Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

I paid literally no taxes during Reagan's terms as President. Every dollar I got for my birthday, street pennies, and other incidental childhood income went straight to my pocket. Other than allowing Mr. Hooper to die on Sesame Street (where was the security and who is this bird anyway) he was imho the perfect president.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

SedanChair posted:

"You should have taken the opportunity to talk about how heroin should be legal!"

"Shut up dad"
If Ron is smarter than his son, which is probably the case, he'll just leave a bunch of his old speeches on the table and wait until they are plagiarized into his GOD GIVEN 10 uninterrupted minutes at the beginning and end of every upcoming Republican debate.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

It's a good children's crayon drawing of a real watershed though, so to that point kudos. Yes, don't dump industrial waste into water that touches water that touches water that touches my mouth.

Edit: please don't confuse a 90 year old woman with loving goons creepy hellos and high fives.

SLOSifl fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Nov 4, 2015

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Wait, is that what he was essentially trying to say? I watched it on my phone I I honestly thought it was like a three second looped clip.
He has no idea about what he was trying to say and thus I have no goddamned clue. From context I'm sure he's "against it" but his retarded slippery slope argument is literally what happens when water flows down a slope of any slipperiness, I.e why water protection is extremely important.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

The House and Senate should meet on different days. On off days the Senate babysits the House, and the House watches the Senators work, just in case they pick it up like a bird learning your real doll's name.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

So basically every interesting race went the wrong way, but there is an upside. The right wing media and their inter-network tentacles panelists are already claiming this as the big win the Republicans needed. The momentum is strong, Obama sucks so much come on guys, and clearly 2016 is done and done.

The upside is loud echoes that will make the next year truly unbelievable in politics. Also I don't think anything that happened yesterday gives us any meaningful extrapolations for the general.

There were also indications that KY's Medicaid expansion might stick around. It was a campaign point that went from "burn the poo poo down" to later "not necessarily planning on going there". Unfortunately a lot of people will find out the hard way if it's gone when they need it and it shouldn't even be a question.

SLOSifl fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Nov 4, 2015

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Azuth0667 posted:

What happens in a race for a municipal position where no one is on he ballot and there's just a bunch of singular votes for write in candidates with no write-in having more votes than the others?
If there's not some restriction on minimum vote count or percentage, which there probably is, then that's why your neighbor is both the mayor and your neighbor.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

FlamingLiberal posted:

Pretty par for the course when it comes to Republican committee chairmen
A truly representative government.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

It doesn't help that most people probably thought "election?, you mean next year, the trump thing...I thought it was 2016 or is that the olympics".

The one with that black doctor guy...Ben Ghazi or whatevs.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

RuanGacho posted:

I just buy all the same brands of clothes, eat at all the same places, date all the same girls and pray to the same God.
Came out of the same vagina also.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Petr posted:

Oh hey that Petr guy sure is dumb for being worried.
This like saying water is wet because it's clear.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Hollismason posted:

Or we could make voting a National holiday then hire the judges from American Idol and then everyone votes by call in after the candidates perform a live performance of their favourite music.
Cant wait for president Sanjaya.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

FAUXTON posted:

Why? I hope you asked the bastard why.
Expose his malfeasance, for sure there is plenty. You're welcome mayor of shitstain wherever, FAUXTON.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Joementum posted:

What do these House committee chairmen all have in common?

Agriculture: Conway
Armed Services: Thornberry
Financial Services: Hensarling
Homeland Security: McCaul
Science: Smith
Rules: Sessions
Ways and Means: Brady

There are 21 permanent committees, so that's a third of the total. (There are four additional joint committees and one select committee.)
Let me guess - they have somehow negative understanding of the topics they purport to represent in such committees?

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Wouldn't have happened if they had knives.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Unicode emoticon #rachel_maddow

I can't wait for Jon Stewart on HBO. God I hope he's on the air by this election.

If it's any consolation for yesterday's election results, probably 60% of 2015 election voters will die from old age. The rest will die from pre-existing conditions covered by the Medicaid they just destroyed.

SLOSifl fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Nov 5, 2015

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Fist pump.

Riptor posted:

why does ben carson lie about things that make him look even worse than he is?
To look like a reformed thug. See, he could have been a naughty black but instead is just a quiet religious fundie. Wouldn't it be better if he could do that to all of them?

SLOSifl fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Nov 5, 2015

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Dexo posted:

Well poo poo, as a Black Man I have to vote Ben Carson now.

https://soundcloud.com/abcpolitics/ben-carson-radio-ad

The Flute is what makes it.
Oh my god, this is loving beautiful. Ben Carson speaking over music is incredibly painful but also hard to turn off.

When he's talking it's less like human language and more like a smooth keyboard solo played by a deaf guy.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Justus posted:

It's a real missed opportunity that Dr. Carson didn't do the rapping himself. (Somebody's doing the rapping)

"I'm Doctor Ben Carson and I'm here to say
You're gonna burn in Hell if you choose to be gay."
He's burning that sick flute loop if it's any consolation. Gotta be ready for the talent portion of the contest.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Fix posted:

Gonna miss Lindsay Graham at the kids' table debate, but replacing him with Huckabee and Christie will certainly make it more entertaining.
It's insanely bad news that this seems like a downgrade. "Without Lindsay Graham there is no connection to actual humans" is seriously terrible. One 90 year old picked Jindal because it was the last word into their withered hippocampus.

Lindsay Graham would look like a bad option against a glad force-flex bag of beaver-poo poo, but he's still better than Jindal.

SLOSifl fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Nov 6, 2015

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Awaiting the punditry this weekend. "IS UNEMPLOYMENT TOO LOW?!" and "Why a higher unemployment rate is good for business owners, more people to choose from"

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

XyrlocShammypants posted:

So long Keystone

SLOSifl posted:

Unicode emoticon #rachel_maddow

edit: Oh my god that is a large image, I'll fix that. Phone posting is dangerous.

SLOSifl fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Nov 6, 2015

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Why does my lease contract include a section that defunds Obamacare?

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Hollismason posted:

I dunno why he would lie about a event like this for like loving decades.
Yes you do.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

So I walked in a few minutes late to a Pub Quiz in Czech Republic last night and the question on the screen was (roughly) "Ben Carson is running for President of the United states. In addition to many other crazy things, he believes the Pyramids were built for what purpose? (Does not involve aliens)". I strolled right up to my group, grabbed the answer sheet and wrote down "grain storage".

Thanks to this thread we got first place by one point (out of 50).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

FAUXTON posted:

Aww what a cute widdle mountain lion.
They should be called hill kitties.

• Locked thread