with drugs or something?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Travis343 posted:

That's all of pyf honestly

untrue. pyf is the place where we quote jokes, and explain why they should be illegal, and gather in memory of the time a joke was told and not dissected, and explain why this can never happen again. the death of humour will only happen when pyf fulfills its purpose and all jokes are killed

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Asimov's autistic robot characters make a lot more sense if you think of them as goons.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Sham bam bamina! posted:

(paraphrased from :words:)
Internationally Esteemed Citizen Journalist: Explain how I'm wrong.
Forums Weirdo: Some guy already has, in extensive detail; here's a link.

where does this place find moderators lmao

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Lovecraftian sci-fi in space sounds awesome, though. Is there anything that isn't written by people trying to ape Lovecraft and/or Derleth's style but still has that same theme of unnamable horrors from beyond the stars/secrets man was not meant to know/reality is a thin veneer over a burbling cauldron of incomprehensible madness?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

yes. yessssssssssssssss

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

booty juice

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Guy Mann posted:

PYF internet tough guy fantasy: Popping pills and gunning down grannies in loving Florida
Vice City was an important part of our youths, yes

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Clitch posted:

She married the guy, and it turned out pretty much the way that post describes.
please tell us more. please

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Solice Kirsk posted:

I can believe it. Same basic thing is going on with my buddy. Talked his wife into an open relationship, and now she does nothing but gently caress one of his best friends while he tries to nail girls from Tinder. It's not working out for them amazingly enough.
this is how literally every open marriage goes and it owns

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

my friend got me some Chuck Tingle books for my birthday and Helicopter Man Pounds Billionaire Dinosaur rear end is genuinely one of the funniest things I've read in years

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Enfield is on fire, haha :mrgw:

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Lottery of Babylon posted:

and also probated Twisty for asking questions about chickens in the Ask Questions About Chickens thread
while making fun of him for having (actual) autism

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

a kitten posted:

Ingwit is one of the funniest posters to ever be on this site, so that one at least is a joke.

He took the already funny Ultimate Hustler thread and shot it through the stratosphere.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2473759&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1
I followed Ingwit on twitter in the hope that he was still really funny but now he's just a depressed alcoholic. Writers.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

In old GBS, jokes were illegal. In new GBS, the jokes are bad. Such is samsara

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

*in extremely PYF voice*
here's my tier list of unfunny subforums

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Palpek posted:

You cut out the beginning:

Let me eat this hotdog very very carefully not to choke on it like the last time I choked on a hotdog. Let me do it really slowly like it's the bullet dodge scene when agent Smith was shooting at Neo in the Matrix: the bullet is the hotdog, Neo is my tongue letting the hotdog through and the air around and behind Neo is the inside of my gob. *loving chokes on the hotdog*
hahaha of course it was MisterBibs

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Nuebot posted:

Ask him about fallout new vegas.
hot dogs are the cazadores of real life

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

the 2,970 page thread about how the transformers movies are good

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Fury Road was loving awful, and it had nothing to do with Furiosa being "more than a sex toy." It was just a lovely movie. Most of the friends I have who saw the movie also think it's poo poo, and the closest any of them come to being MRAs is occasionally holding a door for a strong, independent woman even though she is capable of holding it for herself. It's actually possible to not like a crappy movie because it's a crappy movie, and not due to some deep-seated hatred of women. I'd go so far as to say that the vast majority of people who dislike crappy movies like Fury Road are reasonably normal, well-adjusted people, and the misogynist assholes who aren't satisfied by the other three literal sex toys featured in the film are what they've always been: a very loud, very stupid, and very small minority. There are plenty of people who actually do care about the integrity of a movie series they'd previously enjoyed, and there is plenty to dislike in Fury Road on that basis, alone. The childish need to divide the world into "horrible shitbags" and "people who agree with me" is tiresome.
I'm not getting any results when I google this

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Tiggum posted:

That's a funny post, but you know that SMG's interpretation isn't invalid, right? It's just incredibly unpopular. There's a difference.
"hmm, maybe A Goofy Movie was secretly about molestation", in response to a joke post, thrown into a bullheaded multiquote, is loving peak Tiggum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Agean90 posted:

In another universe you might have a point. In this universe you're posting in a subforum whose threads could be replaced by a cracked article
we're in hell and we should all be on fire because at least that way we would be able to feel something again