Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is magic real?
This poll is closed.
Totally. 35 67.31%
Nope. 17 32.69%
Total: 52 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

(Psst. Click the pic for some mood music.)

Ah, Halloween. One of the two times a year it's socially acceptable to dress up in weird costumes and wander the streets looking for handouts. But let's be real here: none of you are doing that. You're all staying home at your computers, aren't you? Buncha NEETs.

Fortunately for you antisocial types we've prepared some festivities. Now I know some of you guys'd rather play video games than party games but hear me out. You can enter these games to win ~FABULOUS PRIZES~ including and entirely limited to a free avatar change in exchange for your victory. However, these games are open for a limited time only. When the clock strikes midnight on Sunday, November 1st (PST), the festivities will end, so you've only today and tomorrow.

Trapped on a message board removed from civilization for two days. Anything could happen.

Treasure Hunt

Behold, a mere fraction of the wealth granted to me by the Golden Witch Beatrice. Even this is more gold than any reasonable man could spend in one's lifetime. That's why I've decided to divvy up my remaining fortune among three secret locations scattered across the subforum. Although identical at a glance, each cache has been marked with a unique URL which only I recognize. Find them, post them, and be considered my inheritor. All of you are playing this one, whether you realize it or not. The first three of you to approach me with your findings will each be rewarded with an avatar of your choice. But beware! I know the right URLs. Try to fool me with some re-uploaded gold, and your punishment will be a full day's probation!

Unlike the other games we'll be playing, there won't be a dedicated thread for this one. If you find the gold, simply post it in the thread where you found it. If the URL checks out, you will be named victorious.

Bobbing For Apples

Everybody knows this one. Choose at random for your chance to win, but penalties await for those who fall shy.

Bingo

Not just for old people anymore, but people with cameras and anime merchandise.

Scary Stories Shared 'Round the Campfire

Coming soon...?

Bad Seafood fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Nov 1, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Magic is not real, but anime is

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Of course magic is real. kihihihihihi

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

i'm gonna find all 3 gold URLs

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

The gold url hunt is a trick to make us read the mods posts and I wont fall for it

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Particularly seeing as the feature to find out who posted in a thread is currently broken

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

If our mod was real clever he'd edit it into old posts

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

ah, it's useless. All useless!

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Oneof the hidden stashes is here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3749433#post452164394

edit: or http://i.imgur.com/IHvc1O.png if you'd prefer

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

That's just the sample stash to show you what to look for.

You'll want one of the three others I've hidden elsewhere.

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

Bad Seafood posted:

That's just the sample stash to show you what to look for.

You'll want one of the three others I've hidden elsewhere.

BAN HIM

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

Droyer posted:

If our mod was real clever he'd edit it into old posts

there are so many chat thread pages

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I have not hidden the gold in any of the chat threads, but there are a few hints to be found in this thread.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Alright, it's time to TURN THE CHESSBOARD AROUND and figure out what likely move the mod would make in hiding the urls

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

http://i.imgur.com/gOCSNrhl.png

it's in his profile, ggez

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I'm betting that the mod's wording is references to anims

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

Namtab posted:

I'm betting that the mod's wording is references to anims

Trapped on a message board removed from civilization for two days. Anything could happen.

is the SAO thread still around

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Admoon posted:

is the SAO thread still around

Seaon 2 thread is on page 9, nothing in the OP

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Congratulations to our first winner Admoon.

That was the easy one. Have fun finding the other two.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

My gut is telling me that people should start looking at threads about witches and magic

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

MAGIC ISN'T REAL! WITCHES DON'T EXIST! THE CULPRIT IS A HUMAN!

SMALL BOMBS!

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

~PARTY UPDATE~

Admoon has uncovered one of the hidden caches of gold. The other two remain hidden away.

Yes_Cantaloupe was lucky and picked the right apple. Littleorv, Ceramics, and Endorph chose poorly.

Erg has claimed victory in Bingo, and has graciously granted his prize to Namtab.

We will bob for apples once more tomorrow. The final game of the night will begin very shortly.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

The fourth and final game has been launched.

Happy Halloween everybody.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I can't find the gold, beatrice wins, magic is real

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

Namtab posted:

I can't find the gold, beatrice wins, magic is real

i'm really glad i got the easy one because the other 2 are insanely hard to find

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

~PARTY UPDATE~

The remaining gold sleeps unclaimed. Will it do so for all time?

Namtab and NotALizardman were lucky and both picked winners, but NotALizardman passed his prize to Droyer who in turn passed it to NowonSA. In light of Namtab's win, Erg has decided to pass his prize on to Endorph instead.

No blackouts in Bingo. Bingo is dead. Long live Bingo.

Everyone's scary stories are still awaiting judgment.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you have won or been gifted an avatar this weekend, you may post here to claim it or PM me. Be sure to include your desired image, user text, and whether or not you want your avatar centered.

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

debating between spooky ougi and a kyousougiga one. hmmmm

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I bet your secret Nazi gold isn't even real... Can you even confirm its existence with the Red Truth!!??

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

Can someone who isn't as fail as me at editing images take out the guy in this and make a transparent av out of Koto? Let me know if the image sucks but I think it should be fine. I know some detail will be lost going from 1080 but I wanna see what it looks like.

please and thank you

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Hey Admoon:

Courtesy of Strange Quark

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

Droyer posted:

Hey Admoon:

Courtesy of Strange Quark

thanks!

wildest rear end also PM'd me a couple headshots of koto that I really like, so let me see real quick which I like more as an av

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

No problem.

I'd prefer to upload all the victory avatars at once, so it'll be a little bit anyway.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I'll come up with something by tomorrow. Since Droyer gave it to me (thanks Droyer!) he (or she) can choose the avatar text if they like, or add in a snippet acknowledging their awesome charity, though I'll also provide some text. I pretty much only post in VEGETA and Rowdy Ringsports, but since this came from VEGETA it'll be an anime av for sure.

Also, no joke, I thought that I should've chosen 11 to honor the month of November immediately after I put down 15 to honor the year, and it would've been my next number if 15 hadn't gotten me a probation. Serendipity I guess!

If there are issues with resizing the image or gif I choose or my text is too long let me know, I've been trying to find the exact guidelines on that but 125 x 125 pixels and under 30 kb doesn't mean much to me in a vacuum.

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Pretty sure it's 150x150 and 100kb

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I scoured the Halloween threads for clues on the gold and couldn't find any.

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Here's a clue: it's shiny

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

:iiam:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Linnaeus posted:

Here's a clue: it's shiny

That only leads me to a picture of a bike on imgur.

• Locked thread