Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Thought you guys may enjoy this. Couple of years ago a group of people at my school made a short documentary on bad films and got RLM in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
why you people continue to argue with probably the dumbest motherfucker alive baffles me

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i'm jealous of people that like lovely movies (so a good chunk of cd seemingly) because then you're happy all the time and you never waste money. i wouldn't defend em tho i'd just live in my ignorant bliss.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

cat doter posted:

why you people continue to argue with probably the dumbest motherfucker alive baffles me

Everyone wants to be the king retard who pulls the turd sword out of the poo poo stone.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Remember that exploding varmints video from RLM or otherwise?

Well this is the guy who personally shoots 30,000 wallabies per year:

This has to be a bit more damaging to the mental state than shooting tiny rats though, he probably feels like Charlie King of Rats.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-35878526

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I think culling and exploding varmints are two different things. The varmint exploder explodes varmints because he gets off on it, King Wallaby kills wallabies to keep their numbers in check but he just had the rotten luck of being the only guy doing it.

Plus I doubt wallabies are varmints that would explode all that well.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

mobby_6kl posted:

Remember that exploding varmints video from RLM or otherwise?

Well this is the guy who personally shoots 30,000 wallabies per year:

This has to be a bit more damaging to the mental state than shooting tiny rats though, he probably feels like Charlie King of Rats.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-35878526

Why would killing wallabies be damaging to someone's mental state?

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

Terrible Opinions posted:

Why would killing wallabies be damaging to someone's mental state?

You've never felt a pang looking at an animal you've shot while its gasping out its last breaths?

Croisquessein
Feb 25, 2005

invisible or nonexistent, and should be treated as such
Armond White loves BvS, because of course he does.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Filthy Casual posted:

You've never felt a pang looking at an animal you've shot while its gasping out its last breaths?

Not really, something that sized is going to die instantly or be in shock from any bullet wound. Like maybe wallabies are innately more sympathetic than coyotes, but I've done that job before and it's not that big of a deal. Putting down dogs or elephants would be hard but that's because those are animals who we specifically note as having easily recognizable human-like emotions, most other animals don't have those.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vs3sVrm_W4o

ozza
Oct 23, 2008

Certainly a shame they forgot to put any jokes into that

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acYl2lpq1YI

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Looking at this I just realized they designed Darth Whogivesashit's helmet so that he has furrowed brow lines, like he's permanently cross about how long the space train is taking to show up. "Ooh, I'm going to be late for my new job as regional manager on the Pain Moon" says the chud from Girls. "I'm writing a letter to the Transit Authority about this, you better believe it" He mentions to a visibly amused robot alien who is also waiting.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

MisterBibs posted:

If you're upset over what happens to a dude who assaults a lady, I don't know what to tell you. It's a scene that reminds you of what Superman is. He wouldn't do that unless you deserved it.

If you want me as a viewer to accept that this Superman is inherently good and should be trusted no matter what (something you have been argumenting over and over), the movie shouldn't show him killing a man when he easily should be able to disable him without turning him to paste. The Superman you're talking of doesn't kill someone because they 'deserve' it, only in extreme situations such as with Zod and Doomsday.

If the whole point of the end of the movie is that Batman stops branding and killing in order to follow Superman's example, then that scene makes no sense at all.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Renoistic posted:

If you want me as a viewer to accept that this Superman is inherently good and should be trusted no matter what (something you have been argumenting over and over), the movie shouldn't show him killing a man when he easily should be able to disable him without turning him to paste. The Superman you're talking of doesn't kill someone because they 'deserve' it, only in extreme situations such as with Zod and Doomsday.

If the whole point of the end of the movie is that Batman stops branding and killing in order to follow Superman's example, then that scene makes no sense at all.

i dont think he killed that guy

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Please don't trick people into clicking Honest Trailers links.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

scary ghost dog posted:

i dont think he killed that guy

If someone goes through a brick wall or two it's safe to assume they died.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Lurdiak posted:

Multiple brick walls at an incredible speed. He's dead as gently caress.

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

Lurdiak posted:

Possible Mr Bibs origin story? It would explain a lot.

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug

Steve2911 posted:

Please don't trick people into clicking Honest Trailers links.

It has two lines of Plinkett dialogue at the very end.

He talks about Pizza Rolls! Ha ha ha - how fondly we all remember watching Plinkett reviews for the first time with this call back to his second most belaboured joke.

Max Landis, Superman, Best of the Worst, fat, handsome, Rich, Mike, when is that girl coming back?

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
HAHA great cameos from the Red Letter Media crew in the Honest Trailers video...I'l be honest, the video was a little boring but it was worth watching to catch all the little nods and injokes the snuck in about plinkette....best of the worst...rich evens....even pre-rec! HAHA good on them. Make sure to watch it several times so you don't miss anything.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

ummm....its not? mythbusters my man. going through a brick wall aint no thang.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

MisterBibs posted:

The little head-shake from Rich Evans is what surprised me the most when that happened. I mean, in hindsight it makes sense since they prolly get that a lot (gee, I wonder why). Gotta give them credit, he didn't try and convince me of something that's inherently unconvincing.

I don't know what's scarier, that you're for real or that you would be this dedicated to a gimmick.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

LORD OF BUTT posted:

for what it's worth, the way I took Man of Steel was as a depiction of a very human Superman. he's significantly more powerful than everyone else around him, and a good dude, but he's also neither omnipotent or omniscient, and sometimes he fucks up. I think a lot of people's beef with it comes from the idea that Superman has to have a perfect solution to every single problem; the problem is, that would make him God, not Superman.

:agreed: While MoS isn't a very good movie I actually liked Superman in it more than in any other depiction of the character. Superman saving kittens from trees would bore even a 6 year old nowadays and claiming that someone is a completely flawless impersonation of all that is good and proper, is never wrong and never has doubts breaks my suspension of disbelief harder than a man wearing underwear on the outside and flying around in a cape. I'm just not buying the golden age Superman.

So you get a more human Superman which is good. And you can't really hold him responsible for what happened, saving Metropolis was just beyond his power. He couldn't stop the machine over Metropolis with a dozen super assholes running interference so he took out the unprotected part of the machine on the other side of the world. He did the best anyone could but I know that because I saw him do it, saw he did everything he could to prevent violence and knew his inner thoughts. The regular guy living in Metropolis knows none of this, all he knows is that this all powerful alien that could kill us all if he ever gets peeved just got in a fight with some other alien assholes and half his family was killed.

Superman is going to have to prove himself over and over until he earns the trust of the people of Earth.

e: I know this is highly unpopular but I loved the Kripton scenes, must have been what I liked the most about the movie. That was were the "golden age of comics" imagery works really well and I liked the Protoss vibe, it was a perfect mix of over the top garish weird sciency look.

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Apr 12, 2016

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

MeLKoR posted:

:agreed: While MoS isn't a very good movie I actually liked Superman in it more than in any other depiction of the character. Superman saving kittens from trees would bore even a 6 year old nowadays and claiming that someone is a completely flawless impersonation of all that is good and proper, is never wrong and never has doubts breaks my suspension of disbelief harder than a man wearing underwear on the outside and flying around in a cape. I'm just not buying the golden age Superman.

So you get a more human Superman which is good. And you can't really hold him responsible for what happened, saving Metropolis was just beyond his power. He couldn't stop the machine over Metropolis with a dozen super assholes running interference so he took out the unprotected part of the machine on the other side of the world. He did the best anyone could but I know that because I saw him do it, saw he did everything he could to prevent violence and knew his inner thoughts. The regular guy living in Metropolis knows none of this, all he knows is that this all powerful alien that could kill us all if he ever gets peeved just got in a fight with some other alien assholes and half his family was killed.

Superman is going to have to prove himself over and over until he earns the trust of the people of Earth.

this would've made for a fantastic film, but zack synder is retarded and doesnt know how to write a human superman. just an rear end in a top hat completely unaware of the damage he can do.

We, the viewer, are never shown any real guilt or even so much as a second thought from him over the amount of collateral damage. just a superpowered rear end in a top hat going from one fight to the next

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Race Realists posted:

zack synder is retarded and doesn't know how to write

Truer words have never been spoken.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
BvS was originally 3.5 to 4 hours long.

That is too long

Viller
Jun 3, 2005

Proud opponent of Israeli terror and Jewish fascism!

boom boom boom posted:

BvS was originally 3.5 to 4 hours long.

That is too long

Are they really saying that now? Snyder himself said the first cut he brought in was a little over 3 hours, wich is what will be the r rated cut.
Warner is full of poo poo.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Race Realists posted:

this would've made for a fantastic film, but zack synder is retarded and doesnt know how to write a human superman. just an rear end in a top hat completely unaware of the damage he can do.

We, the viewer, are never shown any real guilt or even so much as a second thought from him over the amount of collateral damage. just a superpowered rear end in a top hat going from one fight to the next

I agree that they should have had some moments of self-reflection in Man of Steel. But they made up for that by having that struggle in Batman v Superman. Superman struggled over the issue if he was good for the world or not in BvS and people bitched and complained he was dour and mopey. So if he did that in Man of Steel people would complain about that aspect of the film. People don't want a human Superman, they want a omnipresent god-figure who doesn't make mistakes - the character they complained about years ago that was wholly unrelatable and boring.

Superman fans don't know what they want.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Race Realists posted:

I don't know what's more human than that.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Jimbot posted:

they made up for that by having that struggle in Batman v Superman. Superman struggled over the issue if he was good for the world or not

did we watch the same movie?

I keep going back to that bathroom scene with clark and lois

clark says he doesn't care what people think, he HAD to save the woman he loves! This coming from someone who just moments before, threw someone through countless brickwalls at top speed, and PFH gently caress that other guy getting capped in the head

BornAPoorBlkChild fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Apr 13, 2016

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Race Realists posted:

clark says he doesn't care what people think, he HAD to save the woman he loves! This coming from someone who just moments before, threw someone through countless brickwalls at top speed, and PFH gently caress that other guy getting capped in the head

Even worse, that other guy was apparently Jimmy Olsen.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

MeLKoR posted:

I'm just not buying the golden age Superman.

what a sad mentality.

paragons aren't supposed to be realistic.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

thexerox123 posted:

Even worse, that other guy was apparently Jimmy Olsen.

It is, and Snyder is kind of a psycho.

quote:

“We just did it as this little aside because we had been tracking where we thought the movies were gonna go,” he told EW. “And we don’t have room for Jimmy Olsen in our big pantheon of characters, but we can have fun with him, right?

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...n-a6954956.html

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Race Realists posted:

There was also the scene where he's watching TV, the scene with Martha, and the scene on the mountain. Those were testing his resolve as to his place in his world. His conversations with Perry over making a difference and hope were also insights into his character while Perry's was insight in the cynical and hopeless world he inhabits.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

It is, and Snyder is kind of a psycho.

To be fair, it's no worse than what silver age Jimmy Olsen did to his (ex)pals. The jerk!

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Jimbot posted:

To be fair, it's no worse than what silver age Jimmy Olsen did to his (ex)pals. The jerk!

It's true, the Silver Age did give us, among other things, Super Dickery.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Would you folks mind taking the Superman/Batman chat to that movie's thread?

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

LividLiquid posted:

Would you folks mind taking the Superman/Batman chat to that movie's thread?

The nerve of people talking about Batman v Superman in a thread about internet critics whose most recent review was of Batman v Superman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

thexerox123 posted:

The nerve of people talking about Batman v Superman in a thread about internet critics whose most recent review was of Batman v Superman.

You leave that thread alone, Superman!

• Locked thread