Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is magic real?
This poll is closed.
Totally. 35 67.31%
Nope. 17 32.69%
Total: 52 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

(Psst. Click the pic for some mood music.)

Ah, Halloween. One of the two times a year it's socially acceptable to dress up in weird costumes and wander the streets looking for handouts. But let's be real here: none of you are doing that. You're all staying home at your computers, aren't you? Buncha NEETs.

Fortunately for you antisocial types we've prepared some festivities. Now I know some of you guys'd rather play video games than party games but hear me out. You can enter these games to win ~FABULOUS PRIZES~ including and entirely limited to a free avatar change in exchange for your victory. However, these games are open for a limited time only. When the clock strikes midnight on Sunday, November 1st (PST), the festivities will end, so you've only today and tomorrow.

Trapped on a message board removed from civilization for two days. Anything could happen.

Treasure Hunt

Behold, a mere fraction of the wealth granted to me by the Golden Witch Beatrice. Even this is more gold than any reasonable man could spend in one's lifetime. That's why I've decided to divvy up my remaining fortune among three secret locations scattered across the subforum. Although identical at a glance, each cache has been marked with a unique URL which only I recognize. Find them, post them, and be considered my inheritor. All of you are playing this one, whether you realize it or not. The first three of you to approach me with your findings will each be rewarded with an avatar of your choice. But beware! I know the right URLs. Try to fool me with some re-uploaded gold, and your punishment will be a full day's probation!

Unlike the other games we'll be playing, there won't be a dedicated thread for this one. If you find the gold, simply post it in the thread where you found it. If the URL checks out, you will be named victorious.

Bobbing For Apples

Everybody knows this one. Choose at random for your chance to win, but penalties await for those who fall shy.

Bingo

Not just for old people anymore, but people with cameras and anime merchandise.

Scary Stories Shared 'Round the Campfire

Coming soon...?

Bad Seafood fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Nov 1, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

That's just the sample stash to show you what to look for.

You'll want one of the three others I've hidden elsewhere.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I have not hidden the gold in any of the chat threads, but there are a few hints to be found in this thread.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Congratulations to our first winner Admoon.

That was the easy one. Have fun finding the other two.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

~PARTY UPDATE~

Admoon has uncovered one of the hidden caches of gold. The other two remain hidden away.

Yes_Cantaloupe was lucky and picked the right apple. Littleorv, Ceramics, and Endorph chose poorly.

Erg has claimed victory in Bingo, and has graciously granted his prize to Namtab.

We will bob for apples once more tomorrow. The final game of the night will begin very shortly.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

The fourth and final game has been launched.

Happy Halloween everybody.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

~PARTY UPDATE~

The remaining gold sleeps unclaimed. Will it do so for all time?

Namtab and NotALizardman were lucky and both picked winners, but NotALizardman passed his prize to Droyer who in turn passed it to NowonSA. In light of Namtab's win, Erg has decided to pass his prize on to Endorph instead.

No blackouts in Bingo. Bingo is dead. Long live Bingo.

Everyone's scary stories are still awaiting judgment.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you have won or been gifted an avatar this weekend, you may post here to claim it or PM me. Be sure to include your desired image, user text, and whether or not you want your avatar centered.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

No problem.

I'd prefer to upload all the victory avatars at once, so it'll be a little bit anyway.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

:iiam:

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Congratulations TWIST FIST for finding the second hidden cache of gold.

"Technically" late but I'll allow it.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

littleorv posted:

My gut is telling me that people should start looking at threads about witches and magic

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

TWIST FIST posted:

can i get a big av
Depends on what you consider big.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Judgment should be up late Tuesday.

Gotta be up at 5 o' clock tomorrow and I need my sleep.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

That should be fine.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I believe so.

If you're asking if you can have that instead of an avatar, the answer is yes.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Actually, scratch that.

While I do have the authority to request name changes, the ability to do so is currently lost along with DB3. You can still ask for one, but it'll take awhile to appear.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

New avatars need to be uploaded to SA before they can be distributed. Both steps require admin approval, which sometimes takes awhile.

Everyone's avatars should be up before the end of the weekend, but that's just an estimate. Namtab got his earlier because it was already in the system.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Everyone's avatars should appear sometime within the next 24 hours except NowonSA's.

Sorry dude but there was a hiccup in the uploading phase and yours was the only one not processed. It sucks but you'll have to wait a little longer.

Hang in there, Bonzai Buddy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Nobody's gotten back to me about it so probably.

• Locked thread