Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

botany posted:

Yeah no, this is so hilarious you actually need to quote the whole thing, sorry.

Sounds more like they had a Klan meeting and got caught and needed a cover story.

"No we aren't Klansmen we were just dressed as ghosts and fire curing these two perpendicular sticks"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

fknlo posted:

I think there's an election of some type here in kc today? But today is also the day of the royals world series parade. So nobody is voting.

Congratulations on your elections being ruled by people that will likely have their dinner before 4:30 PM.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU
I think it's cruel for Jesus to set unrealistic body standards for men while at the same time force feeding followers bread and wine at 9 in the morning.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Are goons really freaking out that a church would have a gym?

The local catholic church has a basketball court that was converted to a small skate park...should I warn tweens and teens about the secret christian plot to infiltrate the secular past time?

The Priest was seen nearby commenting that young Mike Taylor's ollie was "gnarly".

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Shageletic posted:

Nope the Republicans on the hearing were too busy stating Illumanti-level theories to ever ask a sane question like that. It was a poo poo show. The closest it came was Tammy Duckworth (D) asking about proper funding of State security, which Clinton was enormously happy to answer considering the cavalcade of retardity thrown in her direction for the past 6 hours.

Could you go into how she responded regarding the funding issue? I've been under the impression that State had received some budget cuts leading up to 2012.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Thank you, you will have made my Thanksgiving at home that much more tolerable.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

greatn posted:

Kill all white people except for me and my friends and family and their friends and families and so on, but everyone else.

These GOP candidate demands are getting stranger by the day

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

euphronius posted:

Hey we do not shop at Macy's anymore.

Is Kohls middle class approved?

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

euphronius posted:

Yes but mostly Amazon prime

DemeaninDemon posted:

Depends if you buy things there full price and whether or not you use Kohl's cash.

Saved from the executioner's block if only for a few more years.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Motto posted:

does any clothing store sell stuff at full price? as far as I know stuff's eternally "on sale" at 25-50%.

I mean some items they tack on MSRP with a big x through it with their price but yeah it's mostly a show in general.

I like how with Men's Wearhouse and Jos A. Banks the way they work their sales is that for the most part no matter what they run almost everything comes out about the same.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Solkanar512 posted:

Those kids usually have something terrible like bone cancer, right? Nice work, ˇJeb!

Stuff happens

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Christie and Kasich, and to a degree Rand, are th eonly ones without really loving awful views on this and I nearly went through the screen on Fiorina.

She damaged her head when she busted through the glass ceiling.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

pathetic little tramp posted:

Hahaha that shooter in San Diego is directly under a San Diego airport flight path so all arrivals are cancelled at the moment. One crazy dude with a rifle is going to really gently caress up everyone's day.

edit: His demands to the police are that he's tired of being disrespected and wants a flight to Australia.

Point Break taught me that we have extradition with Australia.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

I'm sure it's too much to hope that Carson is a deep cover sleeper agent with all that abject stupidity, right? :( Like if he wins the nomination and the election he will use his inauguration to announce his support for single payer health care or something.

Wait until the SC primary before you worry about a Carson presidency.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

A Winner is Jew posted:

Can't it be both?

It'd give you a convenient table for your pizza, surely.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

George W. responds

quote:

Don, Dad, don't make me choose.

Brain fart

:negative:

Gin and Juche fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Nov 5, 2015

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

mandatory lesbian posted:

"Say it loud, I'm black and I'm proud."

Does this mean he lost the hispanic vote?

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Raskolnikov38 posted:

It's actually better, to help with the narrative Obama combined two girls into one for his biography and was pretty open about it.

So technically Obama has been involved in a threesome?

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Luigi Thirty posted:

The 18 year old who stabbed four people at UC Merced left behind a detailed plan. He did it because he was angry about being kicked out of a study group. His master plan was to zip cuff students in a classroom to desks, wait for the police, and spray petroleum jelly on the ground so they would slip and fall and he would take their guns and shoot everyone.

The worst part is that anyone could carry out this sort of plan

Passion Lubes Passion Water and Silicone Blend Hybrid Lubricant, 55 Gallon https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00SZ3O6OU/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_jFopwbNG8EE4D

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Rollofthedice posted:

Yeah, can't they see the genius he truly is?

(I wonder what the over-under is on Carson's dropping out date)

I mean statistically he isn't wrong.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

zoux posted:

Usually the best way to get the media all up in your rear end is to tell them they can't be somewhere they can.

Reverse psychmology

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Eschers Basement posted:

Sure! Donald Trump went out one day without his wig on, and despite being in a big room with a lot of other people, somehow only one picture was taken and made it onto the internet

also his nose has a weird circle around it where the color doesn't blend into his cheeks

but its obviously real

Yes weird maybe but you already said it was real so no need to second guess it.

Wiggate 2015

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Based on his usage of the 'I' vs. the "we" pronoun we can deduce that this is just another lone nut obviously so whatcha gonna do?

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Luigi Thirty posted:

Meanwhile in college, an amateur production of The Mountaintop at Kent State features MLK played by... a white guy. But it's more complicated than that! The director says:

The playwright says:

I really want to believe the guy, while maybe well-intentioned, was really just not thinking.

quote:

“I truly wanted to explore the issue of racial ownership and authenticity,” director Michael Oatman said on opening night of his decision to use two actors — one white, one black — to play King. “I didn’t want this to be a stunt, but a true exploration of King’s wish that we all be judged by the content of our character and not the color of our skin. … I wanted the contrast. … I wanted to see how the words rang differently or indeed the same, coming from two different actors, with two different racial backgrounds.”

Or maybe not.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

blue squares posted:

Maybe it would have worked if he had more than just two MLKs. Like a lot of people, the guy forgot that there are more races than white and black.

"Being Martin Luther King Jr." sounds like it could be a great movie.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Crain posted:

At least he didn't add a scene at the end where James Earl Ray, facing a crowd of multiracial and multi-ethnic MLKs demands to know who it the real one is, and they all stand in turn shouting "I am MLK!", "No, I'm MLK", etc.

Credits end on a spoof of "Real Slim Shady" for maximum cultural appropriation.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

SirKibbles posted:

Ok for some reason he seems to think that churches and charities will pick up the slack when people inevitably start hurting real bad due to his policies despite these organizations already being overburdened at the moment. Better?

I volunteered for a service that provided non-perishable lunches to poverty stricken students for the week and gave them discrete lunch bags so the other students wouldn't know they were so poor they had to get assistance.

Think of all the money they could save in lunch bags if the entire school was too poor to afford school lunches.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

zoux posted:

Probably for every one touching tribute is ten of these

At least Alabama is taking the right lessons from this.

Because if it's one thing Alabama doesn't like, it's relocating immigrants from formerly hostile nations who given any other circumstances would likely have been tried for war crimes.

Wait...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redstone_Arsenal#Huntsville_Arsenal

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Litany Unheard posted:

Cool we'll just talk about Republicans being dumb and racist.

Is this not US Pol?

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

A Winner is Jew posted:

... Pretty sure I'm cool with "radical Islam" being a thing

Is that hijab waterproof?

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Silver Nitrate posted:

So far all of the positively identified attackers were European, correct?

At least one was confirmed to be a refugee that entered through Greece wasn't there?

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Riosan posted:

White Hot Ball of Rage/Angry Amorphous Blob 2016

They would nominate a white candidate.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Boon posted:

Yes, and we've actually been pretty historically good about killing the ideology out of people, it's the other major pillars of national power that we've been pretty bad at exercising in concert (economic and political).

Yes like the Taliban.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Fried Chicken posted:

He says we are good at our wars excising ideology but fails at structural solutions, so you point to a group utterly driven from power and rejected by the populace that is coming back after a series of sustained structural failures?

Are we just citing Kabul?

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Fried Chicken posted:

In terms of what, structural failures, or ideological control? Because id say the structural failures went well beyond Kabul.

Actually looking back I think I misunderstood what the guy said.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Assad certainly seems ok with letting pieces of Syria slip from his regime's control.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Absurd Alhazred posted:

"If only we were covering an active violent conflict, our half-assed reporting and shoddy fact-checking would be excused!"

Have any news networks developed a stealth boat yet?

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Thump! posted:

lol

What the gently caress even is the point of having a complete triad now? To keep bomber pilots hopeful of doing something more than cargo duty?

Seriously, what delivery capabilities of a nuclear payload does a B-52 provide that an ICBM or SRBM off a sub not already provide? Not even touching on the ludicrousness of being in a nuclear weapons race with loving no one but ourselves.

Nuclear missiles can't hover around a country to drop their payload in case their country suffered a surprise attack and knocked out their silos

So in case that ever happens and it's 1958 then we're golden

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

That's next to Myrtle Beach though.

Myrtle Beach is awful in all sorts of ways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

zoux posted:

Fite me irl, says man aspiring to nation's highest office.

- says man to another man through a television camera

• Locked thread