Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is magic real?
This poll is closed.
Totally. 35 67.31%
Nope. 17 32.69%
Total: 52 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I'll come up with something by tomorrow. Since Droyer gave it to me (thanks Droyer!) he (or she) can choose the avatar text if they like, or add in a snippet acknowledging their awesome charity, though I'll also provide some text. I pretty much only post in VEGETA and Rowdy Ringsports, but since this came from VEGETA it'll be an anime av for sure.

Also, no joke, I thought that I should've chosen 11 to honor the month of November immediately after I put down 15 to honor the year, and it would've been my next number if 15 hadn't gotten me a probation. Serendipity I guess!

If there are issues with resizing the image or gif I choose or my text is too long let me know, I've been trying to find the exact guidelines on that but 125 x 125 pixels and under 30 kb doesn't mean much to me in a vacuum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Linnaeus posted:

Here's a clue: it's shiny

The gold is in the pockets of Kpop band Shinee!

Linnaeus posted:

Pretty sure it's 150x150 and 100kb

And is that for the Avatar and the text put together? I guess I'm mostly unclear on how the text part of the equation works, size limits wise. I've never really whipped up an avatar on a forum before, so please excuse my ignorance on the subject.

I have a frontrunner on the avatar front. If someone can make an Av-size version of just the close-up of this fine young gentleman lifting his head and swooshing his hair around that'd be great. Maybe just crop and resize it so his head and as much of his upper body as possible is in the frame, I know it's way too wide right now. If you can make a wide version that fits and looks good that'd be a nice option to consider, but I don't know how you'd do that.

I'm still considering other options since I'll probably have it forever, but if it turns out halfway decent my search might end quite a bit early. Thanks in advance to whoever does the techo-magic!

NowonSA fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Nov 2, 2015

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Strange Quark posted:

Text has nothing to do with it. The size limits only applies to the image.

That makes much more sense, I was looking for text length limits and never found one so that threw me off. What I have planned is pretty short, so if Droyer doesn't want to add something then I'll mention that the Avatar was a gift from him and include a random quote about charity. And if he does want to add something then I'll still do that anyway, size permitting.

Bad Seafood posted:

Congratulations TWIST FIST for finding the second hidden cache of gold.

"Technically" late but I'll allow it.

I should have kept my Shinee clue to myself :argh:.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I should have my avatar gif on hand tomorrow, or two days from now at the latest. I'll post the avatar and text here then.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Here we go! I figured I'd honor my irrational love for Rokka no Yuusha.

Text:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Any updates on handing out the Avatars and whatnot Seafood? I assume it's just DB3 issues jamming up the works. No problem if it take awhile, I'm just curious what's up.

• Locked thread