Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Ash1138 posted:

"Cimbal, a loyal Republican, wants people to think about how to curb illegal immigration and protect Second Amendment gun ownership rights, but she’s mainly drawn to Trump because she thinks his plain talk can get things done. Her goal is to restore a time “when there wasn’t as much animosity toward each other, when everything wasn’t about race and people just got along.”"

I must have missed that day in history class where we learned about the era of racial harmony in America...

"I want to go back to a time that has never existed in human history :haw:"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Ben Carson is the perfect martyr for the conservative christian persecution story.

Facts no longer matter.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

zoux posted:

Fite me irl, says man aspiring to nation's highest office.

That doughy fucktard might be the least physically intimidating being on planet earth.

See?

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Man, gently caress this stupid country and the cancerous plague of conservatism.

:ughh:

There are candidates actively advocating that we help only christian refugees and test them before allowing them to enter, and no one seems to give a poo poo.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Dr. Tough posted:

lol at everyone in this thread losing their poo poo over all this. Have you guys been under a rock for the last few decades? This is minor league stuff for the GOP

I don't know. Granted, I wasn't around for segregation and whatnot--but I feel like the naked aggression and pants-making GBS threads xenophobia has ratcheted to a fever pitch on the right to an amplitude that feels groundswell-y. Unapologetic racism and exclusionary politics...and these people aren't being admonished--they're tolerated.

When we have politicians openly advocating internment camps and vetting refugees based on religious....

Am I wrong for being concerned? This safety obsession was bad enough after 9/11, but the chicken-little, boot-quaking fear espoused by the GOP is really scary stuff. We have already given up an incredible amount of privacy.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

haveblue posted:

I don't think we've reached the level of the president's advisors pushing for and actually getting a shooting war against an unrelated country.

But those were continued cronyist policies of the Reagan-era elite and not necessarily an expression of racism/xenophobia. The general population's racism just enabled it to happen without too much scrutiny.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

baw posted:

They didn't flee to another continent though for hopefully obvious reasons.

Grasping The Obvious™ is scarce in the world of the modern american conservative.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Instead it marks the start of my day.

I hate the person who made this :mad:

Me too, what an rear end in a top hat.

"...in contrast to those Manly Americans, fighting for the right to enslave an entire race of human beings in the name of unfathomable capitalist zeal."

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

The codeword of choice in South Carolina is usually 'democrats.'

A few years ago I heard lots of people in the fire service using 'neighbors,' which was explained as n-word and annoying.

God i hate people. :ughh:

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

This is what happens when your racist, gun-nut uncle is emboldened just enough by the awful, racist, xenophobic, homophobic, sexist rhetoric to pull out that Bushmaster and TAKE ACTION. This is a culture war goddrat it.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Throwing Turtles posted:

Catholic treatment is to wait until the condition gets to the point where it's clear it will kill the mother and then perform surgery to remove the fallopian tube. This means the fetus wasn't aborted and can be classified as lost to complications of an unrelated procedure.

Yup. This is hosed up.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

radical meme posted:

This was pages ago but, What the gently caress? He wasn't just a conservative, he was a Ted Cruz conservative.

Dipshit kid waffles on paper-thin belief structure. Unsurprising.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Joementum posted:

Quote of the day, "The overwhelming majority of violent criminals are Democrats." ~ Ted Cruz.

Hmm. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

I'm pretty sure my faither-in-law has said this at every Thanksgiving dinner since I've known him.

• Locked thread