Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Joementum posted:

This is why I support Vitter: his experience keeping poo poo from leaking.

At least the election looks like a squeaker and not a blowout :gonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

duz posted:

Are you talking about the results or Vitter's fetishes?

Fetishes, always fetishes

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Mr Jaunts posted:

At a Q&A in New Hampshire today, Rubio was asked, "Who would you like to have a beer with who is not a politician?” His answer?

Malala Yousafzai, Nobel Peace Prize winner, and noted Muslim teenager :lol:

Rubio really is Jeb!'s protege, this is an amazing answer holy poo poo

Who would you like to have a beer with? AN UNDERAGE MUSLIM GIRL, PLEASE

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Pillowpants posted:

So,

In my city I've been waging a completely fake over the top write in campaign to become dictator of the city. I've spent two months talking about making rivers run with chocolate, annexing surrounding towns, deciding leash law disputes with duels etc etc etc. while at the same time asking everyone to stop name calling each other. I've been doing this on all Facebook with photoshopped signs and long rants every few days.

Last night, this got me elected to the Housing Authority in my city and I came in second for Planning Board, and got 12 votes for city council.

Go mad with power immediately.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Fried Chicken posted:

How has the national anthem not been changed to Pizza and anal yet?

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Luigi Thirty posted:

You know there's zero chance of it passing because there will be a billion Koch dollars opposing it and just being on the ballot will bring every wingnut out to the polls

Everyone in Colorado is legally required to smoke weed now, and if you get high enough you become pro-UHC. It's going to pass and it's not going to be close.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
If everyone in Paris had been allowed to open carry their own AK, this wouldn't happen :(

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Luigi Thirty posted:

uhhhh I hope we're not headed for glorified pogroms here.

We've been slowly and inexorably headed that direction since 9/12/01 :toot:

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Talmonis posted:

It's unacceptable to belittle the fears of people in the wake of a purposeful slaughter of a large number of innocents by a tiny group of monsters. People have every right to be worried about something happening here, as it's not only promised by the same ones who did so in paris, but predicted by our own intelligence agencies. There is no "just ignore it" option. They will not go away. They will kill as many innocent people as they can in as grusome and inhumane ways as they can, until either their capacity to do so is eliminated, or they win their insane war against all non-arab, non-salafists.

No actually it is always acceptable to belittle dumbshit bigots having dumbshit ideas. It may not be the most effective way to make an argument or to accomplish anything, but "wahhhh don't belittle my fears!!" is a complete joke and non-starter. Your fears are idiotic and so are you.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

MySwan posted:

Is anyone else surprised that Massachusetts, the land of Elizabeth Warren and only one that voted for McGovern, wants to ban Syrian refugees? Can someone who lives there comment on this? New Hampshire and Maine, sure, they're backwards states, but I thought Massachusetts was a little better than that (a little bit).

It's also the land of Mitt Romney. Not In My Backyard-ism poo poo now applies to human beings :toot:

This all just further supports the case that reality is no longer imitating Foundation with Donald Trump as the Mule, it's doing Infinite Jest with Donald Trump as Johnny Gentle, running on a platform of cleaning up America. Negotiations about the construction of the Great Wall of USA/Mexico will lay the groundwork for the formation of ONAN during Trump's second term :tinfoil:

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
Finding extra room in the budget to pay for UHC by introducing subsidized time is exactly the kind of thing Trump would loving do.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Grouchio posted:

Should I be worried that the Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement has recently been drafted and may or may not become law?

I would recommend being extremely worried in general on the topic of USPOL it's definitely healthy

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Geoff Peterson posted:

It's also the land of

Boston has kinda a lovely racist past. Many of the people from their lovely racist past are still alive.

On the plus side, Boston's Mayor appears to understand what #BostonStrong was actually about and is willing to accept refugees if the government places them there.

:catstare:

That picture isn't fun to look at please stop invading my personal safe posting space.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Geoff Peterson posted:

If it helps, everyone involved says that it was horrible timing and a horrible angle on the photo. Apparently, the attacker was swinging the flag at his target rather than trying to impale him.

(I don't think that makes it much less horrible?)

That does help kinda, thank you.

Wait why was he waving a flag "at" a "target" :confused: am I using flags wrong have I been using flags wrong this whole time?

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
I'm going to take a picture of a guy using a flag pole as a giant stick to hit this nice person

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Geoff Peterson posted:

It's why The Green Monster has long been known as the Gamer Gate.

I learn something new every day, the universe is a wonderful place, thank you.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

FlamingLiberal posted:

Paul Ryan just came out and said that the President does not need a new AUMF against ISIS, so that puts a hole in that GOP talking point

Sooooo, does that mean that Obama can just do whatever he wants with the military wrt ISIS or what?

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

GalacticAcid posted:

As America's will to shop recedes, ISIS's power grows commensurately.

America actually works like Tinkerbell except with consumption instead of audience applause. When GWB encouraged us to go shopping after 9/11 it wasn't "haha GWB is dumb" it was more "if you fuckers spend enough money we'll grow powerful enough to deploy the gundam"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

HootTheOwl posted:

Economics is the biggest religion of all, only the gods provide tangible answers when people believe in them. (Literally the stock market is nothing but trading money for faith)

Ya agreed, no sarcasm intended in the original comment :hfive:

• Locked thread