Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

The Larch posted:

Why does pastebin say it was put up on July 20th if it just got leaked?

Does Pastebin have a private mode? Maybe they compiled the list back in the summer and just now made it public.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Well I decided to check if Maryland had any voting going on (It doesn't).

But I did just sign up to be an election judge.

So there's that.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Well turns out election judges get paid just about what I make now. So I won't be losing money if I get selected.

Anyone ever been an election Judge?

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Everblight posted:

Do conservatives not know how gays work?

Do you really have to ask?

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Radish posted:

Gays, child molesters, rapists, and general perverts are all the same thing to them.

Unless it's one of their Gay, child molesting, rapist, perverts. Then they're alright.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Luigi Thirty posted:

Our polling places are almost always set up in the gymnasiums of churches here in Florida.

Most of ours (DC-Metro area Maryland) are in public schools. Usually middle/elementary.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

wilderthanmild posted:

Gotta keep em fit so they can grow up to have those Christ-like abs.

No one outside of the narrow border of beach towns in Florida has abs of any sort. Much less the ones that go to those kinds of churches.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I shouldn't be surprised, but drat.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Joementum posted:

Unless I'm mistaken, that's not a change to US copyright law, it just extends our law to the Pacific rim countries.

Yeah, it's been said here before but the TPP is less "gently caress over internet people in America" and more "Try to loving get China to stop wantonly stealing everyone's poo poo".

Pillowpants posted:

My final vote tally for dictator of Amesbury

district 2 city council: 1 vote
District 5 city council: 12 votes
School committee: 3 votes
Planning board 4 year: 4 votes
Planning board 2 year: 21 votes (2nd place)
Library trustee 4 year: 3 votes
Housing authority: 32 votes (win)

I need to figure out what the local positions for my area are. This sounds like fun. Sadly where I live is unincorporated and doesn't even seem to have a city website. I think it's just covered under the county which means 0% chance of a Lulz campaign.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Pillowpants posted:

Update: I've spoken with 5 of the 9 city council members. 3 are supportive, 1 thinks I should reach out to the HA and then make my choice and then there's the other guy I talked about.

I should also mention that there is a family in town who pull the most ridiculous cartoonishly evil stunts on opponents, and I've made them look so bad over the past six months that they both blocked me and refuse to deal with me.

Please, please give us all the dirty deets on this new job of yours. This is amazing.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Hodgepodge posted:

I'm starting to wonder if he's not saying all the crazy poo poo he believes in an effort to finally drop down to a reasonable place in the polls to hawk his book (while attracting the desired niche of the base) and is pissed off that they have to actually explain to people that these aren't the opinions of someone who seriously expects to be President.

My parents are 100% certain he's legitimately running for president. They're Dem as hell so they're not voting for him, but they don't see his actions and...person as being anything but genuine.

They've also said that they could totally understand feeling that they "have" to vote for the man based on his work as a doctor if you were a former patient of his, or family of a former patient. Which is a scary thought:

"His policies are horrible, He's pretty close to the "danger" zone of religious belief, and it's becoming pretty clear that outside of being a brain mechanic he's a terrible doctor; But he "save" me/my kid/my brother/etc so I have to vote for him."

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

reddit's response posted:

These players should lose their scholarships. The people who listed those blatant racist demands should be expelled. These black racists who get into this school based on quotas and affirmative action have not right to call anyone "privileged" they are nothing more than cultural terrorists. I hope the backlash against these racist blacks is severe.

When you use the term "white privilege" you are a racist.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Veskit posted:

Why are you defending this. This is 100% grounds for termination when your job is to a president of a school. A public school. Do you think he shouldn't be forced into resignation for this?

Cause he's been out of the game too long. He hasn't trolled us in a good couple of months and chose a bad topic to start back up on. There's not enough right wing blog posts to parrot that aren't just calling for the football players to be lynched.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

KiteAuraan posted:

How can he force private businesses to say Merry Christmas? I mean, he could, but that would make him a tyrant and a dictator. Which as well all know very well the right wing would never support since tyrants are always leftists, especially Hitler and Franco.

No you don't get it. When he becomes president America will be Great AgainTM. Thus we will say Merry Christmas because gently caress any other holiday or religion.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Can't post that without the response:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iq10bz3PxyY

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Mulva posted:

Is anyone creating a live thread for the kids table debate?

It's just rolled into the main one.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Bluedeanie posted:

Apparently Hunter M. Park was arrested in Rolla, and authorities say he was not on or near campus at the time the threats were made on yikyak and other social media, according to the Columbia Tribune. Correct me if I'm wrong but that's absolutely not how yikyak works, correct? Is it possible that he spoofed his location to post in the mizzou area, or is there another guy they need to be looking for?

You can easily spoof your location on yik yak.

Like without any level of computer competence easy. There's tons of apps that just do it for you.

But yik yak still records your phone info and personal ID info so you can be easily found.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Boon posted:

Pay wall

That site finally made me install noscript.

That video is going to leak no matter what that hearing rules.

Popular Thug Drink posted:

he wasn't fired. he resigned because he realized he hosed up irrevocably at his job

Don't feed the troll.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Milk Malk posted:

Did sorry work for the President of the college? NO. and it should not work for her, BYE BYE. I do find it interesteing that she has not been arrested yet they arrested the 19 year old in Rolla today (and yes I understand the difference) seems threatening a student should at least get you booked.

JT Jag posted:

You should really put these in quotes

Yeah, can we please not start the whole "Lottery of Babylon" posting shtick in another thread? Seriously.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Amergin posted:

And the white woman said they needed "some muscle" to deal with him.

BUT NOT RACIST AT ALL because SJW. :yum:

EDIT: Also LOL at the apologists in this thread just shrugging their shoulders and grasping at straws to defend the protesters here. "Well yeah you know sometimes kids with these causes can get a little rambunctious dontcha know!" and "Well the media is just as bad as paparazzi anyway except when the GOP complains about the media then they're just being whiny babbies" and "Why are you trying to make a big stink about this anyway hmmm because the protesters were against racism hmm maybe you're racist for wanting to cover the protest HMMM?"

Come the gently caress on people.

Man you used to be better. Don't just crib terrible reddit posts, stick with the pure strain, freep level GOP forums.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

What ever happened to that "hearing protection" bill that was trying to remove suppressors from the NFA?

EDIT: nevermind. It's in committee waiting for approval.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

DeusExMachinima posted:

Just wait til we get a Republican president again to pass this thing (or maybe just maybe the Bern???), then suppressors get recognized as being in common use, then the courts make California and all the other deep blue states allow them again pursuant to Heller. :mrgw:

Suppressors do not bring noise levels to or below a safe hearing level. Lowest rifle noise level reduction I've seen is to ~119Db for 300blk, a round specifically designed for use with suppressors (in part). Next lowest is .22lr which is still too loud for unprotected hearing at ~112.

Only exception I could find was that new Jesse James suppressor that's supposed to take .300blk down to 78 Db but that's being disputed.

You still need personal hearing protection when using a suppressor. Their main function isn't to protect the users hearing but to mask the guns report to others in the area of use.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

So this is just going to keep building and building till a significant number of black students/people are murdered explicitly with race as a motivator isn't it?

Oh wait, Dylan Roof.

I don't even know what this poo poo is building up to but it ain't good.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Mayor Dave posted:

In further campus protest news, students successfully got Claremont-McKenna's Dean of Students to resign for not supporting marginalized students enough:

I guess this movement in picking up momentum? Maybe it's going to spread to other schools? Who even knows at this point?

I hope it does. But I'm also afraid it's going to culminate in yet another massive school shooting.

Howard University got a threat of one today (on 4chan) basically stating that at 10am the dude's going to start shooting any and all minority (specifically black students though) students he sees.

Reddit's take, as usual, is to mostly ignore it and what little attention is paid to the situation is 100% "It's just uppity blacks trying to paint white people as racist".

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

DemeaninDemon posted:

Amergin where did you go? Are you OK?

Sorry it's hard keeping up with 11hr work days.

He actually hangs out in the football funhouse most of his time.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

DemeaninDemon posted:

It was a 20k raise plus night bonus.

Jesus gently caress! I only make 25k :(.

How does such a raise feel?

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

the_paradigm_shift posted:

I wish to volunteer to be one of the MLKs who doesn't get shot in Memphis

At least he didn't add a scene at the end where James Earl Ray, facing a crowd of multiracial and multi-ethnic MLKs demands to know who it the real one is, and they all stand in turn shouting "I am MLK!", "No, I'm MLK", etc.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

So Howard University's "deadline" of 10am given in the threat on 4chan has come and gone, however there's still a large police presence on campus.

Additionally Bowie State University has had their own swastika drawn on a student center named after MLK.

This Washington Post Piece goes into a decent fresher on what's been going on around the country in regards to what seems to be turning into a student movement across the country.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Fried Chicken posted:

I missed it, what was with 4chan and Howard?

Luigi Thirty posted:

Someone posted an anonymous threat that they dropped out of Mizzou and were driving to Howard to shoot every [upstanding African-American] they saw today

Specifically the poster said they were going to wait till 10 am and then start hunting down black people.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

zoux posted:

It's kind of absurd that one person posting anything has to be treated as 100% serious and real every time, but I dunno how you get around it, because the first time a threat is ignored turns out to be real...

Now, granted, they didn't just go and close everything and fill the college with SWAT members with full auto M60's and air support. They just increased police presence.

But I get your point.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Luigi Thirty posted:

Here's a new scam made possible by the Sharing Economy. A startup backed by Mark Cuban spams Craigslist with job offers from "Rideshare Taxi Co." claiming you'll make $20 an hour and get a free Prius working for them. You sign up and at the end you're told congratulations, you just leased a Prius from us, here's a link to Uber so you can make $20 an hour with it.

They shut down the scam site after getting called on it by Pando and others but still put up fake ads.

Jesus Christ that's amazing. As much as those people can go gently caress themselves, that is an amazingly inventive scam.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Add VCU to the list of college with black student demonstration going on.

Black students take over VCU's president's office to demand changes

quote:

A group of black Virginia Commonwealth University student activists marched into the school president’s office Thursday morning to demand the university increase the number of black professors and offer more cultural training on campus.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Kro-Bar posted:

poo poo is going down in Paris.

Goddamn, this is bad.

BBC posted:

At least one man opened fire with an automatic gun at the Cambodge restaurant in the 11th district. An explosion is also reported to have targeted a bar near Stade de France, where France were hosting Germany Link

NBC News posted:

An explosion rattled a bar near a Paris stadium around the same time as a separate shootout at a Paris restaurant Friday, according to reports. Police in Paris told NBC News that several people had been shot at a restaurant, around the same time as at least one other incident.Link

Telegraph posted:

Grenades reportedly used at Paris stadium, unknown if casualties. Several said killed in shooting at restaurant followed by other attacks Link, quote further down in a tweet

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Fried Chicken posted:

So far. As of now shooting is continuing

And the explosions were targeted at a bar near the soccer stadium that president Hollande was at (he was at the stadium not the bar)

Grenades have been reported to have been used at one of the shootings by bystanders..

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Talmonis posted:

ISIL related? If so, this really just emboldens right-wing nationalists to close their borders to muslim immigrants and refugees. lovely stuff.

Literally no info yet as the perpetrators haven't been apprehended and one of the events is still going on. No reports on demographics.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Glad my work decided not to take the November beam time now...

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

(Paraphrased)

"It's better to let 9,999 innocent Syrians get hosed over by a U.S. block on immigration than to possibly let in 1 'expertly trained' ISIS operative" - Marco Rubio, noted son of Cuban refugees.

The mind boggles. :psyduck: Just find and replace 'ISIS operative' with 'Moscow-trained Communist spy' for an equivalent Cold War reading.

:commissar:Literally WH40K.txt :commissar:

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Locobono posted:

What's with the whole "homeless veterans before refugees" talking point? I've heard it trotted out at work about a dozen times this week. Is it just a way to give the impression of being compassionate while secretly having some pretty uncompassionate opinions?

It's the same thing literal children do when told to clean their room. Suddenly they really need to do their homework, clean their bike, go read something for class, etc because they'd rather do those things when compared to cleaning their room. Keep in mind they were not doing those things and almost never want to either, it's just a ploy to get out cleaning their room. If the parent relents to such a statement then neither will the room be cleaned nor will the homework/reading/bike cleaning be done.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

zoux posted:

You tell that to This American Hero, Buddy.

Someone smarter than I should make a Script that data mines a persons social media feed for mentions of homeless/vet/whatever to see just when it is people suddenly care about vets.

Honestly social media has reached a point where I can't stand to browse it, since last friday. I'm only even browsing this thread due to being in a mind numbing meeting today. There's just far too many hate filled, xenophobic, jackasses and it's just depressing.

I really want to take a vacation from humanity right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

pathetic little tramp posted:

Hahaha, clock boy is suing the city, this is going to dominate the gently caress outta the headlines:

http://www.inquisitr.com/2586645/clock-kid-ahmed-mohamed-threatens-to-sue-city-wants-an-apology-and-15-million-says-attorney/

Aw, man. Just in time for Thanksgiving too. My uncle is going to be a total dick about this.

• Locked thread