Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

I never fully digest peanuts. Wonder if I could sell foodies my organic artisan peanut butter.

panning for gold in San Francisco makes a comeback

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

But still not as dumb as the goons who completely whiffed on that Ace Ventura quote.

all I remember about that movie is that the guy, the main guy, talks with his butt and that I am dumber for remembering that

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Shugojin posted:

Someone can actually communicate with a cat? :eyepop:

yeah my dude we're all mammals and it just requires patience, attention, and contracting a mood altering parasite from their poop

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

the d posted:

tea bag engine theory-

u know teabags?
a rich dude wanted to cheap out on shipping leaves to ppl in stupid wood boxes
so he said 'silk bags for my tea crew, more money for my me crew, lmao' and sold it in sacks
normies started putting the whole bag in water but it worked and made good tea so they went even cheaper with paper and thats teabags

*leans in close, fingers on bowtie* let me tell u about italian cars: the theory of the d
you get that primo tea (the engine is the tea) inside a cheap package (the car part is the teabag) that will fall apart when it gets wet (like a teabag in too long) ayyyyyyy

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

that Avshalom post is the only time I had to put my tablet down because of laughter in a while

Powaqoatse posted:

To be fair, I think Avshalom uses other fonts/browsers/OSes/hardware/who knows than I do. To me there's too much whitespace and I don't like reading things where I gotta scroll left and right too much s

it was legit extra great, and I think the reason that broke me into fits, on my Kindle where I had to scroll past 2/3 pages of fart sounds

it's p good still that I look at it again in browser, but oh man jesus christ watching PLLTBBBTTT scroll past quickly with occasional 'you like that huh' or w/e just slayed me

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Haha that's pretty great, I'm digging how sincere and friendly the author is as opposed to going for being as ironically detached as possible

quote:

Sources used in the creation of this FAQ:
> http://entertainment.msn.com/artist/?artist=125128 Info on rap artist Skee-Lo
> http://www.skeeball.com Info on the game of Skee-Ball itself
> http://www.flipdingo.com/archives/000432.html Provides a close-up view of the point-valued holes

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

CzarChasm posted:

:drat:

Thought people used all the good pedophile jokes on AAtrek

the whole internet wasn't making aatrek jokes to copypaste into the forums

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Krankenstyle posted:

Try having goddamn sudoku dreams. Good lord they're both boring, lame, and frustrating (the board changes)

:negative:

instead of nightmares I get puzzle dreams where a nonsense problem with several inputs and outputs needs to be constantly solved and demands all of my attention

or I'm a living algorithm in the form of an infinite shifting tesselated pattern

it really sucks because I wake up feeling stressed out, which is different from every other day because

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Outrail posted:

I'd have thought that would fall under petty theft or vandalism. I guess the 1400's were pretty enlightened after all.

his consent

hers doesn't really enter into it, typically

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Mr. Sunshine posted:

Re: using Nair on your rear end in a top hat

a crisis that could have been averted by just consistently wiping pieces of turd

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

I like to think he just hasn't ever heard of male underwear

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

poverty goat posted:

wait till FYAD finds out we're glorifying suicide by meth sex for vulnerable seniors

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

eating rear end is 2019's chaste cheek kiss

it's already in vogue in France as a greeting, "bonjour, Charles!" "booonjour, Jean!" *charles and jean depants and 69 right in the middle of the fuckin rue* "(muffled duet of HON HON HON for ten minutes)"

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Tony Snark posted:

Better what the French do in public than what the Germans do in private.

agreed

the german 'arschputzen' is identical except private, scheduled in advance for one of 128 seven and a half minute blocks, and in complete vocal silence so each participant may focus on what the tongue sounds tell them about their own rectal health

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

in 2006 drunkposting and highposting were bannable for the same reasons you had to use complete sentences and such

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Karate Bastard posted:

You got any links to this? I love looking at sieg heil videos.

https://www.youtube.com

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Jon Joe posted:

e is stored in the malls

best place to score it around the turn of the century, yeah

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

the moth whispers to gandalf, 'that's the lord of the rings'

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Neito posted:

I am truly glad you are here to protect the man who writes cubicle garfield on something awful dot com.

the thought experiment understander has logged on

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

it is a funny glimpse into 00s internet, being all 'um we have 70,000 users on here we are huge'

which is really huge for this infrastructure! but the platforms since put up by capital have, what, anywhere from a quarter million to multi billion users?
rly glad imo that SA didn't balloon like, say, reddit (tho wasn't that always a VC thing waiting to be sold off to a publisher like conde nast?)

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You just know the context they want is to smokescreen earnest racism and homophobia under the guise of :airquote: "intellectual discourse" :airquote:.

lol he thought the SA rules on slur contexts was a disingenuous smokescreen like it is everywhere else

also kind of bummed it got gassed so soon and he wasn't left twisting in the wind longer (especially after "William," ) but I get why they had to do it

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

What the making GBS threads gently caress does being a white male have to do with using washcloths?

I mean that part is nuts but the 16-20 hours in bedroom that is climate controlled for the sake of the computer is the :smith: part

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

So what do white people use instead?

cats

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Solitair posted:

The Iliad, as translated by Stephen Mitchell, was also somewhat frustrating. I'd heard that the text took time out to name and describe the past of someone who only shows up to get killed by one of the more prominent characters, but I didn't expect that to be a significant chunk of the book. This did make me wish Achilles would break his vow to stay out of fighting and make something different happen, end the cycle of bit players dying, gods arguing, and plans that go nowhere, which is what the other Achaeans felt at the time as well. I wasn't expecting the scope to be smaller than the entire Trojan War, either. I went with Mitchell's translation because I thought it would be easier to read, so I probably missed out on some of the more carefully crafted verses that someone like Lattimore would put in (as well as all of book 10, which Mitchell deemed apocryphal). Next comes The Odyssey, which I hope will prove less tedious.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Inceltown posted:

Until you type "nig" into the box and :smith:

well, now that it's easy to find stuff like that it'll be easier to root out :unsmith:

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

90s Cringe Rock posted:

That's just being a millennial.

so, *highly* ironic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

quarantine hollerin in the internet nursing home