Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

its 20 bucks and i wanna pick it up once im done with nier. how is it? ive never played a drakengard and havent even looked up videos of this yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
whose.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
i aint played it op.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

it didnt seem like anyones played it really. maybe i'll just take the plunge anyways

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
I played it, it's pretty good! And funny. It actually feels like a pretty fun game instead of a boring slog like the first two.

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

It's like having Kaine as the main character

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

*Whom's

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Miserable Maid posted:

It's like having Kaine as the main character

Sold

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The characters are great, the gameplay is about as good as you've come to expect from the company, and the grind is back and better than ever.

I liked it.:thumbsup:

Snackula
Aug 1, 2013

hedgefund wizard
I'm happy something like Drakengard 3 somehow got made, published and even localized in 2014 but it's sort of alright to play at best. Probably more fun to watch someone else deal with all the tepid and repetitive combat and just pay attention to the insane cutscenes and dialog. So yeah, it's Drakengard alright.

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
my favorite part of drakengard 3 was when the frame rate tanked into single digits. it was epic

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Velthice posted:

my favorite part of drakengard 3 was when the frame rate tanked into single digits. it was epic

Japanese games are superior in every way

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

i bought it. thank you everyone

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

Great job! You now have the greatest baby Dragon buddy to murder with

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

this chicks a total psycho lol, it owns

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Never tell your password to anyone.
grafe: lol she has a butt

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Wormskull posted:

im haunted by this wherevcer i go

Ausmund
Jan 24, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER
i just picked it up, love mikhail and zero's bickering, not sure about the gameplay. it seems to get better and more interesting the further I get in though. I plan to get all the endings too. I read darkids LP of the first drakengard and got all the endings in nier.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
Yeah, the game play kind of isn't that fun, but personally I plan on completing the game Seven times consecutively to achieve all possible endings for fun purposes, and my brain Is working totally fine. I read Le'ts Plays too

Ausmund
Jan 24, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER
on chapter 3 and the game def starts to pick up the further you get in.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

i got up to around chapter 2 or so and havent played it since, i'll probably pick it up again since it seems fairly easy to punch through a level at least

Ausmund
Jan 24, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER
it actually gets kind of hard fast. now I actaully need some healing items on me.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
apparently if you set your video output to 480p the game runs better

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

i want to play nier. is it on pc?

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

rediscover posted:

i want to play nier. is it on pc?

ps3 and 360 only im afraid

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
I hope when nier 2 comes out they port the first one over to ps4 as well

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

apropos to nothing posted:

I hope when nier 2 comes out they port the first one over to ps4 as well
It would be cool if it came bundled like Bayonetta 1 and 2.

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

When I was in high school I took all my boring classes through mail correspondence and just had my friends do all the tests and I would copy them. This let me take college classes for the last three hours of school so I not only got to take Japanese but I also got to go home early. In the Japanese class there were these home schooled Christian twin girls that had hair below their waists and wore huge coke bottle glasses. They almost never talked, but when they learned I liked video games they incessantly talked to me about drakkengard. They were allowed to jointly decide on one game a month to buy and they both loved drakkengard. They also talked about that early ps2 game where you use a scarf to squeeze enemy boobs and stuff.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Sofia Coppola_OD_ posted:

When I was in high school I took all my boring classes through mail correspondence and just had my friends do all the tests and I would copy them. This let me take college classes for the last three hours of school so I not only got to take Japanese but I also got to go home early. In the Japanese class there were these home schooled Christian twin girls that had hair below their waists and wore huge coke bottle glasses. They almost never talked, but when they learned I liked video games they incessantly talked to me about drakkengard. They were allowed to jointly decide on one game a month to buy and they both loved drakkengard. They also talked about that early ps2 game where you use a scarf to squeeze enemy boobs and stuff.

i was reminded of it because i have nerdy girl cousins who love nier and drakengard

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
OP: i have played drakengard 3. hope that helps

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

SM64Guy posted:

ps3 and 360 only im afraid

aren't they like different versions storywise?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Action Tortoise posted:

aren't they like different versions storywise?

In Japan yeah, but US just got the good version

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

yeah in japan he's a twink and in the us hes a grizzled old man

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Wormskull posted:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

SM64Guy posted:

yeah in japan he's a twink and in the us hes a grizzled old man

i freaking hate dumbass japanese twink protags!!!!!!!!!!!! except for cloud strife and squall leonhart!!!!!!!!!!!!! and the sexy bois of upcoming masterpiece [b]final fantasy 15

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur

mysterious loyall X posted:

i freaking hate dumbass japanese twink protags!!!!!!!!!!!! except for cloud strife and squall leonhart!!!!!!!!!!!!! and the sexy bois of upcoming masterpiece [b]final fantasy 15

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaB8xEik488

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ausmund
Jan 24, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER
the game really gets better once you start branch B

• Locked thread