Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Speaking of TURKEYS, could the US possibly go to war with said country in the future provided Erdogan becomes as dickish as Assad or Putin?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

HorseRenoir posted:

Erdogan could pave the highways with Kurdish skulls and Turkey would still remain in NATO
.....But why?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Now with the (fourth?) republican debate over, what can we gather from it candidate-wise? Could Trump lose the nomination? And if he does, would he run as a third-party candidate?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I take it the former should not be able to pass such a bill through congress...right?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

So what's the Bacon title representing?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Ron Jeremy posted:

My wife got out of paris. She's sitting next to Al Gore on the flight.
Is he repeatedly annoying her on facebook?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Its official. The French terrorist attacks have driven this thread insane.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Should I be worried that the Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement has recently been drafted and may or may not become law?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Geoff Peterson posted:

Luckily, there's a thread just for this topic! http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3725584&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=13

If you don't want to read that thread (hint: don't read that thread), it appears that the initial leaks were at least somewhat overblown or offbase. Past that, it's a bigass document and there's still a substantial period of time before it comes up for a vote.

EFF appears to dislike it, but while I respect the work they do, asking their opinion on this is like asking Lindsay Graham about an invasion or Donald Trump about a young Eastern European woman. There are some elements that are likely to have slight negative impact to the US. Early reports are a mixed bag for other signatories. Not surprisingly, given the intent of the pact, China gets hosed.

If it helps, everyone involved says that it was horrible timing and a horrible angle on the photo. Apparently, the attacker was swinging the flag at his target rather than trying to impale him.

(I don't think that makes it much less horrible?)
I mostly worried about the copyright implications that could stifle the japanese media industries.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Should I be concerned over the ISIS threat video to NYC?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Joementum posted:

The Senate has concluded all pre-Thanksgiving voting. The last recorded vote was on Peter William Bodde to become Ambassador to Libya, which was 95-0. He was nominated for the position 135 days ago.
Is the House starting to crack at the seams under Ryan's tenure juuust yet?

(Actually that's a silly question, they've "passed a bill that tightens restrictions on the resettlement of Syrian and Iraqi refugees, amid security concerns.")

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Could Bernie still win the nomination?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Ugly as everything this week has been, it's still less ugly than Encyclopedia Dramatica's offended page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Every 6 hours I come here there's a new tag and title! :psyduck:

• Locked thread