Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Milk Malk posted:

I don't believe it's sexist to state that women are attracted to money. Money is sexy to anyone, and it's our sexist culture that dictates men should be the ones earning and flaunting the money. Suggesting a young woman might be attracted to and get involved with an older man because he is a rich and famous TV star is neither a disparaging comment about her morals nor about the nature of "women, amirite."

At the very least it couldn't have been his personality so this is really the only explanation that checks out for why anyone would hang out with Bill Maher short of blackmail or bribery.

plenty of public figures are a lot different in private from their public persona

also keep in mind maher was sleeping with ann coulter at one point, so it's certainly not the oddest coupling in the universe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Joementum posted:

Fred Thompson is the handsomest District Attorney on TV :smith:

I wonder if he got an adequate reverse mortgage.:ohdear:

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Teflon Don posted:

What kind of clown bombs a Walmart?

The kind who thinks the Dixie Outfitters shopping experience lacks a certain je ne sais quois.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Trabisnikof posted:

It is a proud American tradition to bomb businesses that do things you don't like, I guess.

I got it, he's just an overly enthusiastic Steve Earle fan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jebt9OnHh6A&t=50s

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Joementum posted:

Howard Coble is the handsomest ex-Congressman on TV.

he used to chair the house subcommittee on ip and internet despite proudly not knowing what email was nor ever using a computer

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Milk Malk posted:

My point is valid. If there are uncivilized, inbred fucks with stupid dialects everywhere, why be so angry with the ones who don't want your tax dollars?

State-provided services in rural areas are subsidized by urban areas:ssh:

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

JT Jag posted:

I think one potential way for the Democrats to make inroads in rural areas is to, as a party, be more religious. Frame their arguments on income inequality in the sense that it is 'Jesus-like' and how allowing widespread poverty goes against His teachings.

They already do this it's called black churches.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Trabisnikof posted:

And Democrats do ok in rural areas that have black churches.

Well sure if there's enough black people to vote for Democrats.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Dexo posted:

Well poo poo, as a Black Man I have to vote Ben Carson now.

https://soundcloud.com/abcpolitics/ben-carson-radio-ad

The Flute is what makes it.

Alvin Greene is on the scene.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
You guys are approaching the issue from the wrong direction. Instead of trying to determine Missouri's status as a Southern state, it's much easier to figure out if it's in the Midwest. In fact, there's a simple, 100% guaranteed method of determining Midwesternness for lack of better term:

If the Gathering of the Juggalos has been held or was scheduled to be held in your state, you're in the Midwest.

Alec Bald Snatch fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Nov 8, 2015

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Missouri became a southern state when Mizzou joined the SEC.

And Notre Dame and Louisville are in the ACC.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Amergin posted:

Furthermore how exactly do you get "ahead" of the situation?

Pretty much every school just has a meaningless assembly after a racial incident, maybe a vigil, and it's mostly forgotten about.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

icantfindaname posted:

is there actually a legal precedent that public universities must allow free speech on their campuses? could i drive down to missouri tomorrow with a truckload of 'jews did 9/11' signs and parade them around on campus? because if not, appeals to free speech w/r/t these protestors fall much flatter to me

poo poo like that happens all the time on campuses with abortion protests and street preachers and the like. There's generally a permitting or approval process depending on the school.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

icantfindaname posted:

but they could reject any request for approval arbitrarily, correct?

Sure, but usually they don't.

And like Shifty Pony mentioned a lot of people/groups don't even bother going through that much trouble; they'll just show up until someone asks them to leave.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

foobardog posted:

Obama Power will soon go away, I will be Fuhrer some day.

You will jog for the master race.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Joementum posted:

I think there are two factors at play here:

1. Fewer people have FBN as part of their cable package.

2. Trump hasn't done anything interesting in the last couple debates and that's why people were watching.

also like most news things the bulk of viewers are old people

everyone else loses interest pretty quickly

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

DeusExMachinima posted:

Professors employed at a public university are paid by the taxpayers, however.

Most of them are, except for endowed positions.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
I prefer dhimmicrats and/or dumbocraps.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

GalacticAcid posted:

There's a certain breed of lovely liberal who thinks "reTHUGlicans" is a sick burn. This breed tends to congregate in the comment section of The Progressive and also fear GMOs.

It's RethugliKKKlans.:colbert:

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Mitt Romney posted:

I think both sides would gain equally from supporter consolidation but Trump is a hugely flawed general election candidate. If he won the nomination I think we might see a wave election approaching 8%+ giving the senate and house back to the Democratic party.

Senate probably, House not likely.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Mitt Romney posted:

An 8%+ democratic vote margin is the threshold to flip the house. Lower for the Senate.

Even with Trump on the ticket the overall downticket margin won't be that high across the board.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

quote:

Meanwhile, things are not peachy on the campus of SUNY/Albany. The university wanted to honour baseball legend Jackie Robinson by having a picnic. But the university's equity office said this must not occur because the word "picnic" referred originally to gatherings held to lynch Blacks. In fact, as one of their own English professors (rather less committed to historical revisionism than RMC's Dr. Robinson) pointed out, the word "picnic" actually comes from a 17th-century French word that denotes a party at which everyone brings food. But Zaheer Mustafa, the equity officer, nevertheless decreed that "picnic" not be used because "the point is — the word offends." So the university decided to call it an "outing." Then, homosexual students took objection to that, and SUNY decided to publicize the event without using any noun to describe it.

:laffo:

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Joementum posted:

Cruz can raise money. There's no evidence he's good at much else.

Pissing off libs.:colbert:

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Joementum posted:

I'm actually a big Ted Cruz fan. I figure Texas is guaranteed to send a Republican to the Senate, so if they want to have one who spends his time insulting and funding primaries against his own party while failing to understand the basic rules of the body in which he serves, so much the better.

Same here. Also reminds me how much we're gonna miss Harry Reid when he retires. He's the perfect foil to Ted's bumbling.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

http://www.startribune.com/minn-gop-group-deletes-tweet-dfl-called-racist-and-bigoted/353162601/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Fried Chicken posted:

I'm trying to fathom how people don't see that the very second that these greater restrictions on freedom of speech were rolled out, they would be see to silence the left, not the right.

Do you really not think that, if hate speech laws were given more teeth, you wouldn't see it used to shut down anyone who criticized Israel's actions against Palestinians?

Given that's already considered a fringe position in the mainstream media on par with UFO conspiracy theories it's not necessary.

• Locked thread