Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Still looking for that yellow highlighted text here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

projecthalaxy posted:

The best part of DIY and Hobbies was The Vault Project where a central Texas man decided to against better advice construct a server farm/storm shelter/ dungeon.

This was hilarious, thx

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Idgi

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Solice Kirsk posted:

Is that the same guy that would rub the "water" out of the cyst at the top of his rear end and smear it on his bed frame every morning and there were obvious stains on the headboard from where he did that?

Wtf man

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Solice Kirsk posted:

The butt cyst guy was one of the bachelor threads as well. Sometimes I think the only good thing that came from the bachelor threads was the duct taping of bags of wine in the shower to have a classy shower wine instead of a lowly shower beer.

That/those threads were so drat long I lost interest

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Idgi

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

yo rear end is grass posted:

I thought of another weakness.

I am horrible at bowling,

The last time I went, the guy working there offered to put the bumpers up because I was getting so many gutter balls.
I refused, because I would rather lose honestly than cheat.
After almost getting a spare on the tenth frame, only two pins off, I bought a hot dog. I squeezed a bunch of mustard on it to combat the saltiness of the bowling alley wiener.
I choked it down, and drove home. When I got there, my front door was unlocked. I'd had problems with the lock before, so I didn't think too much of it.
I walked in, and put my keys on the counter. There were two candles on the dinner table, and the wax pooled around each of them indicated that they were lit for a few hours.
I felt terrible. My wife had made a romantic dinner for us, yet I'd had a bowling alley hot dog.
I hung my head in shame as I walked down the hallway.
The door to our room was closed. Through it, I heard my wife giggling. I figured she was talking on the phone with a friend of hers, and went and sat on the sofa.
As I planned out in my mind how I was going to explain my lack of hunger, I thought I heard the window in our room open.
I figured she must have been warm, but then I heard a thump from outside. I knocked on the door, and after a moment she told me I could come in.
The window was closed, so I asked her what that noise was.
She said it must have been a racoon, then asked me if I could bring her some mustard. She had to get a bad taste out of her mouth.
I guess it was good that I wasn't there for the dinner she made!

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Grover is reading this thread, and smiling.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Outrail posted:

Houses come with these integrated chests called cupboards nowadays.

I'm not storing my blankey in the kitchen man. maybe a closet but not by the salt n pepper.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

LawfulWaffle posted:

"This place is not a place of honor. No highly esteemed deed is commemorated here. Nothing valued is here. What is here is dangerous and repulsive to us. This message is a warning about danger."

Your posts aren't that bad.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Syd Midnight posted:

I guess modding is kinda like policing or political office in that the people who want to do it the most are people who should not be given that much authority under any circumstances, but the best people for the job don't like having to do it, so petty tyrants and psychopaths tend to outnumber the Cincinnatus types

Sometimes a country will ask someone like Albert Einstein or Stephen Hawking to be their Head of State but they're always like "lol no"

Did u just quote some 500 bc roman ruler in the funny forums quote thread?

* had to look it up

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

I'm going to be honest, if "McDonalds Drive-Thru" is a meme, I wasn't there for it, so I'm just confused. Got a sweet custom Avatar out of that whole thing though it's a win in my book.

Lmao not often the source shows up here.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

3 olives is too many.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

lamey_whinehouse posted:

Just out of curiosity, what ARE the origins of the meme?

Idk I saw it here a few years ago

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Outrail posted:

That pillowmod talk. Holy poo poo.

I'm on the fence believing it's real, who would write that many words about omitting they just made up? It's like sarcastically learning to play the lute.

Have met noni?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Jim Fixx died of a heart attack at 52 lol

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Idgi

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Heath posted:

The joke here is a little bit meta. Youth pastors act as social guideposts and role models for children, early teens and young adults from a Christian perspective. They're pretty common in the US. It's been a tactic in recent decades to try and adopt the attitudes of some of the wayward and sinful attractions of youth culture and affect a more laid back and casual approach to introducing the gospel and associated values to children who may otherwise be tempted by negative associations. The humor here is that youth pastors tend to be more straightlaced and proper, and this Twitter user has affected some exaggerated grammar and punctuation to subvert that image. He introduces himself as Chet (not his real name) to evoke the image of the young white male that typifies the youth pastor image -- the name also has connotations of the sort of casual informality that suggests he is approachable as both a spiritual mentor and a personal friend. I'm a huge prick

Ty

Doc Hawkins posted:

america is a christian country, gtfo

Muslim need a Chet

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Funny Authors thread

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Paladinus posted:

Don't think this needs context, really.

The follow ups are goood too

E thanks for not posting your book of the month Facebook like

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Patrick Spens posted:

In response to someone complaining about TFR's cliqueish nature

That's p good

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

morallyobjected posted:

what was the context of all these F-35 stories anyway? was there a topic just to bash on them or something?

They are billion dollar poo poo planes in the us

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Holy poo poo a , good pi post

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I'm so glad Milo is done

Elephanthead posted:

That is what the 8th grader said.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Is this thread about anime or video games now?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

TheWeepingHorse posted:

Juan is the loneliest bomber that you'll ever know

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

I don get the first or second part. Ima doofus

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Doc Hawkins posted:

This guy was a real peach.

That's not funny quote

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Powaqoatse posted:

dont make me cry goontears in the quote thread you fucker

post it here, maybe thatll disturb the weird destructive spiral its in:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3794989

It's comics after all.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Machai posted:

I skipped to the end after the first paragraph. Is it some fart fetish thing?

Yes

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

om nom nom posted:

Apparently this is raclette, which is a very good cheese, but gruyere would act like that, too, and is also a very good cheese. We used to make grilled cheese sandwiches (not on the menu but kids would request sometimes) at a french bistro I worked at by griddling bread and melting a couple of slices of gruyere on a metal plate in the broiler then sliding the cheese onto the bread. It looked very similar to that .gif, it would retain it's basic shape but become all melty and gooey, sliding right off the metal plate with little effort.

Edit: I sometimes wish I could see the look on parents faces when they got the bill for a $15 grilled cheese that didn't come with sides. Real gruyere is very expensive and it was the only practical cheese we had for a grilled cheese. Then again parents that took their kids to that restaurant probably didn't give two fucks about what things cost.

I'm glad you shared your grill experience here.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Those are funny posts, but wtf is with that seal? I thought they were nice and timid? Was she holding a tuna in her rear end?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Field Mousepad posted:

I copied it and then quoted it. I don't know what the hell happened there.

I can't handle this ineptitude. Mods?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Charles Bukowski posted:

Mr. Water was a fun saga. You guys remember that? A fella pretended to be a mentally challenged man and drew funny crayon drawings for the Culligan water delivery man and would leave them on the door step. They became slightly creepier each time, but still really fun and heartwarming. I think he figured Mr. Water was getting his water from a mermaid? It was fun times, even though the idea of impersonating a mentally challenged man makes me cringe 10 years later.

Im now reminded of Mr. Cardigan as well. He was not so heartwarming. Not at all.

I paid after 3 yrs lurkinking for mr water. Sorry y'all

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Baron von Eevl posted:

Lol but also those prices are pretty reasonable

First post after that one

whypick1 posted:

Prices heavily discounted to make up for the fact that you're sitting in a giant anus.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

"All it's missing is the ring"

:boom:

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Lots of jizz talk on the forums this weekend

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
I guess that's about a comic book or a 20 yr old game. Either way grow up.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

sneakyfrog posted:

sup fellow stabbiee

How'd you guys get stabbied?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Grandmother of Five posted:

I don't really mean the "Basement Crew" or Krusty stuff in particular, but more like, that people doing Ban Me threads often seem less like they are making a parting joke, and more as if they take themselves really super seriously and think that they are doing something really grandiose.

To almost, sort of contribute an actual quote; My personal favorite Ban Me was someone who made an Ask/Tell thread and picked an auto-bannable thread tag, or at least I hope it was an intentional Ban Me thread; https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?goto=post&postid=321904016

That's a good quote.