Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

I have a feeling my uncles will contest this thread title. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

Joementum posted:

Quote of the day, “The main thing I would say is that nothing’s free. If someone offers you something for free, treat it as if they’re offering you heroin and think about the repercussions of what is free and what is a drug, an addicting drug like heroin and the ramifications of that. There’s nothing free. It just means somebody else is gonna pay for it, you don’t see them. So the plumber, the welder, the carpenter, the people who don’t go to college are being asked to pay for your education.” ~ Rand Paul, on public education.

Shut up Rand.

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

Rhesus Pieces posted:

:eyepop:

His rollout of the new slogan "Jeb can fix it" isn't cutting it apparently.

Talk ablut embarrassing.

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

mlmp08 posted:

Not to mention that all of those look exclusively at base pay and utterly loving ignore the free healthcare and either free housing and food or, if of rank or dependent status not to be in barracks housing, substantial tax-free housing and food allotments. I wouldn't be very supportive of minimum wage hikes if all minimum wage jobs also gave out zip code-adjusted tax-free housing pay. The lowest rate in the military for brand-new military members in the cheapest part of the country is around $12,000 per year for rent and food. Tax free.

For a junior enlisted military member, if they live off post their housing/food allotment could easily exceed 50% of their total pay depending on where they live. And then there's the free tuition assistance and other benefits.

I get all kinds of irritated when military members essentially lie about their total compensation to try to put down low-pay workers.

The worst of them are the dual military couples that pull in all of these compensations twice and still say they get paid poo poo.

Like, two E-5s being married out here near Camp Pendleton can easily pull in over $7500 a month just off base pay and BAH.

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

Mr Interweb posted:

So ISIS says they plan on attacking New York.

Anyone wanna explain to me what the conservative logic is of Obama wanting Isis to attack A major Democratic stronghold like that?
False flag. Duh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

Bar Crow posted:

He screamed "Alluh Ackbar!" before detonating his water bottle.
"Aqua Buddha"

• Locked thread